Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 10 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject:

the Adversary wrote:
Strange, Jim, 'cuz that's been the only final battle I enjoyed.

Well, I'm not a huge fan of any of the boss fights in any of the games. This one particularly so, because it followed the PH fight which I loved. Anyway, it seems no-one agrees with me on that, but there it is.

This thread could win an award for vagueness.

Post subject:

Worst part of the game? When you have to throw the canned juice down the hatch then run down to get the coin.

Really, that's the only thing that even slightly annoys me. That and the "Angela Papa" battle in the 2-square-inch room.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 454
Last seen at: NYC
The part where James and Maria had to flee Pyramid Head drives me insane. I can barely do it on Normal, and the only time I managed to outrun him on Hard was because of a glitchtastic clipping issue.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
There's a very simple way to get past the red pyramid thing on Hard, and all you need is a few bullets from the handgun.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2004
Notes left: 2132
Last seen at: In the Cave of Rendezvous
Yeah, but he keeps speeding up. On hard, that IS hard. The rest is a walk in the park. (not the walk in the park :wink: )

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

::nod:: I'll give that another shot. Last time I tried that, I used the shotgun instead of the handgun. Except I was a little off and then Maria was on the floor. :(

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Uh-huh. But, like I said: There's a very simple method that I assure, 100%, will keep you alive for the entire hallway. Guaranteed.

At the first turn, put yourself between the red pyramid thing & Maria. Fire seven to ten rounds at it with the handgun--be sure to count. Quick spin, and run to the far side of the fenced-area. Go into the menu, reload the handgun automatically. Maria will run past the fence; the r.p.h. will follow. Fire another seven to ten rounds at it--be sure to count. Quick spin, run to the exit.

Guaranteed, one try.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

I know, but you have to remember the high rate of fucked up intelligence in Maria. :wink:

RESPECT
 Post subject:

As I said: 100% guarantee. If you do this, you'll never die. Even on Hard.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

No, but as I said... Maria can die, and she dies easy on hard. The fucked up AI makes her behavior to be a struggle between following James and doing a lapdance on PH.

It's not 100%... more like 80%. The 20% is her lapdance and I played it on hard about 15 times, so believe me, I tried the same method. It's the best, but not 100%. At least not on my copy of the game.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
I have had a perfect success rating with the aforementioned method. If you do it right, it's aces.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

In my thirty+ times on Hard (not counting the thirty+ times not-on-Hard), it has never failed: Maria has never died.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
In the other modes you can get away with just running, but trying it on hard is a pain in the ass. It's not the first time I heard of prescribed from above and thought it was b.s., but now I'll try it.

Post subject:

the Adversary wrote:
In my thirty+ times on Hard (not counting the thirty+ times not-on-Hard), it has never failed: Maria has never died.

Well, I have to count in my usual unluck I always have, because it never is 100% for me.
If you have 100%, I'm glad for you. I always get my blood pumping in that sequence.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 May 2005
Notes left: 407
Last seen at: UK
The only thing I don't like about that game is the long boat ride across the lake. I was going the wrong way first time round and it took me an hour. :(

(second time it took me five minutes though :lol: )

Other than that it's perfect.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1378
Last seen at: Philadelphia
I bet you didn't play it through the first time on Hard. Trying to steer that damn boat was a pain using the analog sticks. :x

RESPECT
 Post subject:

See, I thought that part was awesome.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2005
Notes left: 1378
Last seen at: Philadelphia
It would have been awsome if I knew about it. I spent 10 minutes in one spot going in a circle. :lol:

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Mar 2004
Notes left: 3526
Last seen at: Waco, Texas
Glazarus wrote:
struggle between following James and doing a lapdance on PH.
LOL

Anyhoo, I usually just gunned it and left Maria behind (even on hard) If I'm fast enough I've trigger the cutscene before PH skins er alive.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

I almost always get nervous and end up getting my left and right confused. (Let's here it for lysdexia!) I end up hitting into a wall, and then I get a delicious Maria shish kabob.

The glitch that got me through that one time was strange. James went through the corner of a wall and this somehow put Maria behind P. Hiddy, who was too busy chasing me to turn around and kill her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next