Teddy Bear? (Not Laura or Mary's)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Cyzyk
Just Passing Through

Teddy Bear? (Not Laura or Mary's)

Post by Cyzyk »

There's something dealing with Mary and Laura and teddy bears, but I was looking at the fancy white door of Angela's room in the apartments, and I noticed there's a teddy bear outside with a little red mark on its stomach.

It's a pretty innocuous piece of human detritus to find in an abandoned building, but very little in SH is an accident. Anyone else notice it?
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Could be that Mary was given a ton of teddy's by James....it could be the government too...
Haha, you peed your pants

-I pee lots of stuff

8 more days and I'm twenty three!...it's not that great actually....
Gwenfloor
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Gwenfloor »

Notch2242 wrote:Could be that Mary was given a ton of teddy's by James....it could be the government too...
ZOMG government teddy conspiracy!
Hehe, classic!
Two wrongs don't make a right, but it sure as h*ll makes it even!

Silent Hill RPG: www.silenthill123.proboards50.com
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

Notch2242 wrote:Could be that Mary was given a ton of teddy's by James....
but why would he give her gifts as she was sick and he loathed her because of so.

doesn't make sense.

i don't see any connection to anything.

maybe there is but i can't think of anything.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/cropknok/silenthillsig.jpg[/img]

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

No I just took a wild stab in the dark there. I dunno, maybe it show immaturity of James taking someones life without asking directly to Marys face "You wanna die shugga?" And possibly he doesnt want to own the fact that he did take her. That last bit may already be covered. Sorry haha.
Last edited by Notch2242 on 26 Jan 2007, edited 1 time in total.

-I pee lots of stuff

Scarlet
Historical Society Historian

Post by Scarlet »

The teddy bear is outside Angela's door. It can be hers...
Cyzyk
Just Passing Through

Post by Cyzyk »

I'm was thinking it might be a connection of some sort between Angela and Laura, or perhaps a universal "women in SH all have teddy bears". Both Eddie and James are "led" into or around Silent Hill by Laura to some extent, but Angela isn't so much. Think about all the other objects near Angela- unique (to the apartments) white door, wall-size mirror (that's got to be symbolic, that large a piece of unbroken glass in Silent Hill), knife, and the coin which is called a prisoner yet is a picture of a young woman. I could believe the bear isn't significant, if teddy bears didn't also come up later.
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

Teddy bears are in pycology a symble of disterbance. When i child is disterbed by an event at home it will always go and play with a Teddy bear and tell it their problems. This is becouse a normal child is always around teddy bears and soft toys so they feel an afinity with them. They 'Trust' them in a sense.

Pychological horror writers as talented and well regarded as Team Silent would know about this and exploit it in a creapy way, blood on the stomich and a creepy child playing with them to name a few. Notice how Laura's charitor really comes into it's own as a charitor and not just an aspect of Silent Hill after she plays with the bear?

It's not just coinsedence. It was placed their intentionaly
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Damn, I think you just hit the hammer on the nail there. And Angela having them too showing a significance of exactly that, a disturbed child. Good work bud. But why whould Laura. That little girl has balls .Thats a metaphor, or simile, meta-mile or something like that

-I pee lots of stuff

Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

I still don't think it's all that important.
Angela's? Maybe.
A teddy bear from the kid who last lived there, as James comments? Maybe.

There's no specific connection between Laura and the teddy bear in that room.
Laura's is normal, the one in that room is disorted. They're there for seperate reasons.
deadhorses wrote:but why would he give her gifts as she was sick and he loathed her because of so.

doesn't make sense.

He didn't loath her.
Last edited by Hjartu on 27 Jan 2007, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/hjartu/junjisig.jpg[/img]
Room312
Just Passing Through

Post by Room312 »

Hjartu wrote:I still don't think it's all that important.
Angela's? Maybe.
A teddy bear from the kid who last lived there, as James comments? Maybe.

There's no specific connection between Laura and the teddy bear in that room.
Laura's is normal, the one in that room is disorted. They're there for seperate reasons, both fairly insignificant.
deadhorses wrote:but why would he give her gifts as she was sick and he loathed her because of so.

doesn't make sense.

He didn't loath her.

He really didn't loathe her. Remember when the conversation in the last hallway in the hotel? He brought her flowers. I'm sure he did that quite a bit. And I quote mary herself when he said that he did it because he hated her:

"Then why do you look so sad James?"
love walked alone
the rocks cut her tender feet,
and the brambles tore her fair limbs.
there came a companion to her,
but, alas, he was no help,
for his name was heart's pain.
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Yeah? Why else would anyone want to go somewhere like SH. If didn't love her, I'd probably toss the letter out and go to a gentlemens club or Hooters

-I pee lots of stuff

Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

Notch2242 wrote:Damn, I think you just hit the hammer on the nail there. And Angela having them too showing a significance of exactly that, a disturbed child. Good work bud. But why whould Laura. That little girl has balls .Thats a metaphor, or simile, meta-mile or something like that
lol. thats a good question.
well this is my view on it.
in Mary's letter she said she wanted to adopt Laura. mabye laura exprianced somthing trubbleing in her past? the reason why she has no perants?
or, this is manly for the peaple that think Laura is like Maria. just a manifestation of the town. she IS the disterbance.
but i really can't say. i guess i can just leave it open to others to think that out :D
Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

Laura is real. That much has been established.
Either way, she's certainly not a disturbance.
Those that do believe she's a manifestation think her role is as a guide to James.
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I believe she is a guide, but not a manifestation. And I dont think there is too much "disturbence" in her. She just went to SH to find Mary, simple. I think that is in another thread though. But if the teddies werent Angela's (besides the room one), I guess they must be Mary's, Laura couldn't have brought them with her to SH theres too many. Plus Laura was playing with them when she locked you in with the boss in the hospital. They could have been real sentimental to Mary IF James had given them to her. And from what we can guess, what ever Mary loves, Laura loves.

Scarlet<The teddy bear is outside Angela's door. It can be hers...

Yeah...thats the one that confuses me with my theory. I guess it is just something a child can turn to if they dont have anyone there for them. At least in Angelas' case. I forgot who first said that in this thread, but I give that credit to them

-I pee lots of stuff

Hjartu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Hjartu »

If you've gone through Born from a Wish, you might remember that Maria commented on it; and, considering that Maria has Mary's memories, we can deduct that Mary knew she liked them.

Also...well, here, this was in another thread that covered this topic.
00000 wrote:Except for a room replete with teddy bears that Mary knew Laura loved. Laura didn't bring those in herself, you know; they weren't in her inventory. The fact that this one room has three direct connections to Mary suggests that this room holds far more importance than you're willing to admit: Laura is there, whom is, as you state, leading James along; a room full of teddy bears that Mary knew Laura loved; and the sound of a vase being smashed.
The explanation behind this would go into a totally different subject, though...
In short, Laura's posession of the teddy bears is significant, but for a different reason that has nothing to do with that room in the apartment or Angela.
Jim96
Just Passing Through

Post by Jim96 »

In my opinion the teddy bear belongs to Angela. Or more specifically belongs to one aspect of Angela's (rather strange) personality. Since she seems to switch from "scared little girl" theme to an "angry woman" or to a "catatonic suicidal one", it made me believe that the teddy bear belongs the the "little girl" one. So does the torn photograph of a family of 4 lying on the floor in the middle of the room...
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Hjartu wrote:If you've gone through Born from a Wish, you might remember that Maria commented on it; and, considering that Maria has Mary's memories, we can deduct that Mary knew she liked them.

Also...well, here, this was in another thread that covered this topic.
00000 wrote:Except for a room replete with teddy bears that Mary knew Laura loved. Laura didn't bring those in herself, you know; they weren't in her inventory. The fact that this one room has three direct connections to Mary suggests that this room holds far more importance than you're willing to admit: Laura is there, whom is, as you state, leading James along; a room full of teddy bears that Mary knew Laura loved; and the sound of a vase being smashed.
The explanation behind this would go into a totally different subject, though...
In short, Laura's posession of the teddy bears is significant, but for a different reason that has nothing to do with that room in the apartment or Angela.

Bravo. Yeah, Angela seems bipolar to me

-I pee lots of stuff

Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

Notch2242 wrote:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Yeah...thats the one that confuses me with my theory. I guess it is just something a child can turn to if they dont have anyone there for them. At least in Angelas' case. I forgot who first said that in this thread, but I give that credit to them
lol, It was me :D

their was no real reason for this post.
sorry.
Dark_Alessa
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark_Alessa »

but why would he give her gifts as she was sick and he loathed her because of so.

doesn't make sense.

Well he wouldnt want to show her he loathed her, as that would upset her.......

either way, i would see these as the grapes you expect to get when your in hospital
used to be maria_mary.