Teddy Bear? (Not Laura or Mary's)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

There's something dealing with Mary and Laura and teddy bears, but I was looking at the fancy white door of Angela's room in the apartments, and I noticed there's a teddy bear outside with a little red mark on its stomach.

It's a pretty innocuous piece of human detritus to find in an abandoned building, but very little in SH is an accident. Anyone else notice it?
This may be a little out there, but did C-section immediately pop into anyone's heads when they read the part of the little red mark? It was stated that Angela Orosco was a victim of rape and domestic violence done by her father, Thomas. If Angela is (I forget, but isn't it 18 or 19?) that leaves her at most five years of being able to bear a child, one she probably had to abort, explaining the significance of a teddy bear (childhood) and that it's red (bloody?).
Hurm...
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Mandiran16 wrote:and back to the topic of the BEAR! the blood in the center of the bears stoamach , and the bear being a childs toy is an obvious symbol of angelas painful childhood. come on people be more open minded. :D
really don't buy this "massive connexion through teddybears" thing. It seems like trying to make a simple matter overly complex and interesting. And uh, where's the source for saying "teddybears are the product of a disturbed mind!"? Again, that sounds so farfetched.

It's just a teddybear.
If you're raped, your stomach wouldn't be bloody.

I am open-minded. How about you stop judging me? I don't think it was at all necessary to PM me about this matter, either.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Your stomach would be bloody if they had to perform a Caesarean section, or perhaps an emergency abortion.
Hurm...
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Oh, great, more far-reaching concepts.

Look--show me something convincing that spans throughout the game that Angela had an abortion, and maybe I'll change my mind. But as far as it goes now: we only know, with a certainty, that she was abused. And that's it.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

She wasn't sexually abused? I think I missed something...
Hurm...
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

I really dont think that they would give the teddy bear a bloody cooter! :lol: And besides I said that it could be symbolic of pain, but not the physical pain of being raped. It's metaphorical not that literal.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

overachiever547 wrote:She wasn't sexually abused? I think I missed something...
I never said she wasn't abused.

Mandiran: But why the stomach? Of all places on a teddy bear's body -- apparently you're the symbolism expert, why don't you tell me?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Because it's a teddy bear!! It could be anywhere. Maybe it means the heart .Why aren't it's eyes bleeding ? Think about it.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

The heart isn't in the stomach. And why even ask that about it's eyes - why should it's eyes be bleeding at all?

See, I'm all for symbolism in the SH games - but only about important objects that clearly have more depth to them than what they show as an outward appearance. So far I've yet to be convinced this teddy bear represents anything more than, well, a teddy bear.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

That's the point it's eyes wouldn't be bleeding. it's Sarcasm. And it's a teddy bears don't have actual bodies.I said it could be the heart and i don't think it symbolizes bleeding, I think it's pain. Look i'm not trying to argue i'm just saying that it doesn't have to literal.
Self-Seeker
Just Passing Through

Post by Self-Seeker »

Well, it was said here that teddy bears are symbols of childhood or of childhood comfort, right? And this bear's all bloody and it's outside the room Angela was in. Maybe it's just saying that due to the abuse she suffered, Angela's childhood or the comforts thereof were, in a sense, murdered.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Self-Seeker wrote:Well, it was said here that teddy bears are symbols of childhood or of childhood comfort, right? And this bear's all bloody and it's outside the room Angela was in. Maybe it's just saying that due to the abuse she suffered, Angela's childhood or the comforts thereof were, in a sense, murdered.
See now that makes sense.

And Mandiran: if you were being sarcastic, I had no way of knowing. No offense - and I'm serious here, I really don't mean to offend - the way you type and your posting style makes it difficult to understand you.
ShiningSugar14
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShiningSugar14 »

I just thought that it represented an abandoned innocence. The bear is abandoned in an apartment, Angela left (abandoned) her innocence back at her home.
You will suffer... as we suffer.
Iamtehjanitor
Just Passing Through

Post by Iamtehjanitor »

I believe the teddy bear belongs to Angela.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Her father abused and raped her, and as a child she probably could have looked to that teddy bear for a friend. Speaking of which, Angelas parents are disgusting... not to mention that her mother probably approved of what her father did.
Self-Seeker
Just Passing Through

Post by Self-Seeker »

Probably not approved.
Yes, she said Angela deserved it, but that didn't mean she liked what was happening.
Her mother most likely didn't like what was going on, but not because it was hurting Angela. She might have seen Angela as a threat to her own femininity, or felt that her husband had chosen her daughter over her. There's a good chance this caused her to feel resentment and rejection which she then took out on Angela by telling her she deserved the abuse. That perhaps she seduced her daddy away from her mother.

Now that's total b.s. but that's how I think, considering the evidense (of which there is not much of) Angela's mom thought.
ShiningSugar14
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShiningSugar14 »

Self-Seeker wrote:Probably not approved.
Yes, she said Angela deserved it, but that didn't mean she liked what was happening.
Her mother most likely didn't like what was going on, but not because it was hurting Angela. She might have seen Angela as a threat to her own femininity, or felt that her husband had chosen her daughter over her. There's a good chance this caused her to feel resentment and rejection which she then took out on Angela by telling her she deserved the abuse. That perhaps she seduced her daddy away from her mother.

Now that's total b.s. but that's how I think, considering the evidense (of which there is not much of) Angela's mom thought.
Funny, that sounds almost like something off Fruits Basket
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
In Fruits Basket, Akito Sohma's mother rejected her because she felt that Akito was a threat to her marriage.
You will suffer... as we suffer.
themudgopher
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by themudgopher »

"The heart isn't in the stomach." (Krist) It's a globular stuffed animal, there's no difference.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/themudgopher/sig.jpg[/img]
SHF

Re: Teddy Bear? (Not Laura or Mary's)

Post by SHF »

Cyzyk wrote:There's something dealing with Mary and Laura and teddy bears, but I was looking at the fancy white door of Angela's room in the apartments, and I noticed there's a teddy bear outside with a little red mark on its stomach
Its lying in a pool of green liquid. This symbolizes Thomas Orosco's murder.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
B5160-R

Post by B5160-R »

^ Because he was drowned in green liquid?

Seriously, if you're gonna bring back a three-and-a-half year old topic with a statement like that, the least you could do would be to present us with something to back it up with.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

He has to be a troll. There's no other explanation for him.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.