Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 10 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Teddy Bear? (Not Laura or Mary's)

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
The Teddy Bear Symbolizing Something Sinister Hidden Behind It's Seemingly Innocent Nature...Much Like The Nature Of Angela's Father....

Again, This Is Just A Speculation....I Could Be Right And I Could BE Wrong...But It Does Make For An Interesting Metaphor..A Father That Should Protect His Child But Does The Opposite...

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11384
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Yea, that idea doesn't work. Angela's father isn't portrayed as innocent in any context; even if people didn't know he was a rapist, they knew he was a dangerous alcoholic who was strict on his children.

Missing since: 29 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2301
stopped_clock wrote:
What The Adversary, and everyone wants, is for you to explain the reason that you believe the teddy is symbolic of Thomas Orosco's death. It's not enough to merely describe the bear and then post up an article found in game that has nothing to do with the bear and then say: This is my proof.

You need to provide a reason as to why these things are linked.

Consider this, if I were to create a post saying that the wheelchair in sh3 is symbolic of the suffering of the children in the wish house, and then simply post the wish house article found in the game and say: Here is my proof. You would probably, quite rightly, call BS since I have provided no actual reason for my belief that wheelchair=wish house orphans.

That essentially is what you are doing with your teddy=Thomas Orosco. What you have is not a theory, it is wild speculation with only the most tenuous of links.

I got this idea from reading the article.
How it says his body was lying in the living room of the house, after he had been stabbed.
When I saw how the teddy bear is lying in the living room, in its own "blood", it reminded me of the article.
I saw it as a manifestation of Angela's past.

That's the truth. It may not qualify as a theory, but it's my reasoning as to how I came up with it.

Gravedigger

Missing since: 05 Dec 2010
Notes left: 451
@AuraTwilight: What I Meant Was That All Parents Are Like Gods To Their Children When They're Growing Up...Their Saviours...But To Have Parents That Are The Exact Opposite Is Quite A Letdown To Any Child....People Arent Gonna Know That A Man's A Terrible Human Being Until His Actions Come To Light....You Can Take That Joseph Fritzl Case As An Example...That Guy Was Sick On A Whole New Level, But People Didnt Know About That Till His Crimes Were Exposed....You Could Put The Same Spin On This Too...

Thomas Orosco was known for being a violent drunk. There is no innocence to that. It's in the article ( bloodied newspaper) that i posted up on the second page of this thread i believe.

You guys are both just making shit up at this point.

I said how i came up with my speculation.
If you think I'm a moron, then that's not my problem.
I'm not going to apologize for how my brain works AuraTwilight.

Missing since: 27 Aug 2010
Notes left: 2249
Last seen at: The Rabbit Hole
^It works for me.
Only because I can't come up with something better, and it was right before we entered a room with Angela inside.

*shrugs*
I understood what you were trying to say. You just word your thoughts poorly, like I do.

Thank you for understanding. <3

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21367&p=674128#p674128

SilentWren wrote:
^It works for me.
Only because I can't come up with something better, and it was right before we entered a room with Angela inside.

*shrugs*
I understood what you were trying to say. You just word your thoughts poorly, like I do.

I do word my thoughts poorly, which is why some people get all pissed off.
I thank you for understanding. Appreciate it.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 30 Jan 2011
Notes left: 84
I think Helldescent have the reason for once. You enter the house, you read an article about a man murdered with a knife, and you see a bloody teddy bear (I don't remember the green goo, I have played only once to SH2), in the same house where that man was killed. I see the conections. I think about it like a scary form of represent that in that house a murder was commited, because normally the teddy bears don't have "wounds" nor are bloody.

RESPECT

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>You enter the house, you read an article about a man murdered with a knife, and you see a bloody teddy bear<
All of those events happen at entirely different times in the game, except for the part about the house, because that never happens, and also the bloody teddy bear, because it isn't bloody.

So, I guess none of that happens.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through

I have only played SH2 once, I don't remember how exaclty it happens, I thought it was this way, because of the comments of Helldescent, and others, so, the Teddy bear isn't bloody, ok, so it has something special aside the "green goo", or it is a frigging normal teddy bear? If it is the case, I don't know what has it to do with Angela's father, I would say it is a representation of Angela's father murder, if the teddy bear is bloody/has a cut in the abdomen like I have believed to have read in this thread before.

And regarding the note of the Angela's father murder not being in the house, which I don't remember, It makes little difference, if you read that a guy that later discovers was the father of Angela, have been murdered, by Angela, and you know in Angela's room there was a bloody/cut in the abdomen teddy bear, you can think it is a reference to the actual crime, I see it pretty obvious. That's in case the Teddy bear is blooy/cut, if not, obviusly it has nothing to do with Angela's father, nor his murder.

RESPECT

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
There isn't a cut on the bear, nor is it bloody.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Just Passing Through

Ok, but King Crimson wrote:

"and back to the topic of the BEAR! the blood in the center of the bears stoamach , and the bear being a childs toy is an obvious symbol of angelas painful childhood. come on people be more open minded."

I have re-read the thread and the whole theory of the bear representing the murder of Angela's father came because Helldescent said the teddy bear was drowned in green goo... Ok, that's not make sense to me, I can see the part of a bloodied teddy bear as a representation of someone murder in that house, (not the green goo), but the theory of being a representation of the ruined and murdered childhood and innocence of Angela makes a lot of more sense.

By the way, of course the mother of Angela, (who was a bitch), felt Angela as a threat to her relationship with her husband, and that's the reason because she blamed Angela for the abuses. Angela as a little child, belived her, and because that plus the abuses, she went crazy.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 16 Jun 2009
Notes left: 125
flipain wrote:
By the way, of course the mother of Angela, (who was a bitch), felt Angela as a threat to her relationship with her husband, and that's the reason because she blamed Angela for the abuses. Angela as a little child, belived her, and because that plus the abuses, she went crazy.

That was never stated, at all, or even implied in the game.

Just Passing Through

I know, it is my theory. But, why the fuck is going a mother to tell her daughter that her father is raping her because her fault. She is jealous. And a mad bitch.

Or Angela is so crazy that she thought her mother was telling her that. For all we know Angela's mother was trying to comfort her or making some other innocuous comment, and a poor choice of words plus Angela's emotional instability made her fly off the handle and misread her mother's intent.

flipain wrote:
Ok, but King Crimson wrote:

"and back to the topic of the BEAR! the blood in the center of the bears stoamach , and the bear being a childs toy is an obvious symbol of angelas painful childhood. come on people be more open minded."

I have re-read the thread and the whole theory of the bear representing the murder of Angela's father came because Helldescent said the teddy bear was drowned in green goo.

To King Crimson:
The bear is lying in the green goo. I never said it drowned in it.

Just Passing Through

Helldescent, the last post should be directed to me, and, I know, it was just a form of saying it.

Regarding Angela's mother, she doesn't appear as someone who actually helped Angela at all, so I'm inclined to think she was constantly blaming Angela, and that it is more likely than that one day they both are speaking, Angela get wrong whatever her mother says to her, and then they never speak of it again, neither her mother tries to save her.

My Bestsellers Clerk

Missing since: 08 Aug 2010
Notes left: 362
I really do think the teddy bears signal some kind of connection between Angela and Laura. Even if it's just a really tiny similarity. Maybe something happened to Laura before Silent Hill, or maybe it's a metaphor showing Angela's innocence and childlike behavior, as shown by Laura. I don't know for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next