To help rebuild: The PH Forum

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk
Location: Is Florida considered the Dirty South or East Coast?

Post by Nurse Babz »

There was a Dead RN here. It's alive now.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6301/nbxmzw0.jpg[/img][/url]
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Valtiel is not PH. I've been doing a hell of a lot of research, using pictures, video and written theories, and he's NOT PH. Look at the paintings- Valtiel and PH are both represented, and therefore are separate entities. Their robes/smocks are different. The markings on Valtiel's arms are missing on PH. Their heights are different. Their purposes in the religions are different. The way they move is different. Hell, everything about them is different!
It's a pretty idea that they're the same beings, but there's far too much against the idea to consider it feasible. Let it go, people...
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ok

Spam. Do it again and it'll be deleted.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

lain of the wired wrote:Valtiel is not PH. I've been doing a hell of a lot of research, using pictures, video and written theories, and he's NOT PH. Look at the paintings- Valtiel and PH are both represented, and therefore are separate entities. Their robes/smocks are different. The markings on Valtiel's arms are missing on PH. Their heights are different. Their purposes in the religions are different. The way they move is different. Hell, everything about them is different!
It's a pretty idea that they're the same beings, but there's far too much against the idea to consider it feasible. Let it go, people...
And the whole thing were he's part of James' mind...
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
.-Ape-Demon-.
Gravedigger

Post by .-Ape-Demon-. »

Drewfus wrote:PH is the Sephiroth of the Silent Hill series. Fanboys like to salivate over him, but he really didn't do much of anything and is vastly overrated.

I guess all you need to do in a video to earn the worship of thousands is to impale a main female character with a big weapon.

....I can dig it.
You know...I never thought of the similarities there....

But regardless, basicaly, to be as nice as I can be, Pyramid Head is a rip-off of the formula used to create Nemesis. A big, scary, near invincible enemy to stalk you through the game untill some climatic final battle ensues...which for PH was a bit of a letdown.

Though in the Silent Hill universe, he is pretty imposing, and pretty unique asside from the basic formula.

And as far as the whole "Valitel is Pyramid Head" thing. Not a chance. Despite some circumstansial diffrences, I find no similarities. Lack of the Seal of Metatron, diffrent outfit, totaly diffrent origins. Viatel is sort of a mid-wife to the birth of God, whilst PH is a manifestation of James' inner guilt come to life and to punish him.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. "
-Marcus Aurelius

"Abraham Lincon was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands"
-Anonymous College Student.

"If the crib is on fire, you don't assume the baby is flame retardant."
-Al Gore
Beast in your Nightmares
Just Passing Through

Post by Beast in your Nightmares »

F wrote:He's just a manifestation of Xuchilbara/aka Valtiel through James' mind.
wtf are you talking about???

anyway it could be any number of things. Besides, that was the game developers wanted. they wanted you to think which one it is. he has no true story behind him, just watever story you want. i think hes the guy walter sullivan killed or one of the executioners. or perhaps his scary subconcience. who knows??? NO ONE THATS WHO!!! anyway just thought i should get that out of the way

its impossible to get sick of pyramid head, especially if he dances!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgDdMOBXt5I
[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l299/AngelOfAirwaves/fire2-1.jpg[/img]
[i]He is here to punish me... the Red Devil..[/i]
[url=http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l299/AngelOfAirwaves/1151543979.swf]Im a Internet Pirate[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>wtf are you talking about???
Do a search with the button. There are numerous discussions where this is mentioned--mostly by me.

a) Don't double-post.
b) Use the Search button. This, also, has been posted before.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Congradulations, Beast in your Nightmares: you've said absolutely nothing relevant. The whole reason they left PH so ambiguous in his background is so that people will speculate, and the whole point of speculating about PH is to have fun playing with ideas and bouncing them off others so that everyone can feel connected in a social and (at least superficially) intellectual situation. Why go in and spoil everyone's fun? Not that your post will stop it.
Let the dance go on.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Pyramid Heart
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Heart »

Pyramid Head is the sexiest guy/monster/villain I have ever seen. I can go on and on with him but I'm not going to. So *rassberrys* I'll just say this, he is the bomb and the best monster in the game and movie. WE LOVE YOU PYRAMID HEAD!!!! :D
Pyramid Head, he's my posse.

I know everyone, I've been everywhere, I know everything, 'cuz I'm everybody.

I <3 Pyramid Head! ^.^

Pyramid Head: Better then you!
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

Delcat wrote:I can talk about his eye slit dealies or his proboscis if anyone really wants me to. I still think those are cool.
I've actually never seen the proboscic thing. I let him strangle James a few times, since that's when he uses it, or so I've heard, but it just looked to me like he was strangling him. Does anyone have a screenshot or a link to a screenshot of it?
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
Pyramid Heart
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Heart »

LOL I love those dancing PH vids. They're so sexy! :P

I <3 Pyramid Head! ^.^

Jetsetlemming
Gravedigger

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Proboscis? PH has a bug-mouth? O_o
Anyway, I've always thought of Pyramid Head as a Nemesis done right. Instead of being a dumb apelike monster, he's dark and spooky and rare, and instead of "dying" then randomly coming back for no reason, you get the impression that he really is immortal, and he just doesn't feel like continueing to fight with you.
"ppf, fuck you james. It's my lunch break"
It’s being invaded by the Otherworld. By a world of someone’s
nightmarish delusions come to life.
-Harry Mason
Pyramid Heart
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Heart »

lol Yeah James. You need to get a new hair cut. lol

I <3 Pyramid Head! ^.^

Sute88
Just Passing Through

Post by Sute88 »

Nemesis is really cool, just because he only has one mind-set of killing STARS, but Pyramid Head is practically the same way, it's just he's much more calm.

I like James' hair cut :O
-Sute
Pyramid Heart
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Heart »

And I like PH's bod. lmao :lol:

I <3 Pyramid Head! ^.^

heathergirl
Just Passing Through

Post by heathergirl »

weehhl.... :evil: If I ever ended up in Silent Hill with him> I'd love him till he died. Wouldn't that mean that my self-inflicted mental punishment would be over?

Or else I'd play spear tag with him since we'd only be mentally hurting myself.

Yes Pyramid Head is hot. I want his gloves.
Pyramid Heart
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramid Heart »

Yay! Someone else finds him hot! Just like me and Sute! Whoohoo! lmao :lol: Ok don't mind me, I'm just a ModernDayFreak. 'K?

I <3 Pyramid Head! ^.^

Koudelka
Just Passing Through

Post by Koudelka »

I'm so sick of hearing about Pyramid Head all the time. And before anyone goes all "OMFG WHY COME IN THE THREAD THEN???!" - I came to give my opinion on why he's overrated.

#1- He is NOT a character. Why some people seem to name him as their favourite character from the game/s is beyond me. He's an enemy made to add to the story.

#2- Seems to me that most people who love PH are fans of his power only. Just because he carries a great big knife, walks at the speed of a dying slug and follows you around the town does not make him deserving of worship. "oh COOL, he is big and sharp and has a huge weapon!" .. that doesn't take priority over the actual characters in the game.

oh, and I don't believe there is some clever back story to him. It's been stated several times that he is a manifestation for punishment and/or guilt etc. Trying to figure out his detailed reasons/history/traits is as pointless as trying to psychologise the roaches.

edit - I do actually like PH, believe it or not. I am just not obsessed.
B5160-R

Post by B5160-R »

^ So having a monster pointlessly pursue the lead character is better then finding a "clever story" that makes perfect sense and further extend the quality of the game?
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Koudelka
Just Passing Through

Post by Koudelka »

He has a story that increases the quality of the game. "It's been stated several times that he is a manifestation for punishment and/or guilt etc".

But the fans that put him on a pedestal as being the greatest thing since sliced bread baffle me.
"[i]Hello Knife...[/i]"