Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 30 Oct 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 18
Last seen at: Rome
Quote:
You almost end up wanting to go face that town's nightmares yourself

Yeah, it sounds weird, but that kind of catharsis has always facinated me too. Maybe it's our sinful part that asks for redemption... I never believed in religion, but I have to admit that, form the standpoint of a believer, it serves well such a purpose. But if you're atheistic (as i am) you'd go for different way to dispose of your sins. And yes, facing PH it's quite extreme... but sure it seems more effective than some evening prayers :D (no offence to believers).

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jun 2006
Notes left: 112
Last seen at: In my pants
Yeah, I'm an athiest too (but holy crap guys, don't turn this thread into the Crusades!), but I'm not even interested in SH in a spiritual way. It's just oddly beautiful.
I mean, I want to see that steam rising, and walk through blood-rusted hallways.
I wish places like that existed.....

Post subject: a wall of text.

defently the game saved my ass and changed me a lot. Without it was one of the contributing factors that helped me stay alive through my "Dark" period.

For those interested:

Okay I'm 15 currently live in a small rural town in Saskatchewan Canada. I played many horror games before this one and not to self praise, but I am much more mature than many my age. Although I am ashamed of the fact the following is my past. I cannot change the past and it has made me the person I am today. Also I am well aware and even at the time there were people who had it much worse than me. But everyone has their limit and I was at mine.

Now into the story....I was meant to be a abortion. I was conceived through a broken condom during a one night stand. A couple weeks before the abortion my dad got in touch with her...long story short threw a basketball at my mothers stomach to try and damage the fetus. To piss him off she kept me. Now my mother was 19 going to collage had a relatively decent future going for her.....I wrecked all of that. My whole family hated me only keeping me to make them "Look good". I spent my child hood locked in a room luckily my uncle had his old video games in that room. I didn't even know who whiney the pooh was until I met my gf.

**heres where sh2 gets involved**
I was 13 at the time nearing the end of grade 7. I had no friends things at home were worse than ever. I was beaten almost daily. As well as heavily verbally abused. To top it all off my marks were horrible. Now I had it all planned. Heck I was excited. I had a shotgun fully loaded under my bed and a lethal set of pills (just incase I missed) Sunday night. I was excited to. Why sunday? well my parents were going to be gone that day and I didn't want them to walk in on me in the middle of it and stop me. Plus I wanted to finish this game a bought the other day the sequel to my favorite game...silent hill. I got it used for $25

**my Maria**

It was may. Thursday only 3 day left. The town look like silent hill with how foggy it was taht day. I was at school. It was lunch hour. I was sitting alone in a hallway where This girl named Katie and her friends hang out. Apparently I looked sad. I was thinking if I should leave a note or not. Katie leaves her group of friends. She walks up to me and asks if i'm okay. I being the prick I was I said "I'm fine leave me alone". That night I was playing sh 2 just about through the hotel. It had me thinking about a lot of things. That girl why did she ask what was wrong? I only know her name and nothing else, why would she be concern? I though Only in movies random strangers were concerned about other people! I wanted to know why the heck did this girl ask if I was okay. Next day I went talked to her. I was strill excited then I finished silent hill 2. I got the leave ending. I was bawling like a baby, It got me thinking maybe there is better out there maybe this girl is my way out of my hell. I tossed the bullets, flushed the pills, and threw away the guns trigger. Katie became like maria to me giving me that little extra strength to get by. I played through silent hill 2 almost weekly for a year each time giving me a little more hope in both katie and life. I chose to leave.

****afterwords***
Katie and Silent hill 2 helpped me through that time. Although it's possible maybe without one or the other I may have made it through it is certain that without either I would be a corpse. It was a year from this event before I was finally "cured" me and Katie we started dating we have been happily together for two years and hope to one day get married. I play through Silent hill 2 still quite a bit and am working on a homebrew port of sh 2 using a system somewhat similar to hotel dusk (movement not how you have to read everything)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Jan 2007
Notes left: 119
Last seen at: 7o3, Virginia
Yeah man, Im glad to see someone posting this topic. I thought it was just me but this game has helped me out through the worse time in my life. Even at the end of the game, I too had to hold back tears. I owe alot to this game. I'm glad theres people who can relate to this.'

In response to above....Damn man, I can't even imagine. I can relate on the being a mistake part, being one myself, but not what came along with it. No one on earth deserves that shit. Thats horrible and im really glad you didnt end up going through with it.

Post subject:

xlespaul420x wrote:
Yeah man, Im glad to see someone posting this topic. I thought it was just me but this game has helped me out through the worse time in my life. Even at the end of the game, I too had to hold back tears. I owe alot to this game. I'm glad theres people who can relate to this.'

In response to above....Damn man, I can't even imagine. I can relate on the being a mistake part, being one myself, but not what came along with it. No one on earth deserves that shit. Thats horrible and im really glad you didnt end up going through with it.

Thanks I know i never deserved that stuff but oh well I mean I can't change the past and at least it beter now right I still have years of good to make up for all the bad. I mean I was lucky enough to be blessed with most likely "the one" for me at such a young age. When there are much more deserving people on there 8th marriage. I'm an athiest but sometimes you really gotta wonder if there some sort of karma or destiny.

To everyone here who has been through terrible time or is going through it remember there is always I way to make it better and there is always someone who cares enough to help. The shit you've been through will only make you a better person in the end.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Mar 2007
Notes left: 541
Last seen at: South Carolina, USA
I loved it too, and its my favorite one out of the series. I believe that out of all of them, this one has more of a variety on all subjects. WIll the other other ones mainly touch on pain, death and suffering. This one has more to offer on people being able to relate to it, because it's not as 'bizarre' as the other ones.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Jan 2007
Notes left: 119
Last seen at: 7o3, Virginia
unforgiven_hope wrote:
To everyone here who has been through terrible time or is going through it remember there is always I way to make it better and there is always someone who cares enough to help. The shit you've been through will only make you a better person in the end.

Exactly, I'm still going through shit but i know that things will eventually get better, and that whatever happens, I'll just be stronger than before because of it.

Well, Im happy you found someone special like that. It usually takes people half their lives or longer. I hope things keep getting better for you both.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
What did it mean to me? never vist my wife (that is if i ever get marryed) with a pollow, expecaly if she loves some lake side town dearly :D

its a worning

j/k it made me question the nature of good and evil.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jul 2006
Notes left: 59
Easier time in my life with chilling with friends and playing that fucked up game couldn't get enough of it

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1136
Last seen at: New Jersey
It means something to me, this game (along with a few others such as FFX) has a special place in my heart. Although I didn't have any problems when I played it like some of you guys, it still affected me dramatically. It sort of depressed me for a whole week! I was just really sad about James' situation and basically the letter at the end, just how it is read and what she is reading is so painful. I cry everytime I listen/watch it. I am glad this game has changed some lives for the better. I can see it definitely could open up some peoples' eyes...

Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
This game is what made me fall in love with the series.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Mar 2007
Notes left: 88
Last seen at: Room 106 jacks inn
Well so far SH2 is my favorite, since i am yet to complete SH3...

^ lol ^
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=oddworth&p=r
^^^ my own silent hill videos ^^^

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Mar 2007
Notes left: 59
Last seen at: Chicago IL
SIlent hill 2 was my first and my cuz suggested it. after that i couldnt beat the game i was too scared. I grew older and fell in love with silent hill

Post subject:

It was recommended to me as well.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Mar 2007
Notes left: 12
I heard a lot about the series and Silent Hill 2 happened to be the first I played out of the rest.

Still my favorite.

Post subject:

I originally played the non greatest hits version and then bought the greatest hits version. The Maria game is sad.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Mar 2007
Notes left: 10
Last seen at: California.
This game meant a lot to me, It introduced me to Silent Hill. I never thought I could feel this kind of uneasiness (for lack of a better word) while playing a game. The story was great, and the puzzles are enjoyable. Just loved everything about the game.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Mar 2007
Notes left: 79
Last seen at: Norway
I got SH2 at a very hard and bad time of my life, so it does indeed mean alot to me

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Dec 2006
Notes left: 341
Last seen at: Wherever my dreams lead me whilst unconcious
SH2 was the first game in the series (I had rented SH1 when it came out, but unfortunately, wasn't able to complete it, nor do I have it in my collection) that I played in its entirety. The storyline was captivating and drew me in instantly. It remains my favorite.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Apr 2006
Notes left: 48
Last seen at: Padded Room
SH2 means quite a bit to me.

It was: pretty much the scariest 'event' of my life. (I used to be reeaal chickenshit, after playing this I had a craving for the 'darker' things)

How me and an ex of mine first got together, plus all the memories of when we'd sneak out all have something in common with SH2. *sigh* memories

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next