Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 30 Oct 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Nov 2005
Notes left: 299
Last seen at: Seattle
Another reason SH2 is so special to me is how it solidly demonstrated the endurance of its developers' creativity. After being so completely floored by the first game, of course I expected decent things from the second, but not much of a departure from what had already promised to make the series a success -- more of the same, but with better graphics. I was so pleasantly surprised by an entirely autonomous game with a brilliant story taking place in previously unexplored regions of town with exceptionally carved personalities. It brought the heart-warming reassurance that things can change and still amaze.

Patience is the darkest side of power.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
SH2 was the first horror game I everplay and it still scares the hell out of me.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Apr 2006
Notes left: 25
I actually just finished playing this game recently and I am still so fascinated with the story. I was skeptic at first but I quickly fell in love with the characters and storyline.

As for this game meaning something really special...it did but it's confusing. <.<; It just reminded me of my father, who died of cancer not a year ago and while he was suffering, we were giving him morphine to make the pain go away. Well, the doctors told us to just give him as much as he wanted and eventually he would die from too much morphine, which really upset me. :/ Just kinda feels like we killed him so there's a small connection that I made. /endemostory

Post subject:

What an asshole doctor.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jan 2007
Notes left: 338
Last seen at: Kobe, Japan
I'm sure they didn't put it in as direct/unkind a wording as Miros did.

It was like that with my grandfather, and my great grandmother. "All we can do now is make him/her comfortable, and then it'll just be a matter of time." That's how they put it.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11057
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
If I were dying of cancer and in wracking pain, I would hope that my doctor would give me (or my family) the option of death by morphine, 'cause of the outcome was decided, I see little reason to hang around.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Apr 2006
Notes left: 25
alone in the town wrote:
If I were dying of cancer and in wracking pain, I would hope that my doctor would give me (or my family) the option of death by morphine, 'cause of the outcome was decided, I see little reason to hang around.

My mother told me the doctor had said that, so I'm sure he did put it in nicer words to her. And I agree, the morphine way of going was easier, but it still just made me feel really uncomfortable.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Dec 2006
Notes left: 37
I kinda wish I had SH2 when I suffered of deppresion :i

The first SH I played was 3 and I have to say that it put so much strain on my mind..years passed and the images and feelings from that first time I played still lingers fresh in my mind.

I remember seeing in a horror movie (forgot the name) where they would put a person in a room and the terrors inflicted on him/her would drive them insane...However, if the same terror inflicted on a insane person..ironically it would drive him sane...This left me thinking something...

Post subject:

You know sometimes sane and insane are the same thing.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Dec 2006
Notes left: 37
I`m sure many psycopaths would agree with you there :] ..hahah but in all seriousness, I do agree with you.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2007
Notes left: 23
It means something to me for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, a repaired friendship was how I got into Silent Hill. A friend who I hadn't seen for years invited me to her house, and we ended up playing SH2 and really having a great conversation about it.

Secondly, the storyline touched me so deeply. It taught me that your loved ones are never your possessions and that love can take you to strange places.

Thirdly, it inspired me to start thinking about writing again, using some of the concepts explored in the game.

And finally, it taught me that the little things matter in life. Letters, diaries, messages - they can literally form the essence of someone, especially if they're missing, or after they have passed on.

Post subject:

That it can.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Feb 2007
Notes left: 65
Silent Hill 2 was the first game of the Silent Hill franchise I played, and at writing moment, It's my favourite game of all the games I've played in the series (but I have yet to play the first Silent Hill at writing moment).

I can admit that this game made me hesitant to sleep until I completed the game; I don't want to experience anything from Silent Hill 2 in my nightmares.

Last edited by Ferguson on 27 Mar 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

^Hell of a way to die in your sleep.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2007
Notes left: 67
Last seen at: England
Is there a reason you're posting so often just to echo other people?

Post subject:

I remember fighting PH in the apartments for the first time. I also remember having to go online trying to find out how to beat him. I hate PH.

Post subject:

I played through this game for the first time and I think, "Wow, what other game is truly like this, with the psychological horror, the deep deranged cast, this is just great." I was hookd.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jan 2007
Notes left: 66
SH2 is one of three factors in making me add a psychology major. It presented me with a lot of questions that when I looked them up, all pointed me in the same direction. So maybe I'll be able to come back in five years and say P-Head changed my life, then again maybe not.

Post subject:

^ I have to agree with the the Pyramid Head. Once he came out, that was like a symbol of Silent Hill.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1748
Last seen at: Southeast of Greenwich...somewhere sandy.
>I remember fighting PH in the apartments for the first time. I also remember having to go online trying to find out how to beat him. I hate PH.

Wow. Poor guy. Did not know that PH took a strategy guide to beat.

It was special because it was startling. That never happens anymore. It was
a way to traverse into a hellish abyss without fear of acual harm done to you.

But the fear was there all the same.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next