Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 01 Nov 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jan 2007
Notes left: 66
My first P-Head meeting resulted in my firing off every single bullet I had in an attempt to kill him. Before that I had never used the gun once.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Mar 2007
Notes left: 2
great , silent hill 2 is the best game ever , soo emotional !

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Jan 2007
Notes left: 119
Last seen at: 7o3, Virginia
Cyzyk wrote:
My first P-Head meeting resulted in my firing off every single bullet I had in an attempt to kill him. Before that I had never used the gun once.

lol, thats what I did too my first time through the game......even though you dont have to shoot a single bullet at him.....the battle is timed. too bad I didnt know that then :x

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jan 2007
Notes left: 66
Yeah, on a later playthrough I got back at him though. I stabbed him with the chainsaw three or four times. Take that, infinite health boss!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Oct 2006
Notes left: 55
Last seen at: Alberta
I played this game a couple months after a mutual friend of mine died in a car accident. She had recently had her graduation ceremony, and was 2 days away from her prom when she died. She was an honour roll student, a model, and a bubbly, kind person all around. I wasnt the most popular/friendly looking kid, and she treated me with the same respect she did anyone else.
In any case, this game made me realize that maybe she is happier dead - if she had survived the crash, there's an EXTREMELY high, 99.9% chance that she would be mentally retarded, and crippled. I would hate to see her like that, anyone would if you knew her.
In any case, it helped me come to terms with the fact that everyone experiences death at some point, and its hard, especially when you're only in high school, but I've come to accept it now.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2007
Notes left: 67
Last seen at: England
Disciple of Claudia wrote:
I remember fighting PH in the apartments for the first time. I also remember having to go online trying to find out how to beat him. I hate PH.

Yeah that didn't really answer my question OR the thread's...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Apr 2007
Notes left: 2
Last seen at: Not the bottom Toluca Lake
While I play SH 2 I ended a really serious relationship ravaged by sexual frustration and loneliness on both sides, and in the end the game really helped me cope...

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Dec 2006
Notes left: 202
Last seen at: In a random HOLE.
The Stairs of Fire scene in particular was very profound to me. I've had my fair share of suicidal tendencies, and while I've put that all behind me long ago, I could still relate to Angela in a way many people in my life cannot. The way she mocked James for trying to help her reminded me of myself, and that has led to a decent bit of introspection. So yeah, this game means a whole lot to me.

-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2004
Notes left: 270
Last seen at: Chicago
Some of the most horrifying and most dramatic scenes I've seen in this game, which is why it is my most favorite in the series. It deals the most with the trouble psychological mind and people's imaginations manifesting.

It's the story that happened yesterday, but I know it's tomorrow.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Apr 2006
Notes left: 50
Last seen at: USA
Personally I think the emotional impact and story of this game is pathetic compared to my all time favorite game (Sanitarium, a 1998 PC Adventure game) but it's still quite moving, it didn't have any real impact for me though, although it did change my opinion on how atmosphere can make a game worth playing, despite the fact that the gameplay itself isn't that spectacular (although it has good puzzles and level design) more or less just "good" to a certain degree.

This, personally, is only a game you can really appreciate that well if it's the first experience you've had of it, or anything like it. Otherwise I doubt that it'll do much for you, it was startlingly different than Silent Hill 1, and that goes to number 3 as well, although I'm referring to the atmosphere really, since they all tend to feel way different. (Did not get the same type of fear when playing either of the first three, didn't get any fear in number four whatsoever).

So for me, I had played something far more disturbing and bizarre than Silent Hill than when I first touched it, so I was already exposed to something that you can say is more shocking and, in my opinion, deeper.

I would suggest checking out the game Sanitarium by Dreamworks, very fine piece of work, if you liked Silent Hill's element of the bizarre (and its twisting story as well) you'll certainly like Sanitarium, even more so if you're a point and click adventure game fan.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Dec 2005
Notes left: 1123
Last seen at: Wherever Mother Claudia sends me.
Koudelka wrote:
Disciple of Claudia wrote:
I remember fighting PH in the apartments for the first time. I also remember having to go online trying to find out how to beat him. I hate PH.

Yeah that didn't really answer my question OR the thread's...

I also hate the fact that I never got to truly kill PH. This game will forever be etched in my heart, my mind, and my frustration.

Last edited by Disciple of Claudia on 04 May 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Jun 2006
Notes left: 279
Last seen at: Under One Of Andrew DeSalvo's Man Titties
Absolutely it does.

It's my favorite game, of all time. And it has a hell of a lot of meaning to me. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly draws me to it, but something does.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
It meant that I am not the only person that was dealing with guilt and it conveyed the many different ways to deal with this guilt, even making others sympetsize with someone dealing with this kind of guilt.

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
i guess iv had my dark period too.and when your a christian thats not really a good thing.but sh2 didnt help me,i didnt play it till a year after my "dark" period though,and it was the second silent hill game i ever played.the person that saved me is now my girlfriend,and weve been together for 2 years starting tomarrow.i still had alot of darkness in me when she let me have silent hill 2 a year ago,since i only ever played silent hill 3,i said hell yea.i beat the game in 3 days and after i beat it,i became darker.but i understood more.iv recoverd alot now and do not crave violence anymore,and see more truth in life than saying it sucks for me.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2004
Notes left: 270
Last seen at: Chicago
EyeNixon wrote:
(Did not get the same type of fear when playing either of the first three, didn't get any fear in number four whatsoever).

I understand what you mean and I think it is because that the atmospheres in SH1 and SH3 were WAY more bloodier and crawling with plenty more monsters ("fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh", lol!). Also while these two were focused more on noises and direct contact with fear, SH2 seemed to deal more with silence and distant noises to creep you out.

It's the story that happened yesterday, but I know it's tomorrow.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Apr 2006
Notes left: 50
Last seen at: USA
My exact experience with each was more like...

Silent Hill - A very strong feeling of "dread" even when fighting monsters it seemed slow and almost mind-boggling painful to anticipate what might happen next.

Silent Hill 2 - Like you said, much more creepy and subdued, although in my opinion when it did get nasty it had some of the most disgusting parts in any of the games in the series.

Silent Hill 3 - Loud and bloody and disgusting, the environments were the nastiest, and the monsters were the most vile. This was the one that just totally grossed me out. So I pretty much had the same feelings you did on this one.

Silent 4 - The ghosts were scary I guess.

That's basically how I summed up all the methods of fear in them.
It's probably my favorite part of the series, how they each have a different feel.
But I did enjoy Silent Hill 2's style of scares more.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Apr 2006
Notes left: 464
Last seen at: Who cares???
This game was very special to me.. i got the survival-horror games thing going in me...

Before; I was scared of almost everything scary(duh).. but since this game.. my balls are bigger (i mean by braver..)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Mar 2007
Notes left: 88
Last seen at: Room 106 jacks inn
Silent hill 2, well it was the first one i played, its deffinitley my favorite, i mean the storyline the twists the monsters the characters, it was just an amazing game, and i also share the same first name as the main character.

^ lol ^
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=oddworth&p=r
^^^ my own silent hill videos ^^^

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 May 2007
Notes left: 37
Last seen at: In Heather's wildest dreams.
I love Silent Hill 2.

Although it's not my favorite (SH3 is) it's my second choice without a doubt. The story is the most dramatic of the entire series. And there is some unforgetable moments in that game. It's sad how everyone dies in this one. I feel sorry for Angela and James they had it the worse. Pyramid Head is also a very cool monster that's another good reason I like it so much.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Nov 2006
Notes left: 53
This game is without a doubt my favorite video game. It changed the way I looked at video games, too. I used to think video games were all graphics, violence, kill, kill, KILL! But ever since I've played this game I look at them more different. Yeah, the graphics are still important but the part of the video games I like to play is the story. The story basically means everything to me now. This is an amazing game and the game that got me into the SH series.
I FUCKING LOVE IT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next