Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 30 Oct 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 May 2006
Notes left: 91
SH2 was the last one of the 4 that I played. I've heard so much good stuff about this part.

I always thought it was just over-rated... until I played it. It just left me speechless. It's drama and story is simply superb. Mindblowing.
Only games that left the same feeling of amazement and admiring on me were Final Fantasy series and MGS series.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 May 2007
Notes left: 1025
i think the reason SH2 had the most effect on me is b/c it dealt mainly with a personal struggle. the others showed the struggles of the main characters with outside sources, but SH2 was almost, if not all, entirely focused on James and his internal struggle. this story of his internal struggle greatly helped me out of a confused time of my life, and for that this game is very special to me.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 452
SH2 is special to me because it's my first and one of the only real examples of a video game affecting me emotionally. I never knew that brainless shooting and blood and gore could actually mean something more, almost to the point of actually eliciting an emotional response from me (tears). I admit I was deeply stricken with the ending monologue.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 May 2007
Notes left: 7
especially musics affected me
i still listen them

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 May 2007
Notes left: 3
TleilaxuEyes wrote:
The Stairs of Fire scene in particular was very profound to me. I've had my fair share of suicidal tendencies, and while I've put that all behind me long ago, I could still relate to Angela in a way many people in my life cannot. The way she mocked James for trying to help her reminded me of myself, and that has led to a decent bit of introspection. So yeah, this game means a whole lot to me.

Yeah, I could relate to Angela a whole lot and even think at instances that I feel her innermost pain. I hope one doesn't think of me as obbsessed, but I even named my band after her. Oh - and this is my first post, so , Me = score!

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
the silent hills have made me appreciate (some) video games. before, i didn't really bother playing anything because it seemed stupid and pointless. but the plots of the silent hill series are always so intricate along with the stories behind everything, and the meticulous detail put in to the graphics. they're really beautiful and i'm happy that they exist.

... plus they've cured a lot of boredom.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Notes left: 694
The music was great. It was the third Silent Hill I played after SH1&4. It was a nice experience.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jun 2007
Notes left: 227
Last seen at: Neely's.
this was the first one i played.
the dialog and all the things that happened were just so deep and a lot more meaningful than almost any other game i played. the story was just so sad and the action was nervwracking. i was also attracted to it because it scared the shit out of me.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Notes left: 694
It might get extremely scary smoetimes.
Whenever the Pyramid head came out of no where, I was like "Oh, Shit! I'm gonna die."
The story grabed me alot.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jan 2005
Notes left: 432
Last seen at: Alchemilla Hospital
I began to see the good in everything.. I don't know. Nothing can be as bad as being sucked into a world of insanity and fear, right? haha So what if I didn't get paid for that babysitting job? Atleast im not fighting for my life. Atleast I didn't kill my wife. See? Life looks better already.

I try to be more brave in life, too! If there's a werid noise and my friends are all freaked out, I'm the first one to lead them on to figure it out. I almost want to find some horrible monster. Sometimes. Just a little bit. Just so I can kill it and start my own Silent Hill story. Even though that would be horrible beyond all reason.

Silent Hill is my home. lol Thank you Konami and Team Silent. I don't know how I will ever repay you. :roll:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 May 2006
Notes left: 47
Last seen at: Ye Olde Englund
this game....I dont know what it is about it, but I can never get bored of it, I always discover something brand new......like going into the room with the flashlight on the dress, pointing the flashlight over to the corner and just staring at the monster utterly terrified....thats why I love silent hill 2...the fact that it can scare the shit out of me everytime I play it =)

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2006
Notes left: 335
Last seen at: Jack's Inn
It was the first game that really made me "fall in love" with a game again, something I thought I couldnt do after Zelda Ocarina of Time.
And it just grew on me ... First it was a really good game ( which I strangely enought had dreams about , like " Were is the wife waiting , is she alive .." etc etc ). After a while I figured the psychological part of it and I fell deeply for the story, then the details, the kickass explanations you get with "Book of Lost Memories" ( which made me want to study Pyschologi on a University level ) and all other things we just love with SH.
Then when I thought I had it all I started to listen more deeply to the music, and again a new world was born.
Everytime a buy a SH game I know I will have a experiance to remember for life, specially as I NEVER rush throught the game but take my time trying EVERY door there is etc ( <3 Map ).

Life sure is fun, I acually bought the game becuase a "weird guy/nutcase" randomly took it up next to me in the store , looked at me and said " I hate these damn satanist games" and just went away.
After running in the fog for SO LONG I cursed the game and myself for buying it, but the gamer in me just wanted to go on , and so I found my way out , and thats one of the best desissions in my life.

Post subject:

Cigarette_Magdalene wrote:
this game....I dont know what it is about it, but I can never get bored of it, I always discover something brand new......like going into the room with the flashlight on the dress, pointing the flashlight over to the corner and just staring at the monster utterly terrified....thats why I love silent hill 2...the fact that it can scare the shit out of me everytime I play it =)

i think this games is the best.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2006
Notes left: 143
Last seen at: Devon
silent hill 2 was the first sh i owned, at first i found it duller than the fourth, as i had played that round a freinds house and that was the first silent hill i played. but i grew to be a big fan and got every ending for it. (except dog grr.)
the silent hills are my favourite game series without question, and the only thing that can truly scare me, which made me love them as i am a big fan of fear.
my point is, silent hill changed my mentality, now every time i walk down an empty corridor, a forest at night or a hospital i think of silent hill.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Jul 2007
Notes left: 129
Last seen at: Canada
it was the first silent hill game i completed

Henry Townshend - Silent Hill 4: The Room.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Oct 2007
Notes left: 12
one great achievement of a game is to capture the heart of the gamer, emotionally.
its the only game that made me cry, knowing that im not a cry-type-of-guy.

masterpiece...period!

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
sh2 made me feel like i had to cry.but so did ffx.so no. i get most of my nostalgia from sh3 on certain things i heard or smelled or felt from when i first played it.sh3 is special to me in ways that a game can get there.

Last edited by Silent Fantasy on 02 Oct 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Apr 2005
Notes left: 104
all 4 silent hill games had much more of an effect on me than i should have ever allowed. i played them during a difficult time in my life coincidentally (i think) and they nearly changed the way i think. a blessing or a curse i don't know but they have definitely had an effect.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2007
Notes left: 335
Last seen at: Happy land
<.<;

I never really get emotionally involved in games and movies.... Nonetheless, I adore it. Silent Hill has stories and metaphors that keep me interested so much. I love all of the games. <3

Which is why I'm here lurking in all of the discussions about the games. <.<;

And I learned I don't want to kill anyone in case their spirit summons me to a town full of creatures where I will die 500000+ times before I meet their spirit who ends up being one of the easiest things to kill in comparison to all of my other inner demons reflected as actual demons trying to cut me in half. :)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 May 2007
Notes left: 24
Last seen at: Silent Hill
It was the first Silent Hill game I ever played and I almost didnt even bother when I saw it in the greatest hits section. But I thought "Ah what the hell" and got it. That game changed my whole perspective on what video games should and could be. I was a big Resident Evil fan then too, and I just thought it was going to be a lame copycat... I was so wrong. Let's just say SH2 left a BIG impression on me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next