Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 01 Nov 2020

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Pyramid heads mask his only weakness?[spoilers]

Missing since: 30 May 2007
Notes left: 959
Last seen at: a dead cloverfeild...
I was watching the pyramid heads kill themselves in the last fight with them and something caught my eye. right before he jams the spear in his throat he grabs his mask just like he does in blue creek. this got me thinking when you shoot him in blue creek he acts like it actually hurts him.[instead of that dink dink noise] maybe this is his only weakness. I remember a really old thread maybe 2004 someone said P.H. was opening his mask and sticking his fingers inside. discuss elabarate please.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Feb 2007
Notes left: 111
Last seen at: Here
It can't be in that case, because in Blue Creek you don't have to shoot him or anything. Just run from one side of the room to the other.

I really don't see why his big helmet would be his weakness. If anything, I'd see it as the opposite; his strength.

Whoopsies. :oops:

Last edited by Darth Tacos on 17 Aug 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Quote:
It can't be in that case, because in Blue Creek you don't have to shoot him or anything. Just run from one side of the room to the other.

Not when you fight him when you see him getting it on with the two maniquins. you misunderstood me. when you shoot him it makes no 'dink' noise and he bends over as if he was showing signs of pain[he does this nowhere else in the game]and walks out of the room.
Quote:
I really don't see why his big helmet would be his weekness. If anything, I'd see it as the opposite; his strength

what makes you think it is a helment his name is pyramid head.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 458
Last seen at: NYC
I don't think the metal pyramid is his head. After all, a long tongue comes out from inside it. Something is in there.

I think they might've just been busying their hands, or possibly nudging their helmets up so they could fit the spears through the opening and into their throats. I don't think touching the helmet would be enough to trigger any weakness.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
>what makes you think it is a helment his name is pyramid head.

Its name is The Red Pyramid Thing. The pyramid is based on hoods worn by executioners, so it's reasonable to assume there's a head in there. Not that it's really important.

I think you're reading too much meaning into his leaving James alone in that scene. James is stuck in a closet with nowhere to go, and PH's purpose is not to kill him. The only logical thing it can do is retreat so James can get on with his search for the truth.

I watched that scene again, and I didn't see it touch its helmet at all.

As for the suicide scene, it only appears as if the helmets are being adjusted to make an entry point for the spears to slip under.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Feb 2007
Notes left: 111
Last seen at: Here
Knick Knack wrote:
I don't think the metal pyramid is his head. After all, a long tongue comes out from inside it. Something is in there.

Exactly. For reference: http://phsecretatk.ytmnd.com/
Look by the arm that's grabbing James.

Anyways, there's really not much more to say. Already two people have said it seems as though they are adjusting their helmets to fit in the spears.

The part where you fight Red Pyramid Thing in the long hallway in the hospital, which I'm not so sure about because I always just run, however, I have heard that if you shoot him it delays him for, I don't know, a second? Though everyone says it's best to just run. (Now that I think about it, same goes for the battle with the two of them. Their head tilts back for a second, and they keep going for James.) To me, I think that he doesn't really have a weakness, which is why they kill themselves in that last battle. They're not out to kill James, as JuriDawn said, they just want to make a point, and they kill themselves once they see James gets it. (Well, in most endings.)

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Mar 2004
Notes left: 4987
Last seen at: Pits of Hell
If you were able to remove the helmet, then that would probably be Pyramid's weakness. But you can't so, in practice, there is no weakness in that character since you cannot kill it (they will do it for you eventually).

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Quote:

yes he does watch it again. try to find a scene that has better quality
Quote:
As for the suicide scene, it only appears as if the helmets are being adjusted to make an entry point for the spears to slip under.

yes it seems that way but watch the scene again he grabs his mask the same way he does in blue creek
Quote:
Exactly. For reference: http://phsecretatk.ytmnd.com/
Look by the arm that's grabbing James.

Anyways, there's really not much more to say. Already two people have said it seems as though they are adjusting their helmets to fit in the spears.

The part where you fight Red Pyramid Thing in the long hallway in the hospital, which I'm not so sure about because I always just run, however, I have heard that if you shoot him it delays him for, I don't know, a second? Though everyone says it's best to just run. (Now that I think about it, same goes for the battle with the two of them. Their head tilts back for a second, and they keep going for James.) To me, I think that he doesn't really have a weakness, which is why they kill themselves in that last battle. They're not out to kill James, as JuriDawn said, they just want to make a point, and they kill themselves once they see James gets it. (Well, in most endings.)

[sigh] in blue creek it doesnt make the metal noise when you shoot him thruogh the closet. Pramid bends over implying that it hurts him
Quote:
I really don't see why his big helmet would be his weakness.

maybe its not his big helmeent maybe its his tounge. and to juri dawn I wasnt looking into why pyramid doesnt attack james in that scene I was simply looking into why he grabs his mask in both of those scenes. I just thought it might be connected since those are the only times we see PH get hurt

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
Tspoon6 wrote:
JuriDawn wrote:

yes he does watch it again.

I stand corrected. It touches its helmet once, before James shoots it.

Tspoon6 wrote:
those are the only times we see PH get hurt

The significant difference isn't that they touch their helmets, but that those are cutscenes. Greater detail goes into the animation for a cutscene than a simple reaction to an in-game attack. Same with the sounds; those were coded specifically for the in-game fights. In the closet scene, we see that the bullets actually have an effect, but that doesn't necessarily mean that PH was seriously hurt by them.

Post subject:

I dont see the tongue... maybe through my laughing at that hallarious music in the background. I looked by the hand... all I can see is at the tip of his helmet. but it doesnt really look like a tongue.... HAHAHAH

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Sep 2007
Notes left: 198
Last seen at: Room 303
JuriDawn wrote:

Hah, you can actually see things in those clips?
They're too dark for me to see squat in!

Tspoon:
While your idea may be correct, I'm leaning towards the pyramid mask contributing to PH's strength rather than being his weakness. I won't try to deny or vouch for instances of him being hurt via helmet or not. No one knows for sure if he is harmed, and either opinion I could have would already have been mentioned.

If you -are- right about the helmet being his weakness, what difference does it make unless you've killed him that way before? Yes, I love debating theories about the game, but the Pyramid Thing is much more than his helmet - to me, the character is more symbolic than anything else, and so I:
1) Am skeptical of him having a weakness since he's basically invincible, even if he can be seen flinching or slowing down,
2) Find that your idea was something nice to ponder for a bit, but consider the helmet irrelevant. PT/PH isn't about his weakness, no matter which way you look at it. I enjoy little things, but as far as the weakness goes, my attitude is generally "Who cares?" (No offense meant to you or your topic.)

See, that's what Silent Hill's been missing: scantily clad bitches. Silent Hill 5 will feature an all-female cast of hyper-sexualized lifeguards and camp counselors stranded at Toluca lake. One of the puzzles will require that the player swap the characters' bathing suits, and you will be able to pursue a lesbian love story side-plot on Next Fear.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2006
Notes left: 217
For those who cant see anything...

Ever hear of contrast? Looking at something dark with a white border makes the darker thing less visible. Hence why watching/playing SH in the dark lets you see more detail. Your eyes can take in the low light objects instead of the highly lighted objects overpowering the receptors on your eyes.

Try putting it on full screen, bottom right. Another thing, many LCD monitors partially wash out black due to the back-lights used in them. Try a CRT for better black usage.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Sep 2007
Notes left: 38
Pyramid heads only weakness is James finding out the truth of his sins. :3

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jun 2007
Notes left: 291
Last seen at: Texas
The helmet is only there

1) Because it's what the executioners wore

and

2) It makes PH anonymous and allegorical rather than a real flesh and blood being. I rather like the idea that if PH's helmet were removed, it would be James' face underneath (as displayed on the PH model).

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Quote:
Its name is The Red Pyramid Thing. The pyramid is based on hoods worn by executioners, so it's reasonable to assume there's a head in there.

I know its based off the whole excutioner thing. but dont you think that the tounge is a little long to be coming out of a head inside of a giant pyramid. maybe that tounge is just a penius and its another symbol of james sexual urges. And im not talking about james sexual urges for the penius. I dont believe james is gay. but since PH is a manifestation of james thats just where james decided to put pH dick. Unless you believe that his genitals are inside that little puoch looking thing on his stomach.

>>>I stand corrected. It touches its helmet once, before James shoots it.
I read in an old thread before the crash that it was decided that PH was sticking his hand inside his mask in that scene.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Sep 2007
Notes left: 198
Last seen at: Room 303
The Silent Executioner wrote:

Ever hear of contrast? Looking at something dark with a white border makes the darker thing less visible. Hence why watching/playing SH in the dark lets you see more detail. Your eyes can take in the low light objects instead of the highly lighted objects overpowering the receptors on your eyes.

Try putting it on full screen, bottom right. Another thing, many LCD monitors partially wash out black due to the back-lights used in them. Try a CRT for better black usage.

Oic.
Thanks for the info & suggestions, Executioner.

I won't have a CRT for use until I get my computer fixed, but I'd love to go back and view the clips when I do. I've missed 2.

See, that's what Silent Hill's been missing: scantily clad bitches. Silent Hill 5 will feature an all-female cast of hyper-sexualized lifeguards and camp counselors stranded at Toluca lake. One of the puzzles will require that the player swap the characters' bathing suits, and you will be able to pursue a lesbian love story side-plot on Next Fear.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Notes left: 45
Last seen at: Ashfield, Silent Hill
Tamako wrote:
Pyramid heads only weakness is James finding out the truth of his sins.

I agree with you.
Pyramid Head was made out of James feelings of guilt and that he should be punished for what he have done.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Mar 2006
Notes left: 217
Saourealis wrote:
The Silent Executioner wrote:

Oic.
Thanks for the info & suggestions, Executioner.

I won't have a CRT for use until I get my computer fixed, but I'd love to go back and view the clips when I do. I've missed 2.

NP. Other alternative you have is playing the game on a regular\crt TV.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Sep 2007
Notes left: 54
Last seen at: Mountains
Quote:
I rather like the idea that if PH's helmet were removed, it would be James' face underneath (as displayed on the PH model).

I know EXACTLY what it would look like. Valtiel :D
Back on topic, I believe the helmet to be neutral. It doesn't help him, or hurt him, because in the end, PH still serves his purpose. And his name IS Pyramid Head. James got the Great Knife from "Pyramid Head's room", as its said in the menu.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Notes left: 38
I Always thought the helm was his head. :shock: