Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 04 Dec 2020




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message


 Post subject:

AuraTwilight wrote:
Wrong. God is actually a product of the Otherworld. It's created by the people who experience it. If you're in Otherworld, you probably created it, the only known exceptions being Alessa/Heather's Otherworlds and Walter's Otherworld.

God is neither a deity nor a demon. It is, like the monsters, a product of the conjurer's mind. Whoever summons the God is also her creator.


I’m right because when dahlia made Alessa pregnant with the god that was when silent hill became the way it was because dahlia released its power on silent hill.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
No, not really. Strange things had been happening in Silent Hill long before Dahlia or even Alessa were born.

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Krist. wrote:
No, not really. Strange things had been happening in Silent Hill long before Dahlia or even Alessa were born.


What is the cause of all the strange things that where happening before, am just curious cause I want to know what is that makes silent the way it is.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Mar 2004
Notes left: 27
Last seen at: San Jose, CA
Well, I don't think the 'Otherworld' just came out of nowhere. Even though this isn't a well-recieved belief, I think that there is a specific, yet unnamed 'entity' that's causing all of the problems in Silent Hill.

If that isn't the case, then there wouldn't be much of a point for THE Silent Hill, as in the physical place, as the 'Otherworld' can be affected anywhere. There is something or someone tying this rift to Silent Hill.

Just my $0.02...

_________________
Image


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

azrael wrote:
Well, I don't think the 'Otherworld' just came out of nowhere. Even though this isn't a well-recieved belief, I think that there is a specific, yet unnamed 'entity' that's causing all of the problems in Silent Hill.

If that isn't the case, then there wouldn't be much of a point for THE Silent Hill, as in the physical place, as the 'Otherworld' can be affected anywhere. There is something or someone tying this rift to Silent Hill.

Just my $0.02...


Now that is the answer I wanted to hear, yes I think you are right.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
The Otherworld didn't come out of nowhere. It was always there. Weird things had been happening in the town for ages, as I said, and Silent Hill used to be considered holy--over the years it became warped, twisted and sinister. That's your entity right there.

I wish some people would try and think for themselves.

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Mar 2004
Notes left: 27
Last seen at: San Jose, CA
Krist. wrote:
I wish some people would try and think for themselves.


You know, I was well aware of St. Thomas's timeline, as to the clues in the games themselves, so I know about the things that have been happening to the town.

I'm not ignorant...I was thinking for myself. I never said anything about 'when' or anything relating to the Order. Your reply doesn't explain anything anyway...neither does the game, of course. I was simply stating my opinion and thoughts on the subject in this thread.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
I'm not even talking about you. Cheers.

Well the point is, your explanation of an 'entity' isn't really touched on to help explain why, previously, before Alessa, Silent Hill was like what it was like. It's just you theorizing in place of the snippets of information the game provides. The only force I can think of that comes close is that of Xuchilpaba, but even then I don't know if that's the same thing or if it's true.

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Mar 2004
Notes left: 27
Last seen at: San Jose, CA
Krist. wrote:
I'm not even talking about you. Cheers.

Oh, I thought you were, my bad...

Krist. wrote:
Well the point is, your explanation of an 'entity' isn't really touched on to help explain why, previously, before Alessa, Silent Hill was like what it was like. It's just you theorizing in place of the snippets of information the game provides. The only force I can think of that comes close is that of Xuchilpaba, but even then I don't know if that's the same thing or if it's true.

My explanation wasn't really an explanation...it's more of a question, like the title of this thread. As for Xuchilpaba/Xuchilbara, do we even know where he came from? He/She/It is only mentioned in SH3, right?

I haven't posted in awhile, and this particular thread really interested me as I have always wanted to know the reason of Silent Hill. I would pay millions to have Team Silent make a game, write a book, anything to give us some answers...

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Well, there's been some belief--lemme find it for you, though it may take some time--that Xuchilpaba is related to the Book of Crimson Ceremony. In fact, I think the name might even be mentioned in it? I don't want to say anything for sure, so don't quote me on any of this stuff. But regardless, it shows that Xuchilpaba, or "the Red God" is an old religious figure of the area, as well as the belief that he/she/it has control over the dead.

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

azrael wrote:
Krist. wrote:
I wish some people would try and think for themselves.


You know, I was well aware of St. Thomas's timeline, as to the clues in the games themselves, so I know about the things that have been happening to the town.

I'm not ignorant...I was thinking for myself. I never said anything about 'when' or anything relating to the Order. Your reply doesn't explain anything anyway...neither does the game, of course. I was simply stating my opinion and thoughts on the subject in this thread.



Your idea is excellent, some people in this site like to act like if they know it all, silent hill is metaphorical people can intrepid it the way they want. But I do agree with you on your entity theory.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Mar 2004
Notes left: 27
Last seen at: San Jose, CA
hollywood-01 wrote:
Your idea is excellent, some people in this site like to act like if they know it all, silent hill is metaphorical people can intrepid it the way they want. But I do agree with you on your entity theory.

I'm glad that you agree. Remember something, however: there are plenty of people on this site who practically know it all, so don't disregard other people's comments. Like Krist. said, learn to think for yourself, which is what you are doing.

She also got me all excited about Xuchilbara now, off to go play some SH2/3!

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Alright, I contacted a grand poobah and this is what I found.

Xuchilpaba is mentioned in The Book Of Lost Memory, about the ceremony to resurrect the dead, how the narrator relies on "his [unwavering] faith in Xuchilpaba."

We also know that the ceremony requires The Book of Crimson Ceremony, whose opening line is "Speak, I am the Crimson One." (Crimson One = Red God?)

The BoCC also goes on about bringing back the dead and such.

Ernest from the BFAW scenario was trying to resurrect his dead daughter. You need a black, white and red plate to put on a gravestone in order to complete some part of the puzzle. He also asks you, Maria, to obtain the White Chrism for him. I presume he has access to most everything else but that--he may have the BoCC at his home, if not Lost Memory. I can't recall which it is, specifically, though I think it is BoLM.

So there you have it. Not really a stand out FACT but a nice connection that gets the brain cogs churning.

_________________
I'm not dead yet, dammit.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Mar 2004
Notes left: 27
Last seen at: San Jose, CA
Well then, I guess you're right. Xuchilpaba is the closest thing to an 'entity' in SH. Awesome!

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

RESPECT
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19441
Last seen at: #lfk
There are numerous "entities" in Silent Hill. . . .

_________________
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Mar 2004
Notes left: 27
Last seen at: San Jose, CA
The Adversary wrote:
There are numerous "entities" in Silent Hill. . . .


Are you referring to Lobsel Vith, Xuchilbara and the Incubus? I'm just trying to figure out who caused all the crap that happens in Silent Hill, the original being responsible for its craziness.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 26 Oct 2006
Notes left: 921
Last seen at: Southern WI
No one being "causes" the Otherworld in Silent Hill 2. No one has manifest control over it like in 1, 3, and to an extent, 4.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11387
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Are you referring to Lobsel Vith, Xuchilbara and the Incubus? I'm just trying to figure out who caused all the crap that happens in Silent Hill, the original being responsible for its craziness.


Try "The humans who are experiencing it."

The Otherworld is basically solipsism on meth.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
azrael wrote:
I'm just trying to figure out who caused all the crap that happens in Silent Hill, the original being responsible for its craziness.

You might want to poke around the Silent Hill General Discussion forum for that. Amphreded has a nice theory here.

azrael wrote:
The Adversary wrote:
There are numerous "entities" in Silent Hill. . . .


Are you referring to Lobsel Vith, Xuchilbara and the Incubus?

en·ti·ty - 1. something that has a real existence; thing: corporeal entities.
Harry is an entity. The handgun is an entity. Dahlia's ridiculous tie is an entity.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 02 Jul 2007
Notes left: 253
Last seen at: Palm Harbor
BloodRedLion wrote:
No one being "causes" the Otherworld in Silent Hill 2. No one has manifest control over it like in 1, 3, and to an extent, 4.


Quite true. James, Angela and Eddie have influence on it

_________________
4 pointing baby monsters, 3 numb bodies, 2 pyramid heads and a split worm? Where's my trusty blade? This one's going to be easy.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron