Pyramidhead and closet sceen getaway

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Pyramidhead and closet sceen getaway

Post by Devilsknight »

Playing Silent Hill 2 again as we speak and thought of something. Looked in the quicklink section/post but couldnt find anything about it ( from the headlines to tell ).
I remember asking this to myself a while ago, but I cant remember if I checked it out or not.

As you know, James enters a room where Pyramidhead is "having fun" with to other monsters. After a while he comes closer to James ( who now is hiding in the closet), as if he knew he was there.
James panics and picks up his gun and start to shoot towards PH who leaves the room.

But what happens if you dont pick up the gun ? Im trying to think of a thing which makes you unavailbe to get to the closet sceen without taking the gun, but I cant figure anything out.
And in that case, how does James get PH to leave him ?

Sorry if this has been brought up eariler.
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

you should try playing the game without picking up the handgun :P
Power and chaos!
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

No worries about things like that, Im just playing it throught since it was a long time ago last time =)

If I wanted action I would complete SH2 with that bug spray <3
When I grow up I want to be Mockingbird.
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

sounds great, i should try it too sometime ;) <3
Power and chaos!
XXXIII
Just Passing Through

Post by XXXIII »

I thought of this some time age and tried it, well you can’t get up there with out going pass the hole behind the clock, to open the clock you need the key from the hole in the wall in the apt with the butterfly’s. To get in there you need the key that appears after the body appears in front of the TV and that dose not happen until you find the gun.
Last edited by XXXIII on 20 Jul 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Such a nice little town…
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

i haven't played for a while so i don't really remember, but do you have to take the gun or can you just look at it without taking it?
Power and chaos!
XXXIII
Just Passing Through

Post by XXXIII »

you have to take it with you.
Such a nice little town…
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

XXXIII wrote:I thought of this some time age and tried it, well you can’t get up there with out going pass the hole behind the clock, to open the clock you need the key from the hole in the wall in the apt with the butterfly’s. To get in there you need the key that appears after the body appears in front of the TV and that dose not happen until you find the gun.
Ah, thought something like that would be it =)
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: Pyramidhead and closet sceen getaway

Post by phantomess »

So, the gun has to be taken. But-
Devilsknight wrote: And in that case, how does James get PH to leave him ?
I don't think that shooting the gun is actually what made Pyramid Head go away. Just thinking back from memory, I think that James shot the gun a few or several times, and then Pyramid Head kept standing there, while James looked at him. A minute later, Pyramid Head left.

Pyramid Head wasn't hurt or scared away; I'm guessing that him leaving wasn't because of the shots at all.
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

phantomess wrote:So, the gun has to be taken. But-
I don't think that shooting the gun is actually what made Pyramid Head go away. Just thinking back from memory, I think that James shot the gun a few or several times, and then Pyramid Head kept standing there, while James looked at him. A minute later, Pyramid Head left.

Pyramid Head wasn't hurt or scared away; I'm guessing that him leaving wasn't because of the shots at all.
Ofc not, Pyramidhead has total controll over the whole thing at all time, I just thought of some other action that James would use to try to "scare away" PH.
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

some other action?
what you mean, like.. pretend he was a scarier monster in the closet?
personally i wouldnt have fired the gun unless ph opened the door. id sit in my own urine until that time occured.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.
Devilsknight
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Devilsknight »

Spudrush wrote:some other action?
what you mean, like.. pretend he was a scarier monster in the closet?
personally i wouldnt have fired the gun unless ph opened the door. id sit in my own urine until that time occured.
I didnt mean like that. My question was if you could get there without a gun ( which you cant ) and if that case what would the "sceen" be about. Would you see James poking the woodenplank towards Pyramidhead or what ^^ , since he is trying to defend himself.
But since you cant get there without a gun, its no idea talking about what that other action would be ( even tho James screaming " Im not home " from the closet would kickass" =))
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

uh... it could be anything. but since it's impossible to do, it's not really worth speculating about...

if pyramid head attacked james right there most of the players would be dead instantly. that's the real logic. the game wants you to see pyramid head and anticipate a real battle with him sometime.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

Actually at this time pyramid head has no weapons he probly couldnt hurt you and besides this is the only time pyramid actually shows any pain from the bullets you put in him. maybe it has something to do with when he opens his mask and makes that breathing noise
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

do you think pyramid head can't just grab james and choke him to death? he does that in the first fight if you get close.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

not considering that the bulets actaully hurt him in this cutscene if he had gotten the closet open hed still be getting filled with led. watch the cutscene he actually gets hurt and bends over.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pyramid Head isn't there to kill James, just to make him face his guilt and accept what he did to Mary.
Anyway, if he really wanted to he could probably tear james to bits with his bare hands, or lick him to death with that weird tongue of his. :shock:
Watchdog

Post by Watchdog »

Devilsknight wrote:I didnt mean like that. My question was if you could get there without a gun ( which you cant ) and if that case what would the "sceen" be about. Would you see James poking the woodenplank towards Pyramidhead or what ^^ , since he is trying to defend himself.
But since you cant get there without a gun, its no idea talking about what that other action would be ( even tho James screaming " Im not home " from the closet would kickass" =))
If there was some way to get to this part without the handgun in your possession, well... the scene probably just plays as normal. Sorry for being boring.
Shades14236
Just Passing Through

Post by Shades14236 »

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this topic. I mean really, now. If they knew there was no way in hell that people could get out without the handgun, why would they make a seperate cutscene?
Can you feel the sunshine, does it brighten up your day?
Don't you feel that sometimes, you just need to run away?
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

phantomess wrote:So, the gun has to be taken. But-

I think that the trick to getting rid of Pyramid Head is proving that you're not suicidal. PH approached James, James opens fire, PH leaves. PH attacks James with the Great Knife, James avoids the attacks (and usually returns fire), PH leaves.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Two PHs attack James, James fights back, they kill themselves.
I think it's correct that James's attacks don't really damage PH, but they DO persuade him to spare James. In the case of the In Water ending, either they give up because he's not QUITE ready to die yet and has to deal with Maria first, or because the only way James is willing to die is by his own hand.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the first boss battle against PH end more quickly if you attack him instead of simply dodging his attacks? I've heard that the battle is five minutes long on Hard, but I've always been able to send him away MUCH more quickly by shooting him.

Please mark your spoilers.
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!