Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 08 Dec 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Oct 2006
Notes left: 921
Last seen at: Southern WI
You know, I actually googled it after you wrote that. You can laugh at me for that too. ^_^

Don't mind if I do.

But really, apparently the concept of sarcasm is lost on some.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jul 2005
Notes left: 1421
Last seen at: room 302
indeed. i had to go back through the thread to figure out what you meant. ^_^

Quote:
At any rate, it seems that there's a divide of people who thinks it is explainable (and I really like the comorbidity theory a lot, it helps to understand what her reality must have been like), and those who think it shouldn't be.

yeah, the comorbidity angle seems good, though i'm thinking she's comorbid with nonexistent diseases.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Apr 2007
Notes left: 565
Last seen at: silent hill funeral home
how about this theory?
what if she wasnt really sick, just depressed, and james just saw her as sick?
he could of killed her because he wasnt happy, or she was giving himany you know what, is this out of the question?
i dont rember any evidents saying that she was disease sick, only james felt that way

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 490
.... Did you not hear the weakness in Mary's voice? Didn't you hear her coughing?

In the ending cutscenes, you could see her face, too. It was ravaged. Barely recognizable from the pretty young woman in the video James made.

She was sick.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

to james she could of sounded sick, her face looks like that, yeah it does.
remember when maria was skewered, but a second later it never happened it just looked like it, anyway unless james is truewly crazy, no one would record and keep some tape of that. the first part sure, unless the town distorted that part to make him see his murder sure...
did laura mention her coughing, commenting on her discolored skin??

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
You don't seriously think James recorded the murder of his wife, do you? That wasn't actually on the tape. It symbolized the true memory of Mary's illness breaking through the delusion he constructed.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

no i dont seriously think that, i wanted to open that possability.
how do you know she was truelly disease sick? not just depressed severly suicidal?
i think she was this, and james killed her brecause he could of thought she hated herself, and wanted to be relieved of her suffering, james saw this, and did this bidding.. he later regretted it when he figured it out.
his mind prposedly blocke dit out like some kind of defense thing.
i dont think she was disease sick.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>i dont rember any evidents saying that she was disease sick
How about that whole conversation James has with the doctor? in which he tells James she has less than three years to live.

>not just depressed severly suicidal?
Because of her face.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Oct 2006
Notes left: 921
Last seen at: Southern WI
how do you know she was truelly disease sick? not just depressed severly suicidal?
i think she was this, and james killed her brecause he could of thought she hated herself, and wanted to be relieved of her suffering, james saw this, and did this bidding.. he later regretted it when he figured it out.

We know that she was "disease sick" because it's mentioned time and time again during the game, and because the entire basis of the story is Mary's illness, and how it decimated their relationship, how it drove James to kill her in the end.

Depending on what ending you get, its insinuated that James killed her to end her suffering, but even then that could very well just be a cop-out on his part, said to make himself feel better. The likelier situation is that he killed her out of sheer anger and frustration.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Sep 2003
Notes left: 199
Last seen at: Wisconsin
Or both at the same time.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Quote:
How about that whole conversation James has with the doctor? in which he tells James she has less than three years to live.

oh yeah i forgot about that. then james could of miss interepreted that, just like when he thought she died 3 years ago.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jan 2007
Notes left: 66
Somehow I doubt James misinterprets much other than the "pillow talk" incident. If you assume James is hallucinating or disbelieving everything, you may as well believe neither Mary nor Silent Hill ever existed. In cases of severe refusal to accept reality, a person is most likely to reject the simplest and smallest causes of their anxiety.

In James's case, he discharges the idea of what he did to Mary. We can assume the rest to be true, as it is consistant across all endings and with the story as a whole.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Sep 2006
Notes left: 188
Last seen at: Samos isle, Greece
I don't really think tha Mary's disease is one that can be found among real ones. Even if it does,Team Silent doesn't really care about explaining it to us. And I don't really care anyway. Mary's disease is not something to really *think* about, it's just a way to make the story move on :)

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
toadstool wrote:
Quote:

oh yeah i forgot about that. then james could of miss interepreted that, just like when he thought she died 3 years ago.

You don't misinterpret a doctor saying that your wife's going to kick the bucket and they have no idea what's wrong with her.

The doctor didn't tell James when Mary died. He made that up...

Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2006
Notes left: 1924
Last seen at: Katz Street
the docter lied to james about how long mary had to live?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Jun 2006
Notes left: 279
Last seen at: Under One Of Andrew DeSalvo's Man Titties
No, James made up the part about the doctor telling him that Mary had died.

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
What? The doctor never told James that Mary had died, just that she wouldn't live for more than three years.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Jun 2006
Notes left: 279
Last seen at: Under One Of Andrew DeSalvo's Man Titties
I thought that James, according to the little scenario he made up, had thought Mary died at the Hospital.

Now that I think of it, he never really said how he found out that Mary had died, did he?

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 490
>_<;

Look, go here: http://shm.silenthillfever.com/sh2.htm

Go to VOICE, and then look for #55.

It play out:

[spoiler]James: "-going to die? You- you must be joking!"
Doctor: "I'm very sorry."
James: "But you're a doctor! It's your job to heal people! How can you just let her die?!"
Doctor: "Please, calm down. As her doctor, I'll promise I'll do what I can. But... there's still no effective treatment for her condition."
James: "... how... long does she have?"
Doctor: "I'm afraid I'm not sure. Three years at most... perhaps six months. It's impossible to say with certainty."

Note the use of the present tense? Note the fact they don't say anything to the effect of her actually being dead? They actually say she is still alive, but for how long is uncertain.[/spoiler]

Last edited by Sionnan on 13 May 2007, edited 1 time in total.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Aug 2006
Notes left: 146
Last seen at: Phillipines,Davao City
Sionnan,isn't that conversation a spoiler?Oh,and I think James killed her because he already knew she would die,so it was pretty useless just watching her die.So James decided for her to die more quickly instead of watching her dying and suffering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next