Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 07 Dec 2019

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Pyramid Head in Blue Creek [SPOILERS]

Missing since: 21 Dec 2006
Notes left: 879
Last seen at: Edinburgh, UK
When you "Fight" pyramid head in the stairs at Blue Creek Apartments, I know you don't have to use any bullets.
Is this the same for hard mode. Can you just keep running backwards and forwards?

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Feb 2007
Notes left: 67
Last seen at: England
I think I read that you have to shoot him a few times, plus he's faster as well.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
you don't have to shoot him at all. that does nothing but waste ammo. on hard mode, he spends about 5 minutes trying to kill you as opposed to... the 2 minutes or so on normal.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Shooting him also slows his movement down. Doubt you guys realized that so... it's not really a waste.

Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Jun 2005
Notes left: 1868
Last seen at: Finland
Krist. wrote:
it's not really a waste.

Neither is it necessary. I had a hard time knocking down a few nurses on normal already (James' aim was very poor I suppose :P), so I think saving ammo on hard would be recommended.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
That's what the bullet adjuster is for.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Dec 2005
Notes left: 454
Last seen at: NYC
I wasn't aware you didn't actually have to shoot him to trigger the sounding of the sirens and the end of the battle. Is it safe to say that all that you need to do is stay alive for X minutes? [spoiler]This reminds me of the fight with Incubator/Incubus at the end of SH1; you don't actually have to shoot them to win, you just need to stay alive for a certain amount of time. That or run out of bullets, whichever comes first.[/spoiler]

Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
yep. stay in the corners, run when he gets close, etc. his speed is only slightly increased, so bullets are unneeded. i recommend they be saved for later encounters. but, everyone has their own strategy.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Jul 2006
Notes left: 17
I would use bullets. why would you want to run around for five minutes while he's swinging that huge knife around? I always end the battle the faster way. besides if you got the 5 boxes of handgun bullets out of the safe you should have enough to use 30 or 40 bullets and still have some left over. or at least enough to slow him down while you wait for the fight to end.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1677
Last seen at: UK
Knick Knack wrote:
I[spoiler]This reminds me of the fight with Incubator/Incubus at the end of SH1; you don't actually have to shoot them to win, you just need to stay alive for a certain amount of time. That or run out of bullets, whichever comes first.[/spoiler]

Really? I didn't realise that... Damn, now I'm going to have to replay it. :P

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>you don't actually have to shoot them to win, you just need to stay alive
False. If you have ammunition, you have to kill it. If you have the Hyperblaster, you have to kill it. The only way it will die on its own is if you're entirely out of bullets and do not have the Hyperblaster.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1677
Last seen at: UK
^Ohhh.. I actually remember hearing about that a couple of years ago. I never did get around to trying it, though.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Jul 2007
Notes left: 35
Last seen at: Mariehamn
I don't really know how it's on hard and normal because me and my friend have only been playing easy x) We are going to get all the endings on easy first before we go on to normal ;D If that ever happends

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 May 2007
Notes left: 959
Last seen at: a dead cloverfeild...
Quote:
don't really know how it's on hard and normal because me and my friend have only been playing easy x) We are going to get all the endings on easy first before we go on to normal ;D If that ever happends

you should try normal. its not really that hard. now hard thats a bitch. [I played it on hard and forgot to get the shotgun when I got to the flesh lips in the hospital. I ran out of pistol bullets and had to defeat the last two with the wooden plank its one of the hardest amd stressful things Ive ever done in a video game]

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Nov 2006
Notes left: 1076
Last seen at: indiana, u.s. of a
l'd never have thought that about sh1. l member the first time beating it l was almost outta bullets, but then it died. about pyramid head, l always shoot the fuck. l figure, "he's trying to hurt me, l'll try the same." one time l tried to go through the w/out saving, got to that, ran too late, *above head slice* ARGH! ha ha.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Oct 2007
Notes left: 93
Last seen at: Silent Hill
I just use the chainsaw and run back when he's getting ready to attack and I always play on hard. He's pretty slow anyway! 8) 8)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Sep 2007
Notes left: 131
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
Shooting him does slow him down, but he's too over-encumbered from the weight of the Great Knife for you to need to. His movement is slowed by dragging it, and I don't see who could actually get hit by that swing.

The only difference is the length of the fight. I think hard action mode is around eight minutes.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Jul 2007
Notes left: 19
Yeah, the hard action mode fight is significantly longer. I've been playing through on easy, normal and hard in succession, and so the time difference was quite noticeable. Does anyone know the actual length difference? Five minutes rather than two minutes? Eight minutes? All I know is, I thought he was never going to leave.

Also, the size of the room decreases as the action difficulty level increases, so Pyramid Head's attacks are harder to sidestep. I try to avoid using bullets during the fight. Actually, once he starts doing those overhead-swings, getting hit is pretty easy to avoid. The trick is to keep that music from making my heart pump.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Sep 2007
Notes left: 131
Last seen at: Ontario, Canada
After more reading I think hard mode is five minutes, medium is around two or three.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Sep 2006
Notes left: 480
Last seen at: Heather's Apartment
I use bullets anyway, 'cos in the end I always have spare bullets, about 600 of them. They way give you too many bullets for SH2, whereas the others they don't. So I just tried using them up on random encounters which are useless. =]