Motorhome

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Motorhome

Post by Conjurer »

Does anyone think that this might have any significance? I figured it would because there's a note leading James to a bar with a helpful, scribbled up map and a message explaining about a 'hole'.
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

What exactly are you referring to?
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

I doubt it, I think they just wanted a place to hide the note and the hyperspray.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

To me it was just a safe-haven, sort of a nice place to step away from the chaotic town streets while also discovering a clue/guidance. But more importantly, I think it was to make you actually explore a little in order to find guidance on where to proceed to; I remember on my first playthrough, I didn't pay a second thought to that motorhome there on the side of the street, and ran around the town a bit before I went back there and finally went inside. That was strange, since I usually check everything out rather than run right past, but I think I was a bit nervous and didn't want to dawdle.

So from that perspective, putting that note for you to find inside the motor-home was almost like a mini-challenge, just something that Silent Hill games do, making things a tad more interesting, giving you a little more to explore, and making you do a little more, not just tossing things along the middle of the street for you to find.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Personally, I think that the concept of mundane objects in Silent Hill 2 that have hidden metaphorical substance of any real kind is a well that's pretty much run dry after six years.
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

to me, its just like the other aboandoned cars and trucks, ecept you can only enter the RV.
i didnt read to much into it
HARK, do you not hear the voices,
they are only audible if you listen first
sam_silent_hill_freak
Just Passing Through

Post by sam_silent_hill_freak »

no, i dont think theres any significane. :)
Å ñëw evïl ï§ bréwíñg
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

It has no real significance, its only a place that leads you onwards in the game like the basketball field in SH1.
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

I never thought about the RV having any significance. A safe haven, if only for a second, but nothing else.
Darth Tacos
Just Passing Through

Post by Darth Tacos »

Where in the Motorhome is the Hyperspray supposed to be? I beat the game, and on my second time around, I went in the home but there was no Hyperspray to be found.

I personally don't think there is any real significance to the Motorhome, but if anyone has any evidence as to wether it might have a certain significance...
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Silent-spc-Hill,black,white.png[/img][/url]
[i]You know, I don't have an excuse for this one. The lock isn't broken, I just [b]really[/b] don't want to go in there.[/i]
Cyzyk
Just Passing Through

Post by Cyzyk »

If memory serves, there isn't any blood in it, is there?
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

Darth Tacos wrote:Where in the Motorhome is the Hyperspray supposed to be? I beat the game, and on my second time around, I went in the home but there was no Hyperspray to be found.
You didn't do too well (get high rank) on the first round or you can only get it after Rebirth/UFO ending, I can't remember which.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You have to have received the Rebirth ending, or all three normal endings (Maria, Water, and Leave).
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Darth Tacos
Just Passing Through

Post by Darth Tacos »

Oh, no wonder. I had only beaten it once; it was my second time around.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Silent-spc-Hill,black,white.png[/img][/url]
[i]You know, I don't have an excuse for this one. The lock isn't broken, I just [b]really[/b] don't want to go in there.[/i]
Salem
Just Passing Through

Post by Salem »

No more than the school bus in SH1. In other words, I don't attatch any significance to it.
"Salem, you are wrong. You are wrong because you are seeing it from a different point of view."- Someone on another forum.

But yeah... that pretty much sums me up.
kingkyde
Just Passing Through

Post by kingkyde »

I thin kthere is no signifigance in it,just a old RV where a person/s lived in.
[img]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l21/kymondking/c2g2.jpg[/img]
toadstool
Gravedigger

Post by toadstool »

yeah, i agree. thats like saying, well what does the white van mean? whys it there?
therre isnt anything suspicious about it to me
HARK, do you not hear the voices,
they are only audible if you listen first
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

I'd say the motor home has some significance since it leads you into a bar that leaves puzzling and denouncing messages to James. Like, maybe the motor home belonged to the writer of those messages or to the person who scribbled that map?
Koudelka
Just Passing Through

Post by Koudelka »

I really doubt it.

I think it's no coincidence that the motorhome is in an area of a blocked road. (If I remember correctly) No different than finding corpses by another blocked road, or diary entries by another etc. It's to let you know that you cannot go that way but here is a clue to the alternative path.

Besides, I think St. Thomas suggested that the writer of the messages is Ernest and I highly doubt he lived in a motorhome.
"[i]Hello Knife...[/i]"
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

I highly doubt it, too-- since Maria spends an hour exploring his mansion and all.