Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 02 Dec 2020

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Oct 2006
Notes left: 29
Last seen at: Liverpool
Looks like it's inspired by William Morris wallpaper http://www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/subjects/ ... s/bird.jpg

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Nov 2005
Notes left: 1748
Last seen at: Southeast of Greenwich...somewhere sandy.
That is what I love about this place. Most seem to suffer from excessive, compulsive apophenia.

It is rather fun to see the directions these topics go. There may be facts galore, however each individual in whom plays SH2 will have a different feeling, take, sense, and overall opinion of the experience. The act of indivual perception.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Mar 2007
Notes left: 490
Point taken. Sorry about that.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Apr 2006
Notes left: 539
Last seen at: Somewhere in Nowhere
Cold_Ethyl wrote:
Looks like it's inspired by William Morris wallpaper http://www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/subjects/ ... s/bird.jpg

Yeah other than the color they look really alike. Never heard of William Morris wallpapers before, are they famous enough to have been "found by" Team Silent and caused them to use it in the game?

Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 12266
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
Sionnan wrote:
Is this kind of your way of telling me I'm a complete moron, Drewfus?

No, I'm saying that there's many different ways to view anything visual.

and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Oct 2006
Notes left: 29
Last seen at: Liverpool
Whoomp wrote:
Cold_Ethyl wrote:

Yeah other than the color they look really alike. Never heard of William Morris wallpapers before, are they famous enough to have been "found by" Team Silent and caused them to use it in the game?

Was quite popular in Edwardian England (20-30's) to have William Morris as your wall paper pattern. May be a nod towards traditional values

Post subject:

Just wanted to extended a warm hearted welcome to what appears to be a rather insightful person, bringing a fresh perspective to the SH universe. Great find and great association!

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Cold Ethyl- nice attachment there, I'd never seen any of those before, and they do look very much alike the ones in the flashlight room.

Empty_Eyes: thanks very much, if you happen to be talking to me. Heh.

Post subject:

Both You and Cold Ethyl now that I think about it... I must extended appologies to you Sionnan forgetting that you even started this interesting topic... :oops:

Much kudos.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

No, no, not at all. XD It's fine, I just misunderstood. I agree with you.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Apr 2008
Notes left: 187
Last seen at: New York
Nice Find! Also it does seem to match the dress. It is the little things that make the game more interesting.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 31 Mar 2008
Notes left: 300
Last seen at: ...rowing out to Toluca Island.
Cold_Ethyl wrote:
Whoomp wrote:
Cold_Ethyl wrote:

Was quite popular in Edwardian England (20-30's) to have William Morris as your wall paper pattern. May be a nod towards traditional values

Very interesting. Thank you for the link!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Apr 2008
Notes left: 36
*lol* drewfus, very true. i guess making that connection with Mod enforces mary's chaste and pure nature (in opposition of maria's wild personality). i am now imagining a crazy parody featuring Ned Flanders in search of his dead wife in Silent Hill. instead he finds Brandine (Cletus's wife) as a yokel-type Maria. Oh, and Comic-Book Guy would represent Eddie and both Patty and Selma would be Angela. Oh, and Burns and Smithers as Pyramid Head. i'm going to stop now before i actually take this seriously. :shock:

i have never ever ever noticed the wallpaper in the apartment buildings. good eye, sionnan! i definitely think the lovebirds are symbolic of mary and james, at least from an optimistic and nostalgic perpective. the wallpaper surrounds a seemingly untouched version of mary's wardrobe and the infamous flashlight, a very important item in the game. i think maybe this represents some sort of influence mary's spirit has on encouraging james to learn the truth. hell, if my husband smothered me and then forgot everything, i'd be keen to remind him.

EDIT: Whoever lived in this apartment had poor design taste. :P

My voice drowns deep underground

http://inmonochromedream.blogspot.com

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Oct 2007
Notes left: 409
Last seen at: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:
hell, if my husband smothered me and then forgot everything, i'd be keen to remind him.

Hah. Yea, I would probably do more than remind him.

About your Simpsons parody, Noirness.....

Comic book guy is perfect for eddie. xDDDDDDDD

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jan 2008
Notes left: 1299
If I was terminally ill and about to die in agony, and my significant other spared me that, I'd want to thank them.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Apr 2008
Notes left: 36
but mary expressed that she didn't want to die at some point, didn't she? i'd still be pissed if my husband offed me without my asking him to do so :P

My voice drowns deep underground

http://inmonochromedream.blogspot.com

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Mary both said that she wanted to die, and that she didn't. Her agony was in constant conflict with her inherent fear of death. Perhaps James should have just stood back and allowed her to die a horrific death. Perhaps it would have been the morally correct thing to do. But I understand why James did what he did. and so, I think, did Mary.

Post subject:

To me letting someone die an absolute horrible death is not the Moral thing to do. Whether or not it's the lawful thing to do is a different story. I think it was more of selfish thing in James case, but not entirely. He did love Mary, and thus to some degree didn't want her to suffer anymore and besides she was to weak to take care of buisness her self whether mental or physical.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Before this conversation explores any further, just so you guys know there's a thread that discuss James' deed, whether it was right or not/whether Mary wanted to die or not. Not trying to be rude or anything, just didn't want this to steer off course any further than it has. :)

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Got an address for that thread? I'd be interested in adding my two cents there.

On the subject, all of the decoration in SH2 sucks. It's sort of a "post-apocalypse modern" feel.