Laura's fate post-game

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

There are things I don't know, Aura, I just have to use the evidence at hand. There's no evidence that being in Silent Hill renders a person impervious to the everyday bodily needs: oxygen, water, food, warmth, and rest. And given that a person remains vulnerable to harm and bound by everyday laws like physics and gravity, it seems illogical that they would defy reality in one area but conform to it in another.
I wasn't trying to state that. The idea I'm trying to present is that, since it's a world created by the person's mind, then all laws in that world have to come from the same source, instead of an overriding reality that doesn't care what you think. We already know that the mind can control the Otherworld, so what's the line? What if there isn't one, except for what someone draws for themselves? Essentially, time, space, physics, gravity, etc. only exist because the human mind is familiar with, believes in, and pretty much requires those concepts for itself. But if the person was insane enough to not believe in or need the concepts, are they still imposed on the person?

What if Laura, having no frame of reference, simply lost track of time and doesn't realize how long she's actually been in the Otherworld looking for Mary after a non-Leave Ending? She might never realize that a day has ended without a cue from a clock, date, or sky pattern, so she assumes it's simply been "some hours", thus essentially stopping, or atleast slowing, time, and thus hunger, fatique, aging, etc. for her.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
d33p_thr04t
Just Passing Through

Post by d33p_thr04t »

actually they can't change what's in their heads so even if you say i defy phisics your subconscious doesn't think so ...

and about laura , in sh2 there is no reference of time so we can't really tell if she's traped or anything but we know that she didn't leave or at least not with james
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I already added that scenario to my list of possibilities, Aura, just as I added other ones that I don't happen to believe in personally. But just because something COULD happen doesn't mean I personally accept it.

I believe that Eddie was indeed killed in the underground battle with James. However, I refuse to say that it is dead-certain, because of the evidence to the contrary (stated elsewhere).

I believe that Angela died in Silent Hill, a victim of her own guilt. But we never see her die, nor does James find her charred corpse, so she might have survived.

Yes, I suppose it's possible that JThomp is right, and Mary was unable to, or chose not to, appear to Laura. But I personally believe that she did.

It is quite possible that you are right, and James does indeed take Laura with him when he leaves Silent Hill, and raises her as his daughter in whatever place he resurfaces. I happily admit this. However, I believe that he did not do so. Again, my reasons have already been stated.

And finally, I believe that since the "Leave" ending is the one most associated with Laura, it is a reasonable assumption that she always gets it. It's a very creepy thought that she wanders around the town for centuries, like a ghost in a haunted house, but I don't think it happened.

As for which ending I think happened: the way I play the game, I typically get "Leave". Therefore, for me, I believe that ending to be the correct one. For another player, one who makes different decisions, "In Water" or "Maria" might make equal sense.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

actually they can't change what's in their heads so even if you say i defy phisics your subconscious doesn't think so ...
A person is very capable of changing what's in their heads.
and about laura , in sh2 there is no reference of time so we can't really tell if she's traped or anything but we know that she didn't leave or at least not with james
She probably DID leave, if she met Mary.
And finally, I believe that since the "Leave" ending is the one most associated with Laura, it is a reasonable assumption that she always gets it. It's a very creepy thought that she wanders around the town for centuries, like a ghost in a haunted house, but I don't think it happened.
Agreed. I just think it's a neat idea forwhat would happen if she didn't meet Mary and leave.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
d33p_thr04t
Just Passing Through

Post by d33p_thr04t »

_ i don't think you can change the fact that you fear somthing that easilly

_ what do you mean left with mary , mary is dead

:?
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

He said "meet Mary and leave". In the "Leave" ending, James has a final meeting with Mary, then leaves Silent Hill (without her). Laura could have had a similar encounter.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

_ i don't think you can change the fact that you fear somthing that easilly
I didn't say "change EASILY." I just said "Change."