Pyramid Head Chase Glitch

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Pyramid Head Chase Glitch

Post by MistahJ »

I was helping my friend on hard mode when we reached the part where
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Pyramid Head starts chasing you and Maria.
She kept on dying, so I told my friend to turn off her flashlight and radio and unequip her gun. I thought it would help at least make her run faster. For some reason though, Maria disappeared from the whole chase sequence and it was just James being chased by Pyramid Head. She shows up in the last cutscene though, so obviously this glitch helped my friend out immensely. Has anybody else had this glitch?

I apologize if this has been brought up before.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
Ash1ey
Just Passing Through

Post by Ash1ey »

I never had this glitch, but my friend had a glitch at that part, too. Though it was different from what you experienced.

He was playing on hard mode for the first time and couldn't figure out how to get passed it. So improvising... for some reason he used the chain saw to push pyramid head back a little, while slowly running ahead, turning around... chainsaw... rinse repeat. By the time the got to the elevator, PH was right in front of the elevator with them, and the cutscene would not trigger.

(Keep in mind this was about 9 years ago, so the details of my memory are a bit faint, but that is how it went, as far as I can recall.)
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

No reason to ever turn off the radio. EVER. Unless you like the more "Oh shit that popped out of nowhere!!" scares.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

By the time the got to the elevator, PH was right in front of the elevator with them
Doubtful.
Ash1ey
Just Passing Through

Post by Ash1ey »

Believe whatever you want.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I find this entire scenario extremely unlikely. Videos or it didn't happen.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

AuraTwilight wrote:I find this entire scenario extremely unlikely. Videos or it didn't happen.
Just the fact that you think I'm LYING and would post something like this for fun, I find very offensive and rude. I'm a Silent Hill fan, not a compulsive liar. You might as well disregard all my other posts as lies then. Glitches are glitches, no matter how obscene or outlandish. It HAPPENED, unless you're suggesting I hallucinated the whole event.

And, I will post a video, as soon as I get a dazzle and get the glitch to happen again.

Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

I can see that happening. Similar things have happened to me in other games, so it's just as likely to happen in SH2.

I do love it when glitches help me through difficult parts of games. :)
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

Catch22 wrote:I can see that happening. Similar things have happened to me in other games, so it's just as likely to happen in SH2.

I do love it when glitches help me through difficult parts of games. :)
Well, thank god someone believes me :roll: .

I love it when that happens too :D .

Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

I had a glitch in SH2 as well, Neely's Bar wouldn't open for me during the day. Since it was early in I restarted the game. I've never encountered a glitch in the hospital chase, though, even on Hard mode.

Was it with a used disc? The copy that screwed up for me was a used disc from the version of SH2 that comes with the Making Of DVD. My Greatest Hits copy has never glitched and it was new.
LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

I didn't know Maria had a gun or a flashlight. Man my version is so outdated lol. (I know she has them in born from a wish.) Lucky you that glitch happened... I had to do it the hard way and run my ass off trying to get to the elevator in time. I was like "HURRY UP MARIA YOU SLOW %@#&*"" Don't worry I believe you about the glitch. Unless proven otherwise I trust everyones word.
*Insert Legendary signature here*
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

MistahJ wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:I find this entire scenario extremely unlikely. Videos or it didn't happen.
Just the fact that you think I'm LYING and would post something like this for fun, I find very offensive and rude. I'm a Silent Hill fan, not a compulsive liar. You might as well disregard all my other posts as lies then. Glitches are glitches, no matter how obscene or outlandish. It HAPPENED, unless you're suggesting I hallucinated the whole event.

And, I will post a video, as soon as I get a dazzle and get the glitch to happen again.
I mentioned something about people on this forum needing tampons in another thread...

Calm down, Jesus fucking christ. "pics or it didn't happen" is a pretty reasonable response. Even if I accept you as being entirely honest, people do get details in their accounts wrong, hindering people's attempts to help. Don't be so defensive and uppity because it makes you look like you've got something to hide.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

'Pics or it didn't happen' is practically a meme. It's not supposed to be insulting.

People posting here sometimes take things personally. That's why this was posted, and it's a good idea for everyone to read it and take the advice given: http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20302

Besides, it doesn't really matter if people believe it or not if you know it happend. When the glitch with Neely's Bar happened to me and I posted on a different forum, a lot of people told me I was just using the wrong door and the glitch was in my head.

If you encounter bugs in the future, the help section of the forum might get you more answers. What version of the game are you playing, by the way? The PS2 version rarely seems to have glitches, but the PC version is prone to them.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Glitches aren't usually disc specific. They're version specific, and Hardware (firmware) specific.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

Goodnight wrote:I had a glitch in SH2 as well, Neely's Bar wouldn't open for me during the day. Since it was early in I restarted the game. I've never encountered a glitch in the hospital chase, though, even on Hard mode.

Was it with a used disc? The copy that screwed up for me was a used disc from the version of SH2 that comes with the Making Of DVD. My Greatest Hits copy has never glitched and it was new.
Yep. It was used and the original.

EDIT: @ LSSJGamer: When I said she, I was referring to my friend, lol.
@ AuraTwilight: And I apologize. I was having a bad day and you probably know what it's like when someone doesn't believe you and you're not in such a good mood. Unless, you're god or something O.O

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Has anybody else encountered a glitch involving Pyramid Head in general?

Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

As far as PH-related glitches, I've only ever heard of people confusing the Great Knife bouncing technique in Hard mode during the double Pyramid Head battle for a glitch. I've never heard of any actual glitches.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There isn't really a glitch when deflecting the knife against the wall, it just counts for two strikes.

Unless something has actually happened to adversely affect gameplay that I'm not aware of. Nothing but a double-hit happens for me.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

That's really cool, MistahJ, I haven't encountered any, but it would be kinda amusing (or frightening) if it did. I love PH, though!

@Catch22: I love your avatar. Daft Punk ftw. :3
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Asterion
Just Passing Through

Post by Asterion »

I never experienced this PH bug with either xbox or ps2 versions of the game, but there are so many different versions.

What's the great knife - double-hit/bounce glitch?
Bowl Cat XL
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld boiler room, slipping through those frustrating bars

Post by Bowl Cat XL »

MistahJ wrote:I'm a Silent Hill fan, not a compulsive liar.
Yeah, but you could be both a fan of Silent Hill and a compulsive liar. I'm not implying that you are; the glitch you described may or may not have happened, and whether or not it did doesn't matter.
Mechanical tender love
Plug in socket wonder drug
Electric action animal grind
Thudthudthud clocks the time