Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 22 Sep 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: A Metaphysical Illness
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 39
The whole of us have been making conclusions of the otherworld that james receive even ideas and conclusions of the cause of this town....but there's a memo on a desk on the hospital that describe an illness, and it says
''The potencial of this illness is on all people on the right circunstances, any man or woman can be driven like him to the other side.
The other side perhaps may not be the best way to phrase it.
after all there is not wall between here and there. I lies on the
borders where reality and unreality intersect. It is where both close
and distant.
Some say that enven it's not an illness.
I cannot agree with them I'm a doctor not a phylospher or
a psychiastrist.
But sometimes I ask my self this question. It's true that
to us the imaginings are no mare than inventions of a busy mind.
But to hi, there
is no other reality.
Furthermore he is happy there.
So why in the name of healing him must we drag
him painfully into the world of our own reality?
This is a description that has strong meaning, we know that everything on this town has meaning
sometimes deeper than others, also all memos we found have relationship with james life and for me this memo brought the concept of what james have been experience.The whole town, the places that we go...all of them have a meaning for james, sometimes a reflection of what he is, so all places we get are an interpretation of what james feel, like this memo says it's another world, is just a creation of what james is, there is no journey to Silent hill, is just on james' mind where the game begins not on a physical or real place where we are called, also we must remember the apartments, there almost a wish for get there. The door that is nearby the motorhome is closed, but where we found the key? on another place that we could get by another road, the hospital, the path that I say is near of the bowling it's whith bonds. And we must remember at the begining the bonds that close the road, and james is 'forced to follow the path of the lying figure and after that is the road is open , the road to get the key to the apartment or the path for the church it doesn' look closed, james says that he must find another way like I said james wants to show his person on this apartment. All of this shows that is just the way where james' mind builds another reality like it's comment by the doctor of this memo. How could be possible that ernest knows james existence, and even james person, it's just the fact that james make this reality, so we must be conscious of that the whole game is on james mind, on another fictious place; not a real or physical place.


Last edited by adjasin on 05 Aug 2009, edited 4 times in total.

Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
I can't understand what this person is trying to say. Is he just saying that James hallucinated everything, or what?

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Apr 2009
Notes left: 183
Last seen at: In the BUGHOUSE.
That's the impression I got. It had something to do with the gigantic tarp-covered walls that appear everywhere.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Jun 2009
Notes left: 159
Last seen at: vancouver, B.C.
Umm, okay, awesome....


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 39
Quote:
I can't understand what this person is trying to say. Is he just saying that James hallucinated everything, or what?


you're right, I wrote some mess on some parts, thanks for get me notice :mrgreen: , I have fixed it


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Jun 2009
Notes left: 159
Last seen at: vancouver, B.C.
what you wrote sounds great, almost like poetry, but i was also wondering what you were trying to send out - so thanks


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
adjasin wrote:
Quote:
I can't understand what this person is trying to say. Is he just saying that James hallucinated everything, or what?


you're right, I wrote some mess on some parts, thanks for get me notice :mrgreen: , I have fixed it


In a way you're right, in a way you're wrong. If you're saying James is in another dimension and the Otherworld is creating things out of his thoughts, then...uh, I think everyone knows that. If you're saying James isn't experiencing anything supernatural and is just crazy, you're wrong.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Jul 2009
Notes left: 294
Last seen at: Silent Hill - Downpour
I think hes trying to say that its all in his head, hes not actually in Silent Hill but in some padded room somewhere hallucinating this stuff up. I mean it kinda makes sense but its not true sadly, Laura is real for sure so she cant be a figment of his imagination.

_________________
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 39
Quote:
In a way you're right, in a way you're wrong. If you're saying James is in another dimension and the Otherworld is creating things out of his thoughts, then...uh, I think everyone knows that. If you're saying James isn't experiencing anything supernatural and is just crazy, you're wrong.

What I mean is that all things that james experience on silent hill are fiction and I title this with metaphysical because all the places we visit are just a representation of james' thoughs and feelings, the most powerfull representation is pyramid head that is his sexual frustation and his guilt of murdery, and as pyramid head all the places give to us a reflection of his life


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
adjasin wrote:
What I mean is that all things that james experience on silent hill are fiction and I title this with metaphysical because all the places we visit are just a representation of james' thoughs and feelings, the most powerfull representation is pyramid head that is his sexual frustation and his guilt of murdery, and as pyramid head all the places give to us a reflection of his life


silent hill exists. it's altered and full of monsters when james enters, but that doesn't mean it isn't there and that james isn't in the town.

_________________
no longer active. thanks for the memories.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 39
crucifix wrote:
adjasin wrote:
What I mean is that all things that james experience on silent hill are fiction and I title this with metaphysical because all the places we visit are just a representation of james' thoughs and feelings, the most powerfull representation is pyramid head that is his sexual frustation and his guilt of murdery, and as pyramid head all the places give to us a reflection of his life


silent hill exists. it's altered and full of monsters when james enters, but that doesn't mean it isn't there and that james isn't in the town.
Of course there is a lot of perspectives and conclusions for these piece of art of game, and this is one of properties that have this art work, an abstract and mysterious history


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
It's not really an interpretation, it's factual that James actually went to Silent Hill and experienced what he saw. The other games are proof that the events are real.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
adjasin wrote:
Of course there is a lot of perspectives and conclusions for these piece of art of game, and this is one of properties that have this art work, an abstract and mysterious history


well, okay, if you want to play the "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN SILENT HILL*" game, which actually closes off interpretation and understanding more than taking in context clues and using them to deduce a meaning.

*it's not.

_________________
no longer active. thanks for the memories.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 39
Quote:
well, okay, if you want to play the "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN SILENT HILL*" game, which actually closes off interpretation and understanding more than taking in context clues and using them to deduce a meaning.

*it's not.

Sorry :oops: , of course that there is a story line throughout the game that it must be respect and that is the porpouse of the game but there is also diferent perceptions of some things on the game that bring out some ideas


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
don't apologize, it's just a video game theory. it's not like you can't believe in it. however, this forum has a shitload of generalized knowledge and facts which bring about more interesting ideas than simply "it's all in his head".

_________________
no longer active. thanks for the memories.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Aug 2009
Notes left: 58
Last seen at: Neverwhere
I think what James is seeing is a combination of reality and delusions. Sort of hallucinating, but based on the world around him. sort of like when you dream about a place but things are a little different than they are in real life...it's a combination of what you've seen and what you're imagining.

On the other hand, other people are there too. I don't think Eddie or Angela are supposed to be figments of his imagination. Keep in mind, everyone's perception of Silent Hill seems to be different in the games. So, they all exist in the actual Silent Hill, but they perceive it differently.

For example, the scene on the stairs, the famous line "you see it too? for me, it's always like this" seems to go along with this idea. In that scene, James can see the stairs, they are physically there, but for the first time he can see everything through Angela's eyes in a way, rather than his own, because normally he would just see his usual rusty, water-damaged version of that same staircase.

Same thing with the dead bodies lying around. They might actually be there, or they might be "imprinted" there by Eddie's mind so that James can see them too.

So to re-cap, basically the town is really there and so are the characters, but it looks different to each person. However, somtimes those perceptions are shared by multiple characters, and they can catch a glimse of what the town looks like through the mind/eyes of the people around them.

_________________
Stay.
You don't always know where you stand,
'Till you know that you won't run away.
There's something inside me that feels...
Like breathing in sulfur.

-Slipknot


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Then what about when James goes into physically impossible areas, like the Labyrinth? He can't be hallucinating then. What pushes him off the Hospital roof?

The characters aren't hallucinating, they're in an alternate dimension.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Aug 2009
Notes left: 58
Last seen at: Neverwhere
AuraTwilight wrote:
Then what about when James goes into physically impossible areas, like the Labyrinth? He can't be hallucinating then. What pushes him off the Hospital roof?

The characters aren't hallucinating, they're in an alternate dimension.


That's a good point. It's possible that the further through the game you go, the more James loses touch with reality. Maybe at that point he's actually lying on the floor somewhere and just dreaming the rest, but, that just goes too far into speculation i guess.

However, the fact remains that it's perceived differently by different characters, so how could it only be one alternate reality if the characters are seeing it in different ways from eachother? And if it's multiple versions of silent Hill, then how are they able to interact with eachother?


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
However, the fact remains that it's perceived differently by different characters, so how could it only be one alternate reality if the characters are seeing it in different ways from eachother? And if it's multiple versions of silent Hill, then how are they able to interact with eachother?


Who says that all realities must comply with the rule that what you see is what everyone says? What's to say another universe has to conform to objective reality? The Otherworld is a plane of existence that crafts environments, monsters, beings, and objects out of the thoughts of the people experiencing them.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 30 May 2009
Notes left: 39
Quote:
I think what James is seeing is a combination of reality and delusions. Sort of hallucinating, but based on the world around him. sort of like when you dream about a place but things are a little different than they are in real life...it's a combination of what you've seen and what you're imagining.

On the other hand, other people are there too. I don't think Eddie or Angela are supposed to be figments of his imagination. Keep in mind, everyone's perception of Silent Hill seems to be different in the games. So, they all exist in the actual Silent Hill, but they perceive it differently.

For example, the scene on the stairs, the famous line "you see it too? for me, it's always like this" seems to go along with this idea. In that scene, James can see the stairs, they are physically there, but for the first time he can see everything through Angela's eyes in a way, rather than his own, because normally he would just see his usual rusty, water-damaged version of that same staircase.

Same thing with the dead bodies lying around. They might actually be there, or they might be "imprinted" there by Eddie's mind so that James can see them too.

So to re-cap, basically the town is really there and so are the characters, but it looks different to each person. However, somtimes those perceptions are shared by multiple characters, and they can catch a glimse of what the town looks like through the mind/eyes of the people around them.


Yes, I understand this, but I saw that memos and I though about this, and what I wrote before is just a way for see the history of the game another context, and finally I though that for something is that that memo is there, but whatever I understand what you said a long time ago :)


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: