"Even Momma Said It..." Angela Thread (Spoilers)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

If people didn't analyze the figures hanging on the wall, people would still believe they were female. Analyses are imperative to understanding.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
liquidus118
Just Passing Through

Post by liquidus118 »

MMY wrote:If people didn't analyze the figures hanging on the wall, people would still believe they were female. Analyses are imperative to understanding.
True. I agree though that analysis - especially in Silent Hill, is important to gaining a better understanding of a series that definitely deserves it, I just think maybe in that thread we were looking too closely - to the point we couldn't see the full picture.

Though maybe me believing that over-analysis is possible with SH automatically makes me an idiot, but it seems this forum is one of the rare places where people respect others percetions and views, so I'll stick with the more obvious choice that she WAS sexually abused.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

How is it "more obvious" when so much evidence relies solely on interpretation? and so much more has come into question?
Last edited by The Adversary on 07 Dec 2009, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
liquidus118
Just Passing Through

Post by liquidus118 »

MMY wrote:How is it "more obvious" when so much evidence relies solely on interpretation?
Well since she says things like "Or you could just for me to, like he always did" and "You men, you're all after the same thing!" and the fact that the Abstract Daddy looks like a bedrame with a guy (From what I can see) on top of a screaming woman the idea that she was sexually abused would probably spring to mind pretty quickly.
And I know that in the other thread you disproved some of the stuff but that's why I'm saying it's the more obvious one; the conclusion most people reached without analysing it as deeply as that thread did.
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

^ I think what you're trying to say is that you are sticking with the most common initial reaction to Angela, correct?
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I know that in the other thread you disproved some of the stuff but that's why I'm saying it's the more obvious one
This is an incongruity: If it's been disproven, how is it also "more obvious"? and why would it even be believed at this point once it's been disproven?

I simply don't understand the mindset. That's like saying humans believed the sun revolved around earth b/c it was "obvious." Then it was proven the earth revolved around the sun, but people still believed otherwise b/c it was humanity's initial reaction to what revolved around which.

D.N.C.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.