Beyond the flaming staircase... *possible spoilers*

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

Well for my haypenny on the issue I believe that Angela is a real person. I believe this because her, Eddie, and James are the "3 sinners" for the game as depicted in the graveyard with their names on the tombstones. Eddie was real, James was real, so Angel must not be real right?

As for what happened to her, I have just right on the spot as I type this sentence thought of a theory as to what happened to her. I agree that maybe she went to fight a final boss of her own. but it couldn't be her father since James "saved" her from him in the labyrinth. Her brother must already be dead in her otherworld too because she said that her mama was the only one left. "Maybe then.. I can rest..." I didn't really think much of what she said at the time but despite her looking happy to see her mama; her real otherworld mama she would end up fighting. Her final boss is her mama, taking the form of a monster in the flames which I will just call "Inferno." As for if she wins or not I have no idea since she has no weapon. (She had the knife when she fought her otherworld brother, and James saved her from her father) I know my theory makes little since, but for some reason it seems possible in my tiny little brain.
*Insert Legendary signature here*
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

You know how james realizes the truth near the end and he figures out everything?
And Eddie..well no matter what, he dies.
Angela even before she ascends those stairs, is still delusional.
Whether she dies or not is unknown. What is known, is the fact that she mistakes james for her mother, at first. She' hasn't accepted the truth.
As to her existence, she's no figment of james imagination.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Angela even before she ascends those stairs, is still delusional.
Whether she dies or not is unknown. What is known, is the fact that she mistakes james for her mother, at first. She' hasn't accepted the truth.
I would think the fact that she's never done this at any earlier point, and that she snaps out of it instantly, is an indication that Angela isn't delusional. Angela's not denying the truth, necessarily: She's not lying to herself. The thing is that she's blaming herself even though she doesn't have to. There's no dissociative fugue here, that I can see.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

Its confusing bcuz she mistakes james for her mother the first time at the stairs. ( which is IMO that she's delusional, but temporarily)
But also seems to have acknowledged her own "hell" as well.
Its not very clear though.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Angela's fate = death.
Magus
Just Passing Through

Post by Magus »

probably never ending staircase
I mean, she said that her life has always been like that
If she somehow get out from that area then the situation would be no different for her
SHF

Post by SHF »

heres the video at the part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyaLoaUbExk
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

Magus wrote:probably never ending staircase
If she somehow get out from that area then the situation would be no different for her
I don't think she was saying her "life" has always been like that, she potentially was referring to her experience in Silent Hill. Her exact conversation with James was:
*Angela begins to walk up the fiery staircase.*

James: Me? No... I'd never kill myself.... It's hot as hell in here.

Angela: You see it too? For me, it's always like this.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Remember angela is unhurt by the fire, as she walks upstairs unscathed.
So maybe james only sees the flames.
I remember angela in the very beginning saying there's something wrong with the town. Perhaps she is referring to this.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The flames are part of Angela's Otherworld. James saw the flames because he was near her. When James is near those persons he can interact with their Otherworlds, too.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Huh. so becuase they were angela's flames, she wouldnt be burned by them?
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Oh, she's burning, alright. Just not physically.
SHF

Post by SHF »

totally makes sense.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She never actually touches the fire, for starters.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
HarleyQuinnofHate
Just Passing Through

Post by HarleyQuinnofHate »

Yea, is just forms a wall behind her. And if you, as James, walk into the fire it hurts you, so I would assume that it hurts her as well and she is either numb to the pain, so she doesn't care (she isn't in the fire either way) or she is just used to dodging it.
Magus
Just Passing Through

Post by Magus »

Mephisto wrote:
The flames are part of Angela's Otherworld. James saw the flames because he was near her. When James is near those persons he can interact with their Otherworlds, too.
this is what I thought,Angela didnt get burned... so I believe it's only representation of her otherworld as she said " For me, it's always like this. "

perhaps her depression just getting deeper and deeper to the point where the other person that close to him could feel what she feel inside.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I personally loved Angela's Otherworld, with the vagina walls and the pistons, as with the burning fire as well.

Since this isn't relevant to the discussion, I'll stop ;P
Magus
Just Passing Through

Post by Magus »

sorata wrote:
Magus wrote:probably never ending staircase
I don't think she was saying her "life" has always been like that, she potentially was referring to her experience in Silent Hill. Her exact conversation with James was:
*Angela begins to walk up the fiery staircase.*

James: Me? No... I'd never kill myself.... It's hot as hell in here.

well, but if there's a reason why she's in silent hill afterall it's most likely because her personal problem, just like the reason why James was in silent hill

btw, I found it ironic that James would come out with that sentence "I'd never kill myself."
but he killed another person
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

Magus wrote: well, but if there's a reason why she's in silent hill afterall it's most likely because her personal problem, just like the reason why James was in silent hill
I know she has personal problem, I think everyone here knows. I was pointing out to you that you said "her life is always like that", but it should be "her otherworld" or "her Silent Hill experience" is always like that (as in always see fire and hot).
btw, I found it ironic that James would come out with that sentence "I'd never kill myself."
I don't have a statistic infront of me, but I think most murderers don't kill themselves.
Magus
Just Passing Through

Post by Magus »

sorata wrote:
Magus wrote: well, but if there's a reason why she's in silent hill afterall it's most likely because her personal problem, just like the reason why James was in silent hill
I know she has personal problem, I think everyone here knows. I was pointing out to you that you said "her life is always like that", but it should be "her otherworld" or "her Silent Hill experience" is always like that (as in always see fire and hot).
I don't have a statistic infront of me, but I think most murderers don't kill themselves.
ok, you're know more than me ,congrats
I'm not a fan that could remember every line exactly like it is

"but I think most murderers don't kill themselves." ---> most school shooter did, you dont need statistic to remember that.