Maria Poster in Observatory Bathroom

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Even when you're so distracted you think your dead wife has written you a letter?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
HarleyQuinnofHate
Just Passing Through

Post by HarleyQuinnofHate »

I noticed one on the way to my fathers funeral, in fact I still have it. But it breaks down to the person, I am very observant and as I said before, James was as much. It breaks down to the person.
otto2302
Just Passing Through

Post by otto2302 »

Could someone post the image of "Lady Maria" poster from Silent Hill 3, and we could compare those two, because there is long time since I played SH3 but I remember that the poster was similar (it can be found in Heaven's Night of SH3).

Also I have same bug on my pc SH2 that makes sound loop and I don't have all footsteps, what are minor part of the game "mood" and make it feel scarier when there is no other sounds but footsteps (installed sound patch many many times).
Also some cutscene bugs appear, but I don't find it possible that it could add some posters to game what would include one of the protagonists of the game :D

..but Im also nutcase so don't listen me 8)

___Forgive my english___
Artstation

"It comes from nowhere to awaken the man with pyramid helmet to his mission".
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

otto2302 wrote:Could someone post the image of "Lady Maria" poster from Silent Hill 3, and we could compare those two, because there is long time since I played SH3 but I remember that the poster was similar (it can be found in Heaven's Night of SH3).
The SH3 Maria poster is in the first post of the SH3 Camhack, etc. thread.

It really doesn't look anything like this poster.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

She looks like she's wearing her original outfit there.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
We know Maria was conjured by James before he actually met her. So, it's not too far fetched for the poster of his fantasy to be there. Also, if you couple it with the writing beneath the posters, written in pink lipstick, as well as the one on the wall left to them, you get a very cool foreshadowing.
Bluebolt77
Just Passing Through

Post by Bluebolt77 »

Awesome find. I had to fire up the game and have a look for myself just to be sure and sure enough it's there. The depth in these games makes me happy.
Let Silent Hill purify you.
DarthVasilius
Just Passing Through

Post by DarthVasilius »

Don't forget to have save files/registry marks of Silent Hill 2 on your PS2/PC to be able to find this poster in Heaven's Night in SH3.
GothGal
Just Passing Through

Post by GothGal »

I think i heard somewhere that Maria's "design" came from a poster James saw of a real stripper when he visited SH, hense the poster looking like her
Alone. Yes, that's the key word, the most awful word in the English tongue. Murder doesn't hold a candle to it and hell is only a poor synonym.

~ Stephen King
lyneea
Just Passing Through

Post by lyneea »

Hehehe the poster only proves to my head that...
Maria is real....real, real, real!
Last edited by lyneea on 18 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/CBminstrel/silent_hill_banner.jpg[/img]
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Re:

Post by SHF »

GothGal wrote:I think i heard somewhere that Maria's "design" came from a poster James saw of a real stripper when he visited SH, hense the poster looking like her
sounds like a simple good theory. my theory is that james started visiting silent hill when mary was getting sicker and sicker. there, he frequented heaven's night, and maybe also neely's bar. He either saw the posters of maria there or the ones in the bathroom. We know he had a drinking issue, as he actually comments on that.
That is when the idea of maria evolved.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
ss4gogeta0
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by ss4gogeta0 »

lyneea wrote:Hehehe the poster only proves to my head that...
Maria is real....real, real, real!
play silent hill 3 with SH2 saved data and look around.... there is a poster for maria... looks completely different
"Must one Born from Adam, Return to Adam?" - Kaowru Nagisa
"Come Adam's Dark Shadow, Searvent of the Lillim"- Kaowru Nagisa
simeonalo

Re: Maria Poster in Observatory Bathroom

Post by simeonalo »

...but then James would have made black-haired ugly gonorrhea Maria (that rhymes!) her look like Mary. You know, the whole schizophrenia thing. Right?
SHF

Re: Maria Poster in Observatory Bathroom

Post by SHF »

Yes. If the poster indeicates that maria has black hair, then james would of projected parts of mary onto maria.
Thats why she looks like her, but is more cladly dressed and has a different personality.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]