Pyramid Head Chase Glitch

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

The glitch is very possible, and makes sense to me.
I personally played on hard an ended up wacking PH with a pipe and he pushed me towards the elevator.. I ran at the end cause it took such a long time xD

So all in all i hant witnessed the glitch, but it's very likely.
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

Bowl Cat XL wrote:
MistahJ wrote:I'm a Silent Hill fan, not a compulsive liar.
Yeah, but you could be both a fan of Silent Hill and a compulsive liar. I'm not implying that you are; the glitch you described may or may not have happened, and whether or not it did doesn't matter.
Ya, I know. I just like to think that Silent Hill fans aren't like that. Most of them, anyway.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
dsagent
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Pyramid Head Chase Glitch

Post by dsagent »

MistahJ wrote:I was helping my friend on hard mode when we reached the part where
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Pyramid Head starts chasing you and Maria.
She kept on dying, so I told my friend to turn off her flashlight and radio and unequip her gun. I thought it would help at least make her run faster. For some reason though, Maria disappeared from the whole chase sequence and it was just James being chased by Pyramid Head. She shows up in the last cutscene though, so obviously this glitch helped my friend out immensely. Has anybody else had this glitch?

I apologize if this has been brought up before.
I remember a glitch FAQ talking about something like this. Personally I have had Maria disappear and reappear after I enter a door before.
The meaning of all life, the universe, and the answer to all questions is:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Like I would tell You! MUHAHAHAhahaha!!!!!
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Sergiy wrote:I personally played on hard an ended up wacking PH with a pipe and he pushed me towards the elevator.. I ran at the end cause it took such a long time xD
This is exactly what I had to do. I made it worse for myself by aiming for the Maria Ending, as well (i.e. I couldn't let her get hit, especially by PH), so I was smacking him with the pipe all the way to the elevator. I was especially anxious when it came to corners.

For that reason, I haven't played SH2 on Hard since then. :P Certainly wouldn't have minded a glitch like that happening to me, in hindsight.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Never heard of the glitch. Pretty weird. I always loved that in that scene you first think: "OMG, run, James, run!!!!" But when he catches up, he doesn't even try to kill you. He just walks in place. Well, at least that only happened in my game. Not sure if that's what supposed to happen.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re:

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

paladin181 wrote:No reason to ever turn off the radio. EVER. Unless you like the more "Oh shit that popped out of nowhere!!" scares.
Aren't the monsters also attracted by noise? Like gunshots and running , radio static ect...
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
Esperandote
Just Passing Through

Post by Esperandote »

To the OP, this glitch has happened to me before, when I played the game for the very second or third time.
SAIRENT HIRU no uta minna de utaou!
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

I always try to get Maria to run ahead of me even though I know what will happen.
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

Esperandote wrote:To the OP, this glitch has happened to me before, when I played the game for the very second or third time.
Well now I know it's not just me, haha.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)