clues to where james lived? spoilers here!

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

clues to where james lived? spoilers here!

Post by SHF »

James recieves a letter from mary, beckoning him to their special place. Now, i dont know if their special place was silent hill, therefore indicating they lived outside of town, or if their special place was the hotel, indicating they most likely lived in town.
Some clues seem to point to that he lived in town. Like the map in his car outside of the observation deck. Maybe somehow he found it in silent hill ? or someone gave it to him?
And what about the guy who writes the memos to him? about the wrench and stuff? did james know him personally? as it seems the man knew him surely. And the fact that mary was hospitalized( sometime before her departure) from brookhaven in south vales? Wouldnt it make sense that at that time, james stayed close to mary, but went to to heaven's night probably often, and there manifested Maria( but not where he actually interacted with her?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
hdghog
Just Passing Through

Post by hdghog »

I figured he still had the map from when him and Mary visited Silent Hill. As far as everything else, I'm not too sure. But I never thought they lived in Silent Hill either.

"In my restless dreams
I see that town.

Silent Hill.

You promised you'd take me
there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now...

In our 'special place'
Waiting for you..."

James promised Mary to take her to Silent Hill again someday. So they obviously didn't live there.

The guy that writes the letters to him about the wrench and key was the Brookhaven Hospital director guy. I don't think he knew him personally, but James probably saw his portrait in the historical society when him and Mary visited.
Last edited by hdghog on 14 Mar 2010, edited 1 time in total.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ This

He probably lived in Shepherd's Glen (maybe a connection to Alex's family), or Ashfield.
hdghog
Just Passing Through

Post by hdghog »

I was thinking Ashfield too.
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

@Simeonalo - What makes you think he lived in Sheperd's Glen?
^^
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Mary's last name. Maybe James stayed there for a while if Mary was connected to Alex's family, though it seems far fetched.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

If Mary is connected with Alex at all, it's probably a distant relation, like second cousin, etc.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>James probably saw his portrait in the historical society when him and Mary visited.
The portrait in the Silent Hill Historical Society isn't of the current director at Brookhaven Hospital.

>i dont know if their special place was silent hill
I do. And James does. He tells us, "This whole town was our 'special place.'"
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I think James lived with Mary in a neighbour town close to Silent Hill, like Ashfield for example.

And Mary and Alex doesn't have any connection as far as I know.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The two of them probably lived in Ashfield, if they lived in a town we've heard of at all, based purely on the fact that James' family lives there.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Some clues seem to point to that he lived in town. Like the map in his car outside of the observation deck.
Actually, that would seem to indicate the opposite. Why would James possess (much less carry close at hand) a map of the town if he lived there? If it were a large city on the scale of Los Angeles or New York, I could understand, but Silent Hill is just a bucket drop in the sticks. It should take a dedicated citizen all of about a day and a half to see every square inch of the place.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Maybe he lived in Brahms.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

If they lived in Brahms, wouldn't James have entered through Old Silent Hill instead of South Vale. If the whole town was there special place, it wouldn't make sense for James to go the long way just to get to the lookout point.
SHF

Post by SHF »

how do you know the wrench memos were from the director?
hdghog
Just Passing Through

Post by hdghog »

^ The director was Ernest Baldwin. He placed the wrench and key for James to find so James could find the things needed to resurrect Mary.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's just a theory, mind you, not necessarily a fact.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>how do you know the wrench memos were from the director?
I postulated he did back in 2001. And then, as it turns out, Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle proved I was right by writing, "It would seem that in the otherworld, time and physical limitations are transcended and peoples' thoughts are communicated. In accordance with this are the enigmatic phone conversation and Stanley's letters in the third game, as well the director's letters, among other things, in the second game."

Damn I'm good.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

meaning that ernest " thought" the memos up for james?
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

KiramidHead wrote:If they lived in Brahms, wouldn't James have entered through Old Silent Hill instead of South Vale. If the whole town was there special place, it wouldn't make sense for James to go the long way just to get to the lookout point.
But James did enter through Old Silent Hill.
One more soul to the call, for all, in silence...
Comes two more souls to the call, for all, and in time!
Three more more souls to the call, they fall...
Unknowing that four more souls to the call, won't be all, and you know it!
Lucita
Just Passing Through

Post by Lucita »

AuraTwilight wrote:The two of them probably lived in Ashfield, if they lived in a town we've heard of at all, based purely on the fact that James' family lives there.
I agree with Aura on this point, due the fact that you find a letter of James' father in South Ashfield Heighs (SH4). It's a good possibility!
"Ignore the voice, it'll go away!"
=====================