Silent Hill 2 Ending

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

mikefile
Gravedigger

Re: Silent Hill 2 Ending

Post by mikefile »

The Adversary wrote: Ernest also died at his home, probably by jumping out of the same window Amy fell out of.
Didn't Amy fall down the stairs of the attic while taking Ernest's birthday present?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Jesus! How the hell did I miss that.. I now went to check for the 7th time and Ernest really said somethin' like :"She fell through the window" (the sounds in the attic). Wow! I always thought she fell down the stairs because the voices started as you start climbing the staircase. Thank you, Adversary for making me notice that!
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Joseph wrote:We never learn whether Earnest and Amy are really ghosts or just manifestations of James' memories of other hospital patients, giving a hint to Maria about who she truly is.
And the scene where Mary talks to jamesq it didn't happen. It was James' thoughtsq an interior emotion of forgiveness, represented by what he could only see as an atonement: a last apology conversation with his deceased wife.
Even though James never meets them, and they don't behave like memories. And they're ghosts.

Also, there's atleast one ghost in SH3, and there's SH4, and there's whatever the fuck is going on in Homecoming, and Alessa astral projects so that implies souls atleast.

Ghosts exist, deal with it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

I'm of the opinion that the Mary we see at the end of SH2 was in fact the real deal, and in the flesh, brought back to life by the powers of the town so James could talk to her one last time before he leaves...I never bought the idea that the final conversation with her at the end of the game was all in his head. It just didnt seem fair for him to go through hell and not be able to see her again...
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
merie
Just Passing Through

Post by merie »

I think it's "in his head". Like when we talk to our dead relatives and ask them for forgiveness if we were mean to them before they died.... The gamers needed to "see" the scene so they'd know it happened. It was real to him, but not really real. :?:

This whole series is so complicated!
PoemOfTheLastMoment wrote:and in the flesh, brought back to life by the powers of the town so James could talk to her one last time before he leaves...
This sounds good, too, though.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

^
It's a manifestation of Mary.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

I agree with the manifestation part. James and we needed to see that scene so we'd know it happened. And I don't believe she's a ghost. I usually never accept these kinds of explanations whatsoever.