Silent Hill 2 too easy?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Silent Hill 2 too easy?

Post by Tillerman »

Margatroid wrote:It sounds like the dual PHs will be a problem, considering how much health everything has so far.
Honestly I don't remember them being a big problem. They definitely have more health in hard mode, but nothing crazy. Just save your rifle / shotgun ammo.

Silent Hill 2 is basically the easiest game in the series, and really needs to be played on hard in order to offer the best experience, in my opinion. Some of the enemies do take a lot more hits, but that just gives you more reason to run away, which is a good thing. That makes the game more tense.
Its Gone Now wrote:yeah but it's as boring and repetitive as it is challenging and can become frustrating. SH is not really about combat. SM has NONE at all.
It's not about combat, but the combat is an important element none the less. SM really suffered because the non-combat gameplay was one dimensional and very very repetitive. Homecoming suffered because it tried to make the game about the combat, and turned it into a subpar action game. The sweet spot for Silent Hill is in the middle somewhere, with combat that serves the game well but doesn't dominate the experience.
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Silent Hill 2 too easy?

Post by Its Gone Now »

Tillerman wrote:It's not about combat, but the combat is an important element none the less. SM really suffered because the non-combat gameplay was one dimensional and very very repetitive. Homecoming suffered because it tried to make the game about the combat, and turned it into a subpar action game. The sweet spot for Silent Hill is in the middle somewhere, with combat that serves the game well but doesn't dominate the experience.
Hes RIght you know. Combat in SH is such a hard thing to get right it seems and they will never please everyone. Here's hoping Silent Hills has Good combat, or at the very least.... combat at all.