The Hospital report (spoilers)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

The Hospital report (spoilers)

Post by Conjurer »

Now.....I remember when playing in the hospital, their was this room where they had this document talking about a certain patient who believes he is in a different reality then the rest, that the writer of this document wonders why they should pull this patient out of that reality if he is happy their.....to me..that gave me a huge belief thats why Jame's sees the hospital and the hotel in different ways....when he first goes in...couldnt it be a possibility that he first sees the inside like he remembered it when he visited Marry....(before she was transferred to Ashfield)...and later after the siren rings...everything looks alot older and wore down like its been abondened for a long time...same with the hotel....at first when james goes in it..it looks fine...but after he plays the video...it looks burned (I think this place was burned from Dahlias ritual) the hotel is obliterated and burnt...does anyone think that the hospital document has a huge significance to Jame's Alternet world? :x
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>does anyone think that the hospital document has a huge significance to Jame's Alternet world?
Yes, but not quite for the reasons you've mentioned.

>I think this place was burned from Dahlias ritual
Nope. The hotel burnt down long after Silent Hill 1--by about ten years.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by the man in the planet »

you can't trick st. thomas. he's got ALL the answers. and yet he's so sly on how he answers things.
[img]http://www.rubbersquare.com/flipsig.jpg[/img]
The Red Devil
Just Passing Through

Post by The Red Devil »

no kidding, way to go St. Thomas!
EDH
Erectile Dis-function Highlander
"THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE!"
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

St. Thomas wrote:>does anyone think that the hospital document has a huge significance to Jame's Alternet world?
Yes, but not quite for the reasons you've mentioned.

>I think this place was burned from Dahlias ritual
Nope. The hotel burnt down long after Silent Hill 1--by about ten years.
Um...? What im confused...I thought Silent HIll was desolete...? how could it burn if no one was their?
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

The hotel was ruined somewhere along the timeline of the games - nothing specifically comes out and says when it was destroyed, however we can deduce that it was after Mary and James visited the town, since.. well.. they wouldn't have such fond memories of a hotel if it was burned down.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Ya...i guess your right......
Another question comes to my mind in the hospital..when you go on the roof..you find a patients diary....i've always wondered what that was all about...it kind of sounds like Mary wrote is..possibly...but I have doubts because it said something about them needing to support their "family"...this could possibly mean herself and james....or her own family...or it could mean its NOT marys dairy and some other patients...maybe the patient the docter was talking about? IM NOT SURE! thats why im asking you SH geniuses... :mrgreen:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>The hotel was ruined somewhere along the timeline of the games
I say it was burned down a year ago because in the employee break room, there's a schedule that James notes how it's dated a year ago. We know the place wasn't abandoned then, so I'd safe it's to assume it's implying this is the time it was destroyed in the fire.

>when you go on the roof..you find a patients diary....
Yes, it's Mary's, from the few days she spent at Brookhaven Hospital. Read my thread on this page titled Mary stayed at Brookhaven Hospital for details.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

http://www.geocities.com/th765/hole2.jpg

Very interesting link.....I never played restless dreams but i've read about it, I had a thought that maybe he was the one writing messeges but i doubted it because his spirit dissapears after he gives Maria his message....so how can he do that if hes gone?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Very interesting link.....
Yes, I know.

>so how can he do that if hes gone?
Because he was given a new "goal" after he had failed his first--to revive his daughter. Now that he's been released from the spiritually fetters, keeping him in his house, he'd become a part of the town; his new goal was to see to it that James accomplished what he had failed: The Resurrection of the Deceased.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

St. Thomas wrote:>Very interesting link.....
Yes, I know.

>so how can he do that if hes gone?
Because he was given a new "goal" after he had failed his first--to revive his daughter. Now that he's been released from the spiritually fetters, keeping him in his house, he'd become a part of the town; his new goal was to see to it that James accomplished what he had failed: The Resurrection of the Deceased.
And of course..that is the rebirth ending..(I really wish they would've showed James do the ritual....)
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

is it possible that the patient in the alternate reality was james?

probably not, just tossing it out there...

it would explain how he saw the town how he did.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/cropknok/silenthillsig.jpg[/img]

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>is it possible that the patient in the alternate reality was james?
In essence, yes. The patient they're discussing is Joseph Barkin, who, in the original script--before a massive overhaul--was to be the [otherside] of James, much like Maria is the [otherside] of Mary.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

St. Thomas wrote:>is it possible that the patient in the alternate reality was james?
In essence, yes. The patient they're discussing is Joseph Barkin, who, in the original script--before a massive overhaul--was to be the [otherside] of James, much like Maria is the [otherside] of Mary.
wow.

i'm surprised that the idea wasn't far off.

and at your knowledge of sh.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/cropknok/silenthillsig.jpg[/img]

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.
The Necronoir
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Necronoir »

>is it possible that the patient in the alternate reality was james?
Interesting that his name should be Joseph.

SH4 Spoilers:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Because, as we know, much is made of the possibility that Henry could be a split-personality type figure due to the fact that everyone he runs into immediately dies, as well as the notes under the door thing. As it turns out, we find that Joseph does, in a way, form the alternate aspect of Henry (the giver - receiver of wisdom). Considering how SH4 pics up on the Walter and Sunderland aspects of SH2 I wouldn't be surprised if the James/Joseph idea was also taken up and formed into the Henry/Joseph aspect we see...
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

St. Thomas wrote:>when you go on the roof..you find a patients diary....
Yes, it's Mary's, from the few days she spent at Brookhaven Hospital. Read my thread on this page titled Mary stayed at Brookhaven Hospital for details.
I just realized something weird....I played SH2 again....and Jame's says to himself after reading the diary...."what's it doing up here?" after you find it on the roof...what is it doing up their anyway? and what does the rest of the diary say.....
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Osmund Saddler wrote:what is it doing up their anyway?
What is a handgun doing in a shopping trolley. What is a flashlight doing on a mannequin with a certain person's clothes on it. There's a lot of things it random places because the area is not exactly normal is it.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

yah, but they usually symbolize something....like the "certain someone's" cloths on the manniquin...it symbolized the transformation to Maria (in my opinion)....speaking of the room with the pock marked walls.....and the gun..what was up with that also? along with the diary being on the roof....theirs probably a secret meaning behind then...
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Re: The Hospital report (spoilers)

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

You guys should watch the making of SH2 to get your answers...they pretty much explain all of this ...straight from the mouths of the creators themselves....
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Re: The Hospital report (spoilers)

Post by B5160-R »

True, but did you really have to revive a five year old thread?
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]