Greatest Hits/Directors Cut saves?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Greatest Hits/Directors Cut saves?

Post by VenusDoom »

Wondering if anyone had both versions. I only have the black box version of SH2 for PS2, anyway, eventually I plan on buying the greatest hits version, but I was wondering if once I did I'd be able to use my saves from the black box version? It'd suck getting SH2 100% then having to do it ALL again once I get the Greatest Hits version.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Sajun
Just Passing Through

Re: Greatest Hits/Directors Cut saves?

Post by Sajun »

I actually don't think they're any difference between a black box version of a ps2 game and the red greatest hits version. It's the same game just with the red strip on the case and disc.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>It's the same game just with the red strip on the case and disc.<
That's not true.

Saved games from the black edition don't show up on the Greatest Hits edition but the game acknowledges that it has previously been beaten. Basically—past saved games don't appear, though "Restless Dreams" will be available to play immediately because complete data is recognized.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Sajun
Just Passing Through

Post by Sajun »

The Adversary wrote:>It's the same game just with the red strip on the case and disc.<
That's not true.

Saved games from the black edition don't show up on the Greatest Hits edition but the game acknowledges that it has previously been beaten. Basically—past saved games don't appear, though "Restless Dreams" will be available to play immediately because complete data is recognized.
Sorry I guess I didn't know =( I have greatest hits versions of other games and just always thought they were the exact same game just a cheaper version so people could enjoy them.

Indecently, what is restless dreams?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Restless Dreams is the subtitle for the PS2 Greatest Hits and XBox versions of Silent Hill 2. It contains the Born From A Wish mini scenario and the dog ending. I think that's all.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

SILENT HILL 2: RESTLESS DREAMS includes the sub-scenario "Born From A Wish" and the UFO ending, neither of which are included in the standard, "black" edition of SILENT HILL 2.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Can I start an extra new game when I get the Greatest Hits version? Like, can I find the stuff to get the Rebirth ending and the UFO ending or find the chainsaw without having to play through it again?
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I believe so. It's been nearly a decade since I first played the Greatest Hits edition, though, so I may be mistaken.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.