Seal of Metatron in SH2 (Spoilers)

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No. Its eponym is explained in The Order's Chapel's library, in the book titled "Otherworld Laws."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

cool beans. that book is in the third one, right? Vincent gives it to ya?
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

it's also in the prison:

I think the metaron-ish seals are mostly just there to refer back to sh1, and probably not too meaningful.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That's not the Virun VII Crest.

>that book is in the third one, right? Vincent gives it to ya?
Correct.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

St. Thomas wrote:That's not the Virun VII Crest.
I don't know what the hell virunVii is, I thought we were talking about the seal on the ground during the 2 PH battle which resembles the seal in the first game? the thing on the ground in the PH fight has a triangle inside 2 concentric circles in it. the seal in the first gme has a triangle inside 2 concentric circles in it. therefore, they resemble each other.

from the book vincent gives you.
skin ripped from the seal in sh3.

there is also something resembling the halo of the sun in sh2 prison:
ImageImage
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I don't know what the hell virunVii is
Perhaps you should pay closer attention.

The Virun VII Crest is the Seal of Metatron is the Mark of Samael. The image you first posted, from the prison cell, is a pentagram: a basic pentagram. It is not a triangle. You can see the hexagonal shape in the middle of it.

The last image you provided is only similar to the Halo of the Sun in that it has circles. But, well, four. I would not say they "resemble" one another at all.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

I'll be damned, I guess I wanted to see a triangle in it, and i though that was the shape in the middle of it.
The last image you provided is only similar to the Halo of the Sun in that it has circles. But, well, four. I would not say they "resemble" one another at all.
Yes, it has circles, and that is why some consider it an early halo of the sun.
ImageImage
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Whoever "considers it an early halo of the sun" is insane. There's nothing to even remotely suggest that. It's a circle with four inner circles.

Oh. Wait. You're getting that from one Xuchilbara/Lobsel Vith/Ulver09/Linda . . . that explains the absurdity of it.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

I think all nur is saying is that it's possibly just an early concept of the Halo of the Sun. Not quite that just yet, but a design used here that later became the Halo we all know after some revamping. It is possible.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

St. Thomas wrote:Whoever "considers it an early halo of the sun" is insane. There's nothing to even remotely suggest that. It's a circle with four inner circles.

Oh. Wait. You're getting that from one Xuchilbara/Lobsel Vith/Ulver09/Linda . . . that explains the absurdity of it.
One thing remotely suggests it: it is in SH2, and the halo of the sun was in sh3 and therefore may not have been quite in its final form at that point. i don't see how thinking that makes anyone insane. I never said it definitely was, just that some people think so.
ImageImage
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what that guy before was saying about there being a seal of metatron and something about "metratron" theres no such thing as metratron right ? :|
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>theres no such thing as metratron right ?
Yes, but it's the exact same as Metatron. Just listen to Dahlia in Silent Hill 1, at the end, and read the book in The Order's chapel titled "Otherworld Laws."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

I noticed that too

I hate to say it, but I think in this case it was just a cool homage to the first game, sort of like the posters you see in the Metal Gear Games

also for some reason I found being able to see the "resort area" from the first game on the map really neat too