The boat in Toluca Lake

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Evil Rage42
Just Passing Through

The boat in Toluca Lake

Post by Evil Rage42 »

When you ride the boat in Toluca Lake, there are two islands in the middle of the lake. Is it possible for you to ride the boat there. I heard that on one of the islands lies the church or whatever james goes to in one of the endings. The other island has the water prison from silent hill 4. Is it possible to ride the boat there?
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Re: The boat in Toluca Lake

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

I think the only time you can see that church is in the Rebirth Ending. I haven't tried myself but I'm pretty sure the only thing you can do on the boat is follow the light. I'd be interested to hear otherwise though...
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

I have tried to "go" on these islands but there's nothing there. Even when I use the map and see that I'm on the middle of the island, there's still nothing there.

But, I've seen people find the church island by hacking the game. Which logicaly can only be done by hacking the Rebirth ending cut-scene (the only time when we actually see the island).
We are still here...
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Evil Rage42 wrote:When you ride the boat in Toluca Lake, there are two islands in the middle of the lake. Is it possible for you to ride the boat there. I heard that on one of the islands lies the church or whatever james goes to in one of the endings. The other island has the water prison from silent hill 4. Is it possible to ride the boat there?
you can't ride the boat there because the game will steer you away from the island. You can use hacks to make James go there without the boat, though. I have a PC gamesave of James on the island on my site.
http://alchemillahospital.net/rebirth-church/
http://alchemillahospital.net/sh2-churc ... ke-images/
view of island from hotel

Video and church texture here:
http://alchemillahospital.net/silent-hi ... ke-island/

There is also a thread on hidden stuff here:
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=60
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

> The other island has the water prison from silent hill 4.<
That's not true.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

Come to think of it, does that other island (In Silent Hill 2 at least) have anything noteworthy on it at all?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

The Adversary wrote:> The other island has the water prison from silent hill 4.<
That's not true.
Where's the Water Prison located?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The southeast side of Toluca Lake. Joseph Schreiber even writes "During my investigations, I was able to discover, however, a suspicious-looking round concrete tower which appears to be part of their facilities," meaning the tower is near Wish House itself. Joseph also told Jasper, "His home is the orphanage in the middle. The lake is northwest. So the opposite is southeast."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

I must admit, looking at this image makes me feel weird.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Lemex wrote: I must admit, looking at this image makes me feel weird.
Me too, it looks so close! To do that one I had to change the z-distance in the rendering option for the SH234 level viewer, otherwise you can't see it from that angle. I'm still kinda disappointed the church is just a sprite, though.

As for the other island, I believe it's only on the map and not in-game at all.
ImageImage
Lying_Figure
Just Passing Through

Post by Lying_Figure »

Maybe it is there, but with James being completely delusional by this point in the game he just imagines it's not there, just like he imagines whole sections of the prison are in the car park of the historical society building while he's tripping out.
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2pq192o.gif[/img][img]http://i49.tinypic.com/1kkdv.jpg[/img]
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

nur_ein_tier wrote:
Lemex wrote: I must admit, looking at this image makes me feel weird.
Me too, it looks so close! To do that one I had to change the z-distance in the rendering option for the SH234 level viewer, otherwise you can't see it from that angle. I'm still kinda disappointed the church is just a sprite, though.

As for the other island, I believe it's only on the map and not in-game at all.
I thought it was in a weird position. Anyway, as always, great work.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I didn't even know that you could see the church from the hotel. Huh, I'll have to play it again.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Uyrikeustek wrote:I didn't even know that you could see the church from the hotel. Huh, I'll have to play it again.
You can't. I explained how I took the pic a few posts up with the level viewer.
ImageImage
Warpath
Just Passing Through

Post by Warpath »

I wonder how far you could actually go into the lake before getting redirected back to the direction your supposed to be going.
Some fear death, others pray for it...
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

^I think when you're going in the wrong direction, you'll just keep rowing and getting nowhere until you aim towards the light. Once you aim towards the light, it doesn't seem to matter how far you went in the wrong direction already.
At least, that's what I think. I've tried going in the wrong direction before, but not for a really long time.

I always found it amusing that the ending stats include your boat time and boat max speed. It's a ROW BOAT. :lol: