Baby subplot at the Apt. Building.

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Baby subplot at the Apt. Building.

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I thought it was the guy (James) in the chair with the snowy TV in it after being killed. He screamed and it just happened to sound like an infant, maybe? Just a guess.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

According to the making of dvd...it's an image straight from the mind of James himself...the corpse on the sofa IS james and it is a foreshadowing of his realization towards the end of the game(watch James slump in his sofa after watching the video in the same exact pose).
the bloody marks on the sofa (therefore the ghastly scream) is indicative of RPT trying to make James remember the crime that he has commited...
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
Clesker
Just Passing Through

Post by Clesker »

The Adversary wrote:>Or are you saying it's a reference to Rosemary's baby?<
Yes.

The back of the snake coin has a crescent moon, which, on its side, resembles horns—as in "the Horned One" from the puzzle; or, of course, the devil, who impregnated Rosemary.

The "infant scream" isn't an infant. It's the now dead Jame Gumb in front of the television.
I tend to agree with that. Once you hear the scream and return to the room with the television, the dead body is lying there. That alone seems to point out that the scream came from the man in the chair.
larry_lovage69
Just Passing Through

Post by larry_lovage69 »

It clearly is a babies cry, though it's significace will never be known It could have some deep underlying meaning or it could just be disturbing imagery/sound.
My Silent Hill/Heroscape Project
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=25196
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

JuriDawn wrote:I love the search function. . .
....It's soooo bad xD