James has a meltdown!!!!

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: James has a meltdown!!!!

Post by Uyrikeustek »

The best way to attempt James screaming with the chainsaw is when you're in the courtyard of the woodside apartments. Go to the pool, and make sure you don't kill any of the lying figures around the baby carriage. Stand as close as you can to them, but at the side of the pool, not actually in it. Just stand there and wait and he should do it. Oh, and make sure to rev up the chainsaw and wait. Don't just stand there with it off. I'm pretty sure it won't happen if it's off, but I'm not entirely sure about that.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
safcftm33
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by safcftm33 »

Damn I have to try this!
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The chainsaw scream only worked for me before in the Silent Hill Streets when I had an enemy near... Apparently James uses this action in order to scare the monsters (Since the scream won't happen without creatures near to you), I also noticed that it seems to work, the patient demons that were walking to me just changed directions after the scream...
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

KageReneko wrote:Apparently James uses this action in order to scare the monsters (Since the scream won't happen without creatures near to you), I also noticed that it seems to work, the patient demons that were walking to me just changed directions after the scream...
James is mothafucking pimp. And SH2 is one 4-11 hour beatdown.
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Missing_Daughter
Just Passing Through

Post by Missing_Daughter »

KageReneko wrote:The chainsaw scream only worked for me before in the Silent Hill Streets when I had an enemy near... Apparently James uses this action in order to scare the monsters (Since the scream won't happen without creatures near to you), I also noticed that it seems to work, the patient demons that were walking to me just changed directions after the scream...
That's pretty amazing!!!! I'll have to give it a shot now for sure lmao.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

Yeah, the chainsaw war cry only happens when an enemy is nearby. I noticed it for the first time during the PH boss fight when you have wait for that slow bastard to open the door for you. If there isn't an enemy nearby, James leans on the chainsaw and picks his nose. :roll:

PS: Whenever James does the chainsaw war cry I quote the Evil Dead movies. "hail to the king, baby!"
Missing_Daughter
Just Passing Through

Ah it is like Evil Dead!!!! And he did it with no enemies around for us
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

Huh. Maybe there was a straggling Lying Figure or Mannakin further down the hall?
Missing_Daughter
Just Passing Through

It's been a while so possibly, but I really don't think so. It hppened quite a bit in so I'm pretty sure everything was already dead lol. Next time I pay I'll have to try again
MartinStatic
Just Passing Through

Post by MartinStatic »

Wow, this is staggering; every few years I discover something else with the game.
I just watched a Youtube clip, and it's pretty terrifying and a suprisingly advanced and deeper look at James so early on in the game.
It's far from enough to give away the plot, but it demonstrates that there's some darker and guilt-related reveal of torment inside James to be shown later on.

And it's good for scaring enemies away.
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

^^
Actually, I always thought that it was supposed to be humorous. :P
TheForthcoming01
Just Passing Through

Post by TheForthcoming01 »

This could be a reference from the game designers to the movie Evil Dead or more
likely The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the one with Leatherface in it!) regarding what
James does with that chainsaw when idle (the first time it happened to me I was a bit surprised and taken aback; maybe it also signifies his frustration or psychosis after killing his wife Mary and what he is going through in Silent Hill or at least in his mind)

Regarding the number 666 yesterday on the forum for Silent Hill 2 (This forum I mean)
I saw those numbers again on a post with 666 views lol (which I broke as the 667th viewer
of the post hehe)

;)
“I like video games, but they're really violent. I'd like to play a video game where you help the people who were shot in all the other games. It'd be called 'Really Busy Hospital.” ― Demetri Martin
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

This actually startled me the first time it happened. I was in a very quiet area with the volume cranked and recieved a text message. James did his thing while I was sending a reply and I nearly jumped off the couch.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Missing_Daughter
Just Passing Through

emptimass wrote:This actually startled me the first time it happened. I was in a very quiet area with the volume cranked and recieved a text message. James did his thing while I was sending a reply and I nearly jumped off the couch.
I bet that was quite intense lol
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I tried to make it work, but to no avail.
The video is so funny; it really cracked me up.