Mary's letter in...Japanese?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Not tomorrow
Just Passing Through

Mary's letter in...Japanese?

Post by Not tomorrow »

Hi everybody,

Where can I find the text of Mary's letter written in Japanese? (It doesn't matter if it's not the complete letter, just the first part would be ok). If possible, can anybody copy and paste it here? I know I can set the subtitles on Japanese and try to copy them but I need to pass the text to Word and print it.

Thank you very much, and sorry for my poor English.

Not tomorrow.

PD: if you can't find it with kanji, kana is also welcome
Lady-ducky
Just Passing Through

Re: Mary's letter in...Japanese?

Post by Lady-ducky »

Kanji

あいまいな眠りの中で
夢見るのはあの町
サイレントヒル
いつかまだ二人で行こうと
約束しておきながら
私のせいでかなわなかった
私は一人でそこにいる
あの思い出の場所で
あなたをまっている

Romaji:

Aimaina nemuri no naka de
Yumemiru no wa ano machi
Sairento hiru
Itsuka mada futari de ikouto
Yakusoku shite oki nagara
Watashi no sei de kanawanakatta
Watashi wa hitori de soko ni iru
Ano omoide no basho de
Anata o matte iru

That's just the first part. If you wanted the whole letter, I could find that somewhere, or I have it in print so I could just copy it down. Hope that helps.
ImageImage
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/837074

Silent Haven: I find it a bummer that Konami doesnt pay voice actors residuals for re-releases. How do you feel about Konami’s ethics? Do you feel there is some kind of hidden agenda here?

Monica Taylor Horgan: As for Konami’s ethics, it’s not entirely cut and dry. We were all paid well for a smallish job at the time… Surely no one complained back then! The fact that it took off as it did was something we all should have included in our agreements (mostly verbal at the time). It’s the continued, global releases and MORE IMPORTANTLY the formation of the Making Of release that includes our actual likenesses that is a bummer. THAT was unethical. And probably in some laws, illegal.

The experience was great though really. I will tell you a fun little fact….the letter reading from Mary that we did….was a very rare “one take”. This means, I read it one time only….we recorded it…and it was a perfect take the first time. I remember distinctly everyone taking a Loooooong moment afterward. We nailed it. Great material. And a solid read. Probably the best I ever did.

Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

Not sure what that has to do with the letter in Japanese, but okay!
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

I didnt feel like making a new thread on the little secrets behind the final letter reading...

But it is kinda impressive how she nailed it in one take...

Another fun fact that Guy Cihi posted on his facebook page.....

After James meets Mary on her deathbed, he kisses her gently on the forehead and then says the words 'I Love You' before smothering her to death with a pillow!
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....