Jakey Breckenridge, aka Laura

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

TIWIH777
Just Passing Through

Jakey Breckenridge, aka Laura

Post by TIWIH777 »

I'm interested in contacting her. If any of you could assist me in figuring out how the heck to do so, that would be greatly appreciated. I mean Guy and Monica are on Facebook, but I'm not sure about Jakey. I'm really curious to see what she's done in the past 10 years.

Thanks guys.

It is written, only TWO can defeat Ganon!
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Jakey Breckenridge, aka Laura

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Perhaps you could ask Guy a/o Monica if they know any way to reach her? Monica seems like a very understanding and gracious person, and wouldn't mind to help you in any way.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

Wasn't she like, 7 when they recorded that game? According to the ESRB she's only now able to play it, ;P
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Aerith Gainsborough

Now thinking on it, she probably wouldn't have much to say, well...if you're contacting her due to the whole Guy Cihi vs. Konami business and the residuals matter. I doubt a 7 year old really knew about what went on behind the scenes, and probably doesn't to this day. But then again, I could be absolutely wrong.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

According to her IMDB page, SH2 is still the only thing she's credited on.

I would assume it was a one-time thing, and she just went to school and grew up like a normal kid, so far.
TIWIH777
Just Passing Through

Post by TIWIH777 »

Actually I already asked Monica and Guy on Facebook, and they hardly ever saw her anyway, since only major scenes were filmed with all VA's on stage. Hmmm...surely teh webz can yield something. Maybe a person search site....

It is written, only TWO can defeat Ganon!
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

...just what is it you're hoping to find? This is starting to sound a little creepy, is all.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I'm assuming just a harmless interview, is all.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Typographenia wrote:...just what is it you're hoping to find? This is starting to sound a little creepy, is all.
Cyber-stalking. Giggity.

But yea, I don't think she has anything to contribute. No one tells kids anything.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I kind of wonder what they'd do with this whole original-voices debacle, though, with Jakey. Would they have her parents sign off on it...?
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ I think she would be old enough to sign off a contract on her own terms.
lys
Just Passing Through

Post by lys »

Hiya, folks. Longtime-lurker-turned-brand-new-poster here, drudging up an old topic to answer the unanswered.

Ms. Breckenridge is now in college. I won't say where for privacy's sake, but my buddy (who attends the same college, hence how I know all this) tells me she's a perfectly normal, lovely young lady now. As you might expect, she doesn't have too much to say about being the voice of Laura—she was seven or eight at the time and therefore wasn't particularly aware of what was going on. Although apparently she also did some of the sound effects for the Lying Figures, which is, you know, ridiculously creepy.

If anyone wants to arrange some general interview-type questions for her, I'll see what I can do. No guarantees, though.
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

^^
Wow, if it's really true she did some sound effects, that's pretty interesting.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

I dunno about the rest of y'all, but I think it'd probably be best to leave her be. No need to rope her into the maelstrom of fandom that makes otherwise rational people say stupid things for praise and adulation.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I agree. There is a significant portion of this fanbase that is dedicated to the task of embarrassing the other significant portion, and this becomes exponentially more problematic when one of the stars gets involved.

She's probably best off thinking she did a great job (she did), and that we are all happy.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Which she did, like you said, for being a child and all. Unless she comes forward (which would be cool), I'd leave her be. College is tough enough without fanboys ripping into your presence.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Especially since there is like no way in hell someone who was seven or eight at the time has any juicy insider Team Silent info or anything.

Damn, though, I'm jealous of that guy who goes to the same college as her.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Aerith Gainsborough

^Agreed. I seriously doubt that they're going to let a kid listen in on any of the dirty work, nor will they even comprehend what's going on.

Haha, yeah, look over and see Jakey Breckenridge in your Speech 101 class. Automatically shit bricks.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I'd pay her to scream at me, "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!" while punching my arm so I can see what James might have felt like in that moment of the game.

Then I'd also have a sore arm, because she's certainly bigger now, and stronger, and louder. :o

EDIT: And also not an eight-year-old animated character. :mrgreen:
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ You'd probably have to get your money back because her voice wouldn't be the same as before, you know....