Silent Hill 2 cast finally sign their waivers for Konami!

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Silent Hill 2 cast finally sign their waivers for Konami!

Post by redrum »

“Dave Schaufele and Guy Cihi sign the SH2 rights waivers - Sept. 29, 2011
Very special thanks to Monica Taylor Horgan and Donna Burke for signing their waivers! Fans, you need to understand that this simply wouldn’t have been possible without the cooperation and support of Tomm Hulett, Devin Shatsky and Michael Ranja of Konami USA. Plus, I would like to issue a special note of gratitude to Michael Patrick Arnold of Silent Haven who worked selflessly behind the scenes to get everyone together on this, and make the Win-Win ending possible. I don’t think we could have done it without you, Mike!”

Silent Haven
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hill 2 cast finally sign their waivers for Konami

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

It's already been mentioned in this thread. It's an update about the collection, so it should stay in already made topic about the game and the controversy.

Locking.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Hate to override, Baby Mod, but I think a thread specific to this is fine given we're talking about all the cast and not just "Eddie"!

And in response to the post itself: thank fuck. What a horrible, messy, unprofessional state of affairs it's been.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

I saw this on facebook this morning and I think it's great! Keeping the original voice overs would be great, but now that everyone is playing nice...maybe they will rerecord the original actors? Either way is fine with me, as long as they trash that new crap.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Amen to that.
I was so full of reading about this insanity every time I logged in for the last few months.. I think that in this last period, 85% of posts and topics were about this crap. And it was so unnecessary. So Shatsky, Hulett and whoever made this happen: God bless you all!
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

I'll still remain on my indifferent list regarding the whole affair til I know: 1) Who is voicing Angela for the redone cast (the only role I actually care about in 2) 2) If my wish will finally come true that Mary will voice Claudia and 3) If Heather's original VO will be present. Of course the old cast will always have its charm but I personally would like to hear how the lines are handled by a new cast. If the option for either\or is there, both parties are happy but again I won't feel any sort of angst over the new cast until the aforementioned roles are detailed.

As an aside, I do find my mind kind of humorous as I disliked the changes done when MGS1 was remade for the Gamecube, but am mostly rather indifferent to this whole thing with SH. Potentially because SH1 is still my favorite and that's more or less untouched.
victim21
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D

Post by victim21 »

How peeved off does the one on the right look? I'm guessing that's Guy? :p

This is good news, but what happens to the newly recorded voices? Do we get both? Oooooh!
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/The-doodler/sig.jpg[/img]
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

I still think Guy Cihi looks kind of pissed in that picture, probably just posing or whatever...

inb4thegreatsilenthilluprisingpart2

Edit-Damnit, someone beat me to it, I was busy with other things while I had this post open...
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

Last edited by Yoshata on 14 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

victim21 wrote:How peeved off does the one on the right look? I'm guessing that's Guy? :p
Trauma_ wrote:I still think Guy Cihi looks kind of pissed in that picture, probably just posing or whatever...
Guy responded to this on Facebook:
Guy Cihi wrote:Why am I not smiling in the photo? No special meaning. We shot three photos. I was smiling in the other two. The lighting in this one was best so I went for the better quality image. If you like, just imagine me smiling like Dave is. We were happy to put it all behind us. By the way, for those wondering about it... It was not at all easy getting Dave to sign. I owe him one now.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

So... is this actually going to change anything at all? I mean, Konami have already started working with the new voice actors, and even advertising the new VO work as some sort of "bonus"; bringing the game up to "modern standards", and all that. Will they seriously put in the effort to give players the option of using the old voices instead of the new ones, or toss out the new VO work altogether? I don't really see that happening.
nobody is anybody
Yoshata
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Yoshata »

Last edited by Yoshata on 14 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

Yes!!
Just what I was hoping for! A win-win situation!
Now I'm definitely getting the Collection. I can have my lovely HD SH2 & 3, as well as BOTH VO's, along with "Born From A Wish," which I haven't played.
I'm so content. I can hear the new voices, which I'm sure they worked hard on; and if I want, I can (hopefully) change a setting and Pow! The original voices are there.

I still wish SH4 was included....
Oh well...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Okay, great. Can we all shut up about this drama now that it's over? Holy goodness.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Good to see that this mess is finally resolved. It was really irritating.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I hope this is the end of Cihi's annoying whining and complaining... I started hating that guy...
Aerith Gainsborough

Vixx wrote:Hate to override, Baby Mod, but I think a thread specific to this is fine given we're talking about all the cast and not just "Eddie"!

And in response to the post itself: thank fuck. What a horrible, messy, unprofessional state of affairs it's been.
Oh, all right, Vixx! I wasn't sure, oopsy! :D

Also, I agree with you. I really, really hope this means that things are going to be smoooothed out.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I demand an alternate costume for James with a vest and grey hair.

I feel bad for the other VA's being caught in the crossfire of all this, but glad to see they're willing to take it in stride.
One can only hope we don't see a repeat of this when SH3 gets its new cast video out...
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

It's cool that they signed waivers, but I'm just waiting for a confirmation as to whether the original voices WILL be used... (Unless I missed it.)
I'll be pleased if they are. :D I just can't imagine the characters being quite the same otherwise.
Aerith Gainsborough

Typographenia wrote: I feel bad for the other VA's being caught in the crossfire of all this, but glad to see they're willing to take it in stride.
One can only hope we don't see a repeat of this when SH3 gets its new cast video out...
I'm assuming you mean the new ones, right, or do you mean the VA's besides Guy? I really feel sorry for the new VA's. They've basically gotten caught into this mess and didn't do anything wrong. Also, if they end up not using the new voices, then it's like they did that work for nothing, which is a bummer.