Reincarnation Ending

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Reincarnation Ending

Post by AuraTwilight »

That might explain why Valtiel was present for SH3 but not SH1
It's implied that Valtiel was in SH1 but just not seen since Harry isn't really important to it. Another factor is that Walter, who has Valtiel in his head at the time, visited Silent Hill before the events of SH2.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
cmm6016
Just Passing Through

Post by cmm6016 »

That might explain why Valtiel was present for SH3 but not SH1--in the 17-year span between the two, James summoned him up, but somehow never got around to dismissing him, so he's there for SH3.
I doubt that. Valtiel was present in SH3 because he is an attendant of god. He needs to be there because Heather is the Holy Mother, and his primary purpose is to watch over god until the time of the birthing. Another explanation is that he might have been invoked as a manifestation of Claudia out of her desire to see god birthed, in much the same way that James created Maria out of a desire to see Mary again. So, put in concise terms, it seems unlikely that James summoned him and Valtiel wandered around in limbo until Heather stumbled into town.
'Bout as dead as anyone's bound to get.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

> I mean, honestly, he's right there at the bottom of the picture when that name is used.<
No it's not. The god is in the center, wearing red. Perhaps she is the Crimson One, Xuchilpaba. Then there's a little girl in red holding god up. She is Xuchilbara, and her name is, my guess, derived from the god's name, Xuchilpaba. To god's right is another little girl, wearing yellow, also holding god up. This is Lobsel Vith.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Oh, well, my crackpot theory isn't really panning out. :/

At least I can rely on my SHForum brethren to think up crackpot theories alongside me. Thanks for taking me seriously, guys. You don't just flat-out call me a moron or anything, you take the time to explain why my IDEAS are moronic. I don't get a lot of non-ad-hominem responses on the internet, and I'd like to thank all of you for not being like everybody else. :)
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

Bah, I know how it goes. Mary is resurrected, but James turns into a baby with horns. Then a bunch of random animals show up. ;)
larry_lovage69
Just Passing Through

Post by larry_lovage69 »

I often thought about this myself my idea is that since everything in Silent Hill is twisted in some way it may have some kind of "Monkey's paw" effect. That is to say James will get Mary back but either:
A: Mary comes back but, it may not really be her soul that inhabits her body anymore.
or
B: Mary comes back but, she is not really alive and her body continues to decay.
or
C: Mary comes back, body healed , and with her own mind but, is angry with James for bringing her back from her possible eternal peace.

Just my thoughts.
My Silent Hill/Heroscape Project
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=25196
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

Perhaps history would repeat itself if the ritual was successful...
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I like to imagine that Mary would come back and be with James, but would be something less than human. Not like, murdering-zombie-girl or anything, but just... off.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^Kinda like the animals everybody was bringing back to life in Pet Sematary. You know, physically it's still yours, but it doesn't quite smell right, and maybe it's a little slower, a little duller, a little colder, its mannerisms a little out-of-place, it doesn't sound quite all the same, its presence feels just... off. I could kinda see that happening.