Quick Question on Angela

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Quick Question on Angela

Post by The Adversary »

My interpretation is simple, and I've already addressed it in this thread. It's a photo of a happy family that Angela found along her way. Much like how James finds photos and documents that relate to him—as in the photo in Woodside Apartments of a happy couple—Angela finds things that relate to her. It doesn't mean the family is hers, just like the photo of a happy couple isn't James and Mary.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

The Adversary wrote:My interpretation is simple, and I've already addressed it in this thread. It's a photo of a happy family that Angela found along her way. Much like how James finds photos and documents that relate to him—as in the photo in Woodside Apartments of a happy couple—Angela finds things that relate to her. It doesn't mean the family is hers, just like the photo of a happy couple isn't James and Mary.

That still doesnt explain why she would tear it in half right where the father is supposed to be. The purpose of the photo existing is to make the player assume that that the photo belongs to Angela. Of course, you're free to assume that the photo belongs to some other family or whatnot.
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
pyramidfred633
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidfred633 »

I've always thought it was Angelas family, but when you think about it carrying a photo aroud of the father (and brother?) who abused you would be a strange thing to do.

I reckon the Adversarys onto something and the town could be showing Angela happy family images to make her confront her demons.
Just because im paranoid doesnt mean people arent trying to kill me
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

PoemOfTheLastMoment wrote:That still doesnt explain why she would tear it in half right where the father is supposed to be.

Because from her experience she learned that all men are pigs and that they're only after one thing.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

What Mikefile said. It makes less sense for her to carry a photo and THEN rip it, than to have found some photo and ripped it. It's not uncommon for abuse victims to do, either. She ripped the photo because the existence of happy families and nice fathers both reminds her of her own pain and contradicts her worldview.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
pyramidfred633
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidfred633 »

She could have just found the photo in that room and the ripped it in anger knowing it's the sort of family she can never have.

Admitedly it is a strange thing to do but we have to account for her frame of mind at the time.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

Crazy, suicidal people with nothing to live for don't tend to "think things through," so she very well could have just been going through a random person's locker and started vandalizing their family photos.

"Why? Because they're perfectly happy, and we weren't! Why should they be happy when we couldn't be?!" - what I'd imagine Angela saying if you asked her about it.
Mreapr
Just Passing Through

Post by Mreapr »

pyramidfred633 wrote:but when you think about it carrying a photo aroud of the father (and brother?) who abused you would be a strange thing to do.

I reckon the Adversarys onto something and the town could be showing Angela happy family images to make her confront her demons.
Your reasoning on this makes no sense, it's got half of it ripped off specifically the side with the dad and "brother" missing. While I Dont take sides in this specific argument this I had to point out.
I'll be here to catch you, when your falling...
pyramidfred633
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramidfred633 »

What I meant was I don't understand why Angela brought the photo to silent hill, I assume the abuse was not a one of incedent so a photo like that is not something Angela is likely to have had on her. If you suggest she ripped the photo beforehand why keep the bit she ripped of? Or are you suggesting the photo is a manifestation which is entirely possible
Mreapr
Just Passing Through

Post by Mreapr »

well maybe she wanted to keep a momento of her mother with her. sentimental value, your guess is as good as mine. you could always make sense with each theory for this particular subject i think O.o
I'll be here to catch you, when your falling...
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

She was looking for her mom. It is possible she was carrying it so she could get others to recall if they had seen her.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

If that were the case, she would surely have shown it to James upon meeting him.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

That's true, but hopefully she felt embarrassed when he was mistaken to be her mom! I do feel that although Angela's mom did not stop (or could not stop the two men) the abuse, they did share a bond and that she wanted to find her mom, but her mind was so fragile and her thoughts too twisted that the world of Silent Hill distorted other characters into a resemblance of her mom as "punishment."