Born From A Wish question. Can someone explain this?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Strawberry Thunder
Just Passing Through

Born From A Wish question. Can someone explain this?

Post by Strawberry Thunder »

I've just bought the SH HD collection. I'm playing through Born From A Wish first and it would be great if somebody could explain something to me. Basically, what I don't get is if Ernest Baldwin is dead (a ghost) why is he still trying to bring his dead daughter back to life? I mean, if they're both ghosts then can't he be with her now? Doesn't he realise he's dead?

I've searched the forum but couldn't find the answer. Sorry if this has been asked before.
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Born From A Wish question. Can someone explain this?

Post by KingCrimson »

Maybe he wants her to be alive so she can grow up and have a good life.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

He died trying to bring her back. As a ghost, he's going to pursue his unfinished business with his lifetime regardless of it making no rational sense.

In the end though, it seems he receives peace knowing how Amy died, and knowing that miracles exist. So he has Maria retrieve the White Liquid just for the same of completing things, and then seems to pass on without attempting the spell.

Miracles do exist. So maybe he'll be reunited with Amy. One way or another.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Strawberry Thunder
Just Passing Through

AuraTwilight wrote:He died trying to bring her back. As a ghost, he's going to pursue his unfinished business with his lifetime regardless of it making no rational sense.

In the end though, it seems he receives peace knowing how Amy died, and knowing that miracles exist. So he has Maria retrieve the White Liquid just for the same of completing things, and then seems to pass on without attempting the spell.

Miracles do exist. So maybe he'll be reunited with Amy. One way or another.
You say he died trying to bring her back. How did he die, exactly? I always thought he committed suicide when his daughter died. Also, he was there when she died, right? So, did he just forget how she died?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

They know she fell from a window in the attic, but they didn't know why she was up there (to hide a birthday present).

As for how he died, it seems he spent the rest of his life trying to revive her. He might of just died of old age and a broken heart.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Strawberry Thunder
Just Passing Through

AuraTwilight wrote:They know she fell from a window in the attic, but they didn't know why she was up there (to hide a birthday present).

As for how he died, it seems he spent the rest of his life trying to revive her. He might of just died of old age and a broken heart.
I get it now. Thank you. :)