Starting with SH 2?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Kosmos
Just Passing Through

Starting with SH 2?

Post by Kosmos »

Hello,

I am new to the Silent Hill games. I know the games should be played consecutively in their order of release but I have not been able to find SH 1 yet because it's somewhat rare nowadays.

So, I plan on starting with Silent Hill 2 soon, will I be missing a lot of story details or should I be good without having played the first game? Of course I am going to catch up with SH1 as soon as possible, but I got SH2 laying around here for some days now and I can't wait playing it :)

Cheers
List of samples that need to be found - please review them and contact us if necessary.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Re: Starting with SH 2?

Post by Jonipoon »

You wont miss anything, Silent Hill 2 is a stand-alone in the series and doesn't pick up where SH1's storyline ended.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
fudgestix

Re: Starting with SH 2?

Post by fudgestix »

Hey welcome to the forum.

This particular question has been asked and discussed many times before. Please make sure you search before you create a new one to avoid creating duplicate topics.

here is an example of where it's been discussed, however Jonipoon is correct. The only two games which people would really recommend you play in order are 1 and 3, the rest stand alone plot wise - although its always nice to try and play them in order :3

Since the question has been discussed before, I'm going to lock this.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)