Unused music tracks mystery in SH2:

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Firebrandx
Just Passing Through

Unused music tracks mystery in SH2:

Post by Firebrandx »

Greetings!

After completing my latest project of the be-all, end-all complete soundtrack to SH2 (article here: LINK REMOVED, I went back to the PC version to have a look at all the adx music tracks to compare with what I recovered from the PS2 version. Although the sound quality on the PC version is terrible, it does offer a unique opportunity to extract every music track in the game (some are merged with the voice-overs as one file). In reviewing all the tracks, I've found some that I've never heard or been able to have come up during the game. I'm hoping someone else might have and can pinpoint how to trigger them. Let's just start with the Lakeview Hotel to see how this goes:

1. Many of you are quite familiar with the track "Black Fairy" on the OST. The screeching noise and low frequency 'warp' noises that appear on this track are also stored as elements in the game sound files. However, I've not been able to get them to appear in-game no matter what difficulty I try.

2. Also stored as elements in the same grouping as the Black Fairy elements are these two combined tracks:LINK REMOVED

3. Stored in the same file groups belonging to the music that plays when you enter the flooded basement are the following two combined tracks: LINK REMOVED

4. Stored in the same file group of the music elements that play during the burning staircase when you talk to Angela for the last time are the following 3 combined tracks: LINK REMOVED

5. Finally, There are two combined tracks stored by themselves: LINK REMOVED

If anyone can spot these in-game, that would rock!
fudgestix

Re: Unused music tracks mystery in SH2:

Post by fudgestix »

I'm really sorry, we don't allow linking to sites which contain elements of the OST.See here for our forum stance on this. Please do not give the link out on the forum again.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Firebrandx
Just Passing Through

Post by Firebrandx »

Oh sorry, the other links were not part of the OST, so I don't know why you deleted those...
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

They were part of your site which contains them, even if it wasn't directly linking to where the other tracks are.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Firebrandx
Just Passing Through

Post by Firebrandx »

I see. Well it's okay. I posted the same question on one of the other major SH forums, so maybe eventually I can get some help over there. Sorry for wasting your time here.