Revelations: Persona Reference

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Revelations: Persona Reference

Post by LeriSuccubus »

I just started playing Persona 1 (or Revelations: Persona) for psone and found this little scene in the beginning in a hospital, thought it was share-worthy.

So I'm guessing Team Silent was a fan of the Megami Tensei games? I looked it up and Persona 1 was released in 1996 while SH2 was released 2001.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Revelations: Persona Reference

Post by AuraTwilight »

It could just be a coincidence. It's an awesome one, though.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Augophthalmoses
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Augophthalmoses »

I doubt it's intentional. Mary's hotel room in SH2 is 312 not 302 and Mary's name in the Japanese version of Persona 1 is Maki which was carried over to the PSP version even in the North American release.

It's just another one of those coincidences such as RE3 containing Carlos remarking "There was a hospital here. It's gone now." when inspecting the remains behind him after the hospital blows up.

If anything is similar between Maki and Mary (SH2) it's the fact they were both bed ridden patients in a hospital who in some way played a part in the events the main character(s) went through in their respective games.
LeriSuccubus
Just Passing Through

Post by LeriSuccubus »

I thought the hotel room was 302? Why do I think this? 312 isn't ringing any bells at all and I played the game through at least 5 times. Aw, man. I think it's because I've played SH4 and that room is 302, but I thought that this was the same room number? Their closeness has obviously confused me

Anywho, I also played a bit more and found this.

So, the town is taken away into fog and is now overrun with demons. This is getting interesting. I'm wondering if this is a common thing in Japanese games, but these are the only two (SH and Persona), that I've played at least, that seem so similar. Kinda feels like a Silent Hill RPG or something, now, which is pretty cool (though I know Persona was made first).
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

302 = Henry's apartment
312 = Mary's hotel room
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

These connections are obviously coincidences, but they are pretty amusing considering Tomm Hulett worked at Atlus and localized some Megami Tensei games before joining Konami and Silent Hill.