People Being Sick In The Game ?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

People Being Sick In The Game ?

Post by Silent_Storm »

Firstly we find Eddie being sick in the bathroom inside the Apartments although we have no reasonable idea of why.

Was it the dead body ?
Was it bulimia ?
Was it a reference to Mary's illness ?

I can think of a large number of reasons but I would like to see what everyone else thinks.

Maria begins to feel unwell in the hospital.

This almost certainly connected to Mary but there may be other reasons I over looked.
I mean what else could it be she did chase after Laura but apart from that she didn't really do much and when you meet her again she seems perfectly fine (although a little angry).

Also Angela gags like she is about to be sick after the Abstract Daddy boss battle and actually says 'You Make Me Sick'.

This I could not figure out but I think it is again a subtle hint to James about Mary.

Edit :-

Notice how Laura (and James himself) never feel sick.
Last edited by Silent_Storm on 03 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.
What's the big deal - Laura
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Re: People Being Sick In The Game ?

Post by Mephisto »

Eddie feels sick because of the killings, by his own hands.

Most persons feel sick when commiting a murder and it happened with Eddie, too. But that sickness became some sort of lust after more successful attempts.

I know what I'm saying, I have a degree in psychology.........
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

It's not that uncommon for people to do stuff like puke after murdering somebody.
Your weaboo is showing
Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Storm »

I did forensic science and if all killers were sick after killing someone it would of been so much easier.
What's the big deal - Laura
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

He could be sick because all the crap that has been going on. I probably would. Lol
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

Silent_Storm wrote:I did forensic science and if all killers were sick after killing someone it would of been so much easier.
I never said all killers, but it's not unheard of for people to have a strong physical reaction after some kind of traumatic event. He probably felt shitty and/or scared after realizing what he's done.

Also he's fat and dresses like he's 12.
Your weaboo is showing
R08813
Just Passing Through

Post by R08813 »

Silent_Storm wrote:Edit :-

Notice how Laura (and James himself) never feel sick.
Laura simply has no reason to be sick. We know that she does not see monsters. We don't know what she sees in Silent Hill. She may see a town of emptiness. She may see something else based on her imagination. Either way, there is no reason for her to feel sick.

James does not feel sick physically but one may argue he's kind of mentally unwell...
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

Also, Angela may have felt sick after the battle because, well...Abstract Daddy is just disgusting. Although I hadn't realized ''you make me sick'' could also be in reference to Mary, but since Angela isn't connected to James' psyche, I don't see how that would work.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

So, the 'You probably found someone else' insinuation does also not refer to James? You know, 'cause Angela isn't connected to James' psyche.
That really doesn't mean much. Neither Alessa isn't part of James's psyche so, how can James see the Virun? I don't what do you mean with not being part of James' psyche, so I could be just misinterpreting you, but technically, everything can be part of his world, as the Otherworld is a mish-mush of tons of different shit that one couldn't even guess.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's also possible Angela got some insight into James' life. The same way James found that newspaper telling him about Angela's abuse.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Y'all are forgetting something important.

We, the players, can't smell Silent Hill. :wink: I'd say the vast majority of those locations would get me nauseous.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

mikefile wrote:So, the 'You probably found someone else' insinuation does also not refer to James? You know, 'cause Angela isn't connected to James' psyche.
That really doesn't mean much. Neither Alessa isn't part of James's psyche so, how can James see the Virun? I don't what do you mean with not being part of James' psyche, so I could be just misinterpreting you, but technically, everything can be part of his world, as the Otherworld is a mish-mush of tons of different shit that one couldn't even guess.
No no no, I was way too vague so I can't blame you. I thought people were referring to Angela saying ''you make me sick'' as if James was imagining her saying it because of his memories and guilt and whatnot (which is why I said it wasn't likely because she's not connected to his psyche, she's there on her own), but I didn't realize she could've said it simply because she found out what he did.

But even then I'm rambling. You're probably right. :lol:
Kenji wrote:Y'all are forgetting something important.

We, the players, can't smell Silent Hill. :wink: I'd say the vast majority of those locations would get me nauseous.
This is something I've thought of as well, Silent Hill is like the epitome of unkept and it probably isn't a comfortable place to be in even if the locations themselves make you have a fangasm.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

The next silent hill title needs to include a book of scratch and sniff stickers that I'm prompted to use upon entering certain locations.

The smell of the environment never was a concern to me, but now I can't imagine how the protagonists were able to pass through most of the areas they went through.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

A bit off the topic of this post, but just how bad do you think Mary looked in the hospital because of her disease? Or was it just an exaggeration of hers?
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Considering how badly she wanted to look like a cheap hooker for James (and I suppose his wanting that, too, provided the rock-solid foundation for their relationship), she could've just had chapped lips and dry skin and thought she looked hideous. :wink:

But seriously, until we learn what nondescript death disease she had, we have no idea of what the symptoms might actually look like.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

....Uh, aren't there in-game models of how bad Mary looked? She looks pretty damn terrible by anyone's standards. We can observe a few symptoms, we just don't know what caused them.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Unless I'm mistaken, Frank was asking on the basis that maybe the in-game model was an exaggeration. Or something like that.
FrankRD
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FrankRD »

AuraTwilight wrote:....Uh, aren't there in-game models of how bad Mary looked? She looks pretty damn terrible by anyone's standards. We can observe a few symptoms, we just don't know what caused them.
Wait, you mean this?

I'm sorry, it's been a long time since I last played SH2, and I while surfing youtube I came across that part in the game before the final boss where James remembers the time when she was hospitalized and I couldn't recall whether we actually saw her sick or not; so I just assumed we didn't. :lol:

On another point; yeah, it'd be interesting to know what incurable disease she actually had, I don't think it'd affect the symbolism and ambiguity of it all.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The fog in the normalside locations would indicate high humidity and moderately cool temperatures. I imagined that the Otherworld was also very humid but probably much warmer, conducive to creating the nasty, moldy appearance of Alternate Brookhaven.

For those of you not used to high humidity, it makes things stinky.