Does Silent Hill HD Collection come with game intros?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

predxeno
Just Passing Through

Does Silent Hill HD Collection come with game intros?

Post by predxeno »

Didn't Silent Hill 2 come with an intro of some sort when you started the game for PS3? I never saw it when I turned on the game for PS3. I installed the game on my PS3 overnight while I slept so I'd be able to play it in the morning. Did I miss anything? I know that Resistance 3 showed a little clip immediately after installation that it doesn't do anymore unless you go to the videos section.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Re: Does Silent Hill HD Collection come with game intros?

Post by Silent Fantasy »

SH2 has only ever had the one intro video before the title screen like SH1 did, but you have to wait a minute or two on the title screen. It is on the HD Collection version.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
predxeno
Just Passing Through

Post by predxeno »

Oh good, so I didn't miss any secret vids or anything? Is this also how I get the SH3 intro? How do I choose which intro I want?
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

No, it's all there. The SH3 intro vid plays automatically upon starting the game. And there is only 1 intro vid in either game, so there is no choosing anything besides which game to play.
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

They all have it before the game menu. If you also wait at the Main Menu after about 10 seconds it will replay the intro.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

The Silent Hill 2 intro took a while, but it eventually played.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

peronmls wrote:They all have it before the game menu. If you also wait at the Main Menu after about 10 seconds it will replay the intro.
Silent Hill 2 doesn't, only SH3's plays before the main menu. You have to wait on the main menu for a minute for SH2's intro to play.
eddieatemypizza
Just Passing Through

Post by eddieatemypizza »

the only good thing that came from the HD collection is that you can view the credits and see all the people's names who released this abomination...how can you release a "Collection" that doesnt include the original game (SH1)? or even (SH4)..they destoyed SH2 by eliminating almost all the fog..the new voices are garbage..in SH3 the characters talk and there's like a 2 second lag when their mouths actually move..no replay value whatsoever..how you manage to f*** games up that came out 10 years prior is really incredible..
Just Passing Through

Post by 911 »

Silent Fantasy wrote:
peronmls wrote:They all have it before the game menu. If you also wait at the Main Menu after about 10 seconds it will replay the intro.
Silent Hill 2 doesn't, only SH3's plays before the main menu. You have to wait on the main menu for a minute for SH2's intro to play.
It's the same for the original Silent Hill 2 on Playstation 2. I never saw the intro and I thought there wasn't any intro for this one. I didn't knew that I have to wait to see it.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

One thing to keep in mind about the intro for SH2 (for those that never knew it existed):
The characters will be mute until you beat the game for the first time. Then, when you ckeck on the intro again, the sound will come out.
Just Passing Through

Post by 911 »

I guess it's to keep some mysteries around the game.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

Mephisto wrote:One thing to keep in mind about the intro for SH2 (for those that never knew it existed):
The characters will be mute until you beat the game for the first time. Then, when you ckeck on the intro again, the sound will come out.
Ha that's pretty cool. I've only viewed it after I beat the game.