Inspiration for Eddie...? :3

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Inspiration for Eddie...? :3

Post by lain of the wired »

So it's new year's day, there's not a lot to do, so I'm just flipping through TV, when I see some show about "Real Fear: The Truth Behind The Movies." Mothman Prophecies, Amityville Horror... oooh, Silent Hill! Alright, could be fun. They do the typical stupid ghost show stuff, tracking down people who were "there" wjen the actual events that inspiref the "actual events" that inspired the movies occurred, then running around iwith nightvision cameras and spooking themselves. BUT, they also show actual clips from newsreels about the events. They finally get to Centrailia, I start paying attention. They happen to show a clip of an interview with a 12 year old boy who was pulled into a sinkhole causef by the fire... and he seems a little familiar...

The blue and green striped shirt, blond hair, khaki pants, and even the same shoes...
C'mon- that's pretty cool. 8) Just wanted to share with you guys.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Re: Inspiration for Eddie...? :3

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

What year was this kid supposedly pulled into a sinkhole? And how old is this show? If the footage, etc is older than SH2, then it's definitely too close to be a coincidence. I mean, they're surnames are almost identical as well (Eddie's just has an "r" in there between the "b" and "o"). If it weren't for that, I'd probably put it all down to coincidence.

Great find, btw. :)
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

The show was 2011, 2012. The newsclips, however, were from the time Centralia fucking caught fire and was actually in the news . They wouldn't have interviewed him on the news otherwise.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

lain of the wired wrote:The newsclips, however, were from the time Centralia fucking caught fire and was actually in the news . They wouldn't have interviewed him on the news otherwise.
I kinda figured they wouldn't have bothered interviewing the kid if nothing actually happened. I'm not entirely stupid. :roll: I'm just trying to find out when both the show and footage were made to know which one may have served as inspiration. I'm unfamiliar with this show (what with me living in a completely different country and all), and obviously I've never seen this interview, so all I know is what's contained in your post. Speaking of which, your post didn't include any dates or much information on the interview other than the kid's wardrobe having some resemblance to Eddie's (oh, and the surname).