PS2 version vs. PC version?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

silenthill23
Just Passing Through

PS2 version vs. PC version?

Post by silenthill23 »

I tried searching for the answer with the search button, but nothing came up.

Anyway, can someone post side by side comparisons of the PC version (with highest texture quality setting) and the PS2? I'm debating on rather or not the $92 asking price on ebay is worth it. Thanks!
"If I could b anything, I'd b the water in your bath darling." - Prince
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: PS2 version vs. PC version?

Post by peronmls »

silenthill23 wrote:I tried searching for the answer with the search button, but nothing came up.

Anyway, can someone post side by side comparisons of the PC version (with highest texture quality setting) and the PS2? I'm debating on rather or not the $92 asking price on ebay is worth it. Thanks!
PC version is better because you can enhance the graphics way beyond PS2 and HD collection.
Project_Night
Just Passing Through

Post by Project_Night »

peronmls wrote:
silenthill23 wrote:I tried searching for the answer with the search button, but nothing came up.

PC version is better because you can enhance the graphics way beyond PS2 and HD collection.
Quote. Anyway, Silent Hill 2 on PS2 still looks good.
If you want, please support my horror game "Project Night": http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/proje ... /x/2716968
Thank you!
Valour_Vector
Just Passing Through

Post by Valour_Vector »

Project_Night wrote:
peronmls wrote:

Quote. Anyway, Silent Hill 2 on PS2 still looks good.

Agreed.:D

I personally would recommend the PS2 Greatest Hits edition over any other, um, like rendition of the game.

Call me a nazi. .O.

I'm even a.. slight fan of the HD Collection to some degree..

Some of the textures are nice, but for the most part, it is a disaster when compared side by side with the original. No dirt on the roads, lol, the darkness goes past an acceptable level.. And framerate is just an issue.. period.. :?
Steel Pipe
Just Passing Through

Post by Steel Pipe »

Valour_Vector wrote:

I'm even a.. slight fan of the HD Collection to some degree..

Some of the textures are nice, but for the most part, it is a disaster when compared side by side with the original. No dirt on the roads, lol, the darkness goes past an acceptable level.. And framerate is just an issue.. period.. :?
At least SH2 runs much better than SH3 on the HD collection.SH3 is on the brink of unplayability.
Every end does not appear together with its beginning.

~Herodotus~
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

It's always fun to watch people still complain about the HD Collection when mine run perfectly fine after the patch.

If it's between the PS2 and PC versions of the game, though, I would go with the PC. If you have a rig that can run it as it should run, you may get more out of it. It would also be a lot easier on your wallet.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
silenthill23
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthill23 »

Thanks! I'll look around for the PC version.
"If I could b anything, I'd b the water in your bath darling." - Prince