It's been six months....

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

KennyPowrez
Just Passing Through

It's been six months....

Post by KennyPowrez »

Since I first beat this game and it's been lingering in my mind. Am I alone in this?
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: It's been six months....

Post by phantomess »

Hardly. Some of us first beat it over a decade ago and still have it on our minds!
KennyPowrez
Just Passing Through

Post by KennyPowrez »

I'm happy I waited 13 years to finish it, I don't think the 12 year old me would have understood it.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

KennyPowrez wrote:Since I first beat this game and it's been lingering in my mind. Am I alone in this?
GABBA GABBA
WE ACCEPT YOU
WE ACCEPT YOU
ONE OF US
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Its Gone Now »

It is still one of the best games ever made for me, easily in my top 10, maybe even top 5, as far as Horror Games go, it's at the top with a few other notables.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

KennyPowrez wrote:Since I first beat this game and it's been lingering in my mind. Am I alone in this?
When I first played this game way back when it was new, I had the same feeling. The feelings of dread an unease, plus the 'wtf did I play, how does this exist?' stuck with me for probably nearly a year.

Going back and playing Silent Hill 1 for the first time after didn't help anything either!
KennyPowrez
Just Passing Through

Post by KennyPowrez »

Thanks for the input. I happy this forum exists, I'm pretty sure my friends are tired of me talking about SH2 all the time.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

KennyPowrez wrote:Thanks for the input. I happy this forum exists, I'm pretty sure my friends are tired of me talking about SH2 all the time.
Don't worry, it's been 14 years for me and I still have never shut the hell up about it. When Silent Hill 2 was new, I never quit talking about it.

Almost every one of my friends sat through a playthrough with me at one point or another at max volume in the middle of the night. I still do them for all the games to this day too.

As long as you're not making your friends want to murder you in your sleep over it, it's worth being passionate about something you love.

I will probably be going off about SH2 still when I'm 75, full of dementia and thinking SH2 was still brand new hah. That's gonna be awesome.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Tabris wrote: I will probably be going off about SH2 still when I'm 75, full of dementia and thinking SH2 was still brand new hah. That's gonna be awesome.
We should create a SH-themed old folks home that we can all retire to. The nurses taking care of us will be SH nurses. The siren which will signal meal times will eliminate the most old and feeble by giving us heart attacks.

And I'll still be a 90 year old Cybil hobbling around trying to get people to throw their red punch on me. Lmao.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

phantomess wrote:
Tabris wrote: I will probably be going off about SH2 still when I'm 75, full of dementia and thinking SH2 was still brand new hah. That's gonna be awesome.
We should create a SH-themed old folks home that we can all retire to. The nurses taking care of us will be SH nurses. The siren which will signal meal times will eliminate the most old and feeble by giving us heart attacks.

And I'll still be a 90 year old Cybil hobbling around trying to get people to throw their red punch on me. Lmao.
I 100% agree with this! Honestly if the sirens don't take us out with heart attacks, the amazing quality food Silent Hill is known for would probably do it.

Roast dog full of choking hazards (keys!) sounds incredibly appealing to me!
Mustang
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mustang »

I beat the game back when it came out and still talk about it and think about it.
I've played through it every year since release.
Celephais
Just Passing Through

Post by Celephais »

I've played through Silent Hill 2 countless times, on every difficulty setting, getting every ending and exploring everything the best I can. And yet I find myself returning to this game time and time again even after all these years. There is just something about it that keeps calling me back. Must be that Gonzale's Mexican Restaurant in South Vale.
Neurotic
Just Passing Through

Post by Neurotic »

It's been... huh.. has it been fourteen years already? I was already anguished back then but now, seeing things I didn't take a note of before? Added devastation to my anguish, but it is my favorite SH game and will most likely always be.