Silent Hill Heaven
http://silenthillforum.com/

Mary [Spoiler]
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26182
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Chiaotzu [ 09 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Mary [Spoiler]

Hello, it's passed 14 years after my first entry to Silent Hill 2. It's still in my heart, with music and characters, environment and mood. I am very sad about there are no any movies, of this story. But thats not about that. It's about Mary.
I think about her and I figured out that there could be a super small chance that she is alive, isn't?
The ending "Maria" where James leaves Silent Hill with Maria, if it leaves it with non existing person means that he went crazy. But if Maria was a real person, I think she was absolutely Mary. That scene in prison, only Mary could know about video tape.
So what do you think is there any chances that Mary could survive?

Author:  AuraTwilight [ 09 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

No, Mary is dead. Maria can know what she does because she's a supernatural being.

Author:  Vixx [ 09 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

AuraTwilight wrote:
No, Mary is dead. Maria can know what she does because she's a supernatural being.


Agreed. She was dead long before James made his return trip to Silent Hill, I'm afraid.

Author:  Chiaotzu [ 10 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Very sad, all the time as was thinking that Mary somehow could be alive. But maybe there left one chance - rebirth ending. I wonder whats happen after all. If Mary was resurrected, what happen next, maybe this was a happy anding?

Author:  Enika [ 10 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Chiaotzu wrote:
Very sad, all the time as was thinking that Mary somehow could be alive. But maybe there left one chance - rebirth ending. I wonder whats happen after all. If Mary was resurrected, what happen next, maybe this was a happy anding?


There is an ending about that, called Rebirth. What happens at the very end is up to you, but unfortunately, it doesn't imply anything good. :(

Author:  phantomess [ 12 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Chiaotzu wrote:
But maybe there left one chance - rebirth ending. I wonder whats happen after all. If Mary was resurrected, what happen next, maybe this was a happy anding?
I love that ending. I love imagining the possibilities. You can make it as happy or as morbid as you want.

Author:  Tabris [ 12 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

James sounds completely broken, twisted and insane in that ending

Author:  phantomess [ 12 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

You mean when he's rowing the boat across the lake and speaking calmly about bringing her back because he doesn't want to live without her?

Is he behaving sanely? No, but... well, I can't really explain further why I enjoy the ending to someone who doesn't understand.

Author:  Chiaotzu [ 13 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Sorry for out of topic, but I watched few interviews of Guy Cihi on youtube. Does anybody knows any interviews with Monica who was the voice actor of Mary/Maria|? I would love to hear Mary's voice again.

Author:  Chiaotzu [ 20 Sep 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Remodeled Mary's room

Imageupload pics

Author:  Pastucci [ 11 Oct 2016 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Chiaotzu wrote:
Hello, it's passed 14 years after my first entry to Silent Hill 2. It's still in my heart, with music and characters, environment and mood. I am very sad about there are no any movies, of this story. But thats not about that. It's about Mary.
I think about her and I figured out that there could be a super small chance that she is alive, isn't?
The ending "Maria" where James leaves Silent Hill with Maria, if it leaves it with non existing person means that he went crazy. But if Maria was a real person, I think she was absolutely Mary. That scene in prison, only Mary could know about video tape.
So what do you think is there any chances that Mary could survive?


^
To clarify, Mary really is dead. I believe Ito (one of the art designers for Team Silent) tweeted that
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Mary's body is in the back seat of James' car
.

Author:  Lifetolifeless [ 11 Mar 2017 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Chiaotzu wrote:
Very sad, all the time as was thinking that Mary somehow could be alive. But maybe there left one chance - rebirth ending. I wonder whats happen after all. If Mary was resurrected, what happen next, maybe this was a happy anding?


I've always been fascinated by this take on a Rebirth ending.

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_ch.php?cid=414969&submit=View+Chapter&id=121292

Author:  SilverWolfPet [ 18 Apr 2017 ]
Post subject:  Re: Mary [Spoiler]

Does the fact that we get info like the one in Pastucci's spoiler tag over the years make the game "better" or "incomplete"?

I know this is part of the beauty of the Silent Hill Series, but nowadays would you personally like to have the game tell you directly "Yes, Mary's totally DED" or do you still prefer to leave things up for debate?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/