Lost Silent Hill 2 mo-cap footage.

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Lost Silent Hill 2 mo-cap footage.

Post by jdnation »

Guy Cihi apparently found some! Starts at 4:55.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l7AUROgi04

"It was lost in storage for more than 15 years. I only found it because two years ago I converted the old Hi8 family video tapes to DVDs in advance of my daughter's wedding. And even then, at just 3 min., it remained elusive until just about two weeks ago." - Guy Cihi
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360878

From Bluestone, the mo-cap director on Gaf:

"Yeah, kid yeller, translator of every shred of dialog and text in the SH2~4, VO director, mocap director, talent scout, etc."

"Yep, that's me. I was really happy to see this video. They cut me out of the Making Of pretty ruthlessly because I think Konami didn't want to show that a non-employee did so much work on their game. But the directing I was doing there was a pretty good example of what each day was like (although in the case of the other actors, the direction came before scenes as opposed to during them.)"

"The women in the games really did an amazing job. Monica and Heather were absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough about them. Especially Monica, she just blew me away and I feel that way every time I replay a scene. But actors need a good script to do a good job, so I also have to pat myself on the back. You can't do a good job acting if the lines suck"
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Re: Lost Silent Hill 2 mo-cap footage.

Post by Haunting Hero »

jdnation wrote:Guy Cihi apparently found some! Starts at 4:55.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l7AUROgi04

"It was lost in storage for more than 15 years. I only found it because two years ago I converted the old Hi8 family video tapes to DVDs in advance of my daughter's wedding. And even then, at just 3 min., it remained elusive until just about two weeks ago." - Guy Cihi
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1360878

From Bluestone, the mo-cap director on Gaf:

"Yeah, kid yeller, translator of every shred of dialog and text in the SH2~4, VO director, mocap director, talent scout, etc."

"Yep, that's me. I was really happy to see this video. They cut me out of the Making Of pretty ruthlessly because I think Konami didn't want to show that a non-employee did so much work on their game. But the directing I was doing there was a pretty good example of what each day was like (although in the case of the other actors, the direction came before scenes as opposed to during them.)"

"The women in the games really did an amazing job. Monica and Heather were absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough about them. Especially Monica, she just blew me away and I feel that way every time I replay a scene. But actors need a good script to do a good job, so I also have to pat myself on the back. You can't do a good job acting if the lines suck"
I'm so happy he had found that. It probably brought back so many good memories :)
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

That's a really great find, and it's nice that there is some kind of documentation for this stuff.
It would have been a shame if it had been lost.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Yea, it's actually pretty cool seeing this after so long.

Feels nice seeing little tidbits like this for a game nearing two decades old hah.
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

This is really interesting.