Silent Hill 2-pal speed vs ntsc speed

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Dodgyhodgyo4
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 2-pal speed vs ntsc speed

Post by Dodgyhodgyo4 »

I've been looking around and I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be any concrete information on whether or not the PAL version of silent hill 2 runs slower than the NTSC version, would love to know if the PAL version is worth the money (specifically the PS2 PAL version).
Dodgyhodgyo4
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent Hill 2-pal speed vs ntsc speed

Post by Dodgyhodgyo4 »

Still looking...
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Why would it run slower? Is that something typical of PAL releases?
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

I don't think anyone's replied because we hadn't heard of that before, dodgyhodgyo4. Never come across that question before, I'm afraid, so I don't have an answer!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

leftshoe18 wrote:Why would it run slower? Is that something typical of PAL releases?
Old PAL games, in general, are 50hz and NTSC-U are 60hz. If you try to run PAL stuff without the supported methods the screen goes all funky, like black and white or white noise static, for example.

But lagg? Never heard about anything running slower than the expected. Unless it's a problem with the console's soft/hardware or with the game.

Anyways, most gadgets are free voltage nowadays so what the hell.
Dodgyhodgyo4
Just Passing Through

Post by Dodgyhodgyo4 »

Thanks for the replies. After playing the game a couple months ago and comparing it to a NTSC copy of the game running through PCSX2, it appears the PAL version runs at about 25fps and suffers from a squashed image.