Save anywhere and extra map?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Save anywhere and extra map?

Post by Haunting Hero »

I saw this in my news feed, I will put the link here:
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/16/si ... ets-found/

In short, if you can't read the original article or don't have time, I will explain. Basically, someone had found something in Silent Hill 2 (Original, not HD) that allows you to save anywhere and have an extra minimap. After seventeen years about, a player found that secret left behind, you simply needed the Dog ending (at least, they said in another article it could just be Rebirth)

After a combo of several buttons, you gain access to these two hidden secrets. It is likely for the original Playstation version as no one yet found it in HD or other versions. Kinda interesting to me, what do you guys think?
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Re: Save anywhere and extra map?

Post by Jonipoon »

Haunting Hero wrote:you simply needed the Dog ending (at least, they said in another article it could just be Rebirth)
Not exactly. To access the dog key which will allow you to get the dog ending you have to get all endings (Leave, Maria, In Water), OR just Rebirth.

Although I haven't heard of these secrets before it does sound pretty useless to me. Instant save has been possible on PC since 2002.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Haunting Hero
Just Passing Through

Post by Haunting Hero »

Jonipoon wrote:
Haunting Hero wrote:you simply needed the Dog ending (at least, they said in another article it could just be Rebirth)
Not exactly. To access the dog key which will allow you to get the dog ending you have to get all endings (Leave, Maria, In Water), OR just Rebirth.

Although I haven't heard of these secrets before it does sound pretty useless to me. Instant save has been possible on PC since 2002.
I thought it was interesting of a find. To clarify, in one article they said you needed Rebirth and not Dog, but then they changed it in another article where you needed the Dog ending.
◇Some people feel the rain, others just get wet◇
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Its always interesting when new things are found in old games. I never would have guessed.